Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Worred about lump on the breast

SINCE ONE WEEK I HAVE A LUMP (CYSTS) ON MY BREAST ACCOMPANIED BY HIGH FEVER AND SEVER PAIN. SINCE YESTERDAY I AM ALSO FEELING PAIN IN MY SHOULDERS.

TODAY GOT MAMMOGRAPHY, ULTRA SOUND, BLOOD TEST (COMPLETE HAEMOGRAM/KFT/LFT/UR/R/M), FINE NEEDLE ASPIRATION AND URINE CULTURE WHOSE REPORTS ARE AWAITED BY EVENING.

THERE IS NO CHANGE IN MY SIZE OF BREAST.NIPPLES ARE NORMAL.

BUT WHEN MAMMOGRAPHY WAS BEING DONE AND WHITLE FLUID CAME OUT.

I HAVE A HISTORY OF THYROID. IN THE BEGINING IT WAS HYPOTHYROID AND NOW ITS HYPER THYROID.

CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE ME WHETHER ITS AREA FOR WORRY.IF ITS A CYST OR LUMP CAN IT BE CURED.

IS IT CANCER???? OR ITS DUE TO THYROID.

I HOPE TO HEAR FEEDBACKS IN ORDER TO REMOVE MY TENSION.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello, I am 19 years old and I found a lump in my breast that came out to be cyst. Now, I had the same thing when I was 13 and they told me that it would never happen again since it was pretty rare that a 13 year old would get such a thing at so young an age. However, it has returned and they are both very tender and they feel very swollen and heavy. I am afraid that it may be a sign of cancer. Is there a way to tell if this is a sign that these reocurring cysts can lead to cancer or not? And i'm not sure if I should get them taken out soon or not because the last time they told me to have it taken out ASAP.....so please help me and let me know what I shoud do, I'd appreciate it....
God Bless!:)
Helpful - 0
Hi! thanks for your reply.  The FNA report says its FIBROCYSTIC DISEASE.

Mammography and UC says there are various cysts measuring from 3 - 13 inches in size.

All other reports are normal.

Can you let me know that should I go for FNA or get them surgically removed.
Helpful - 0
That is wonderful news.  I was once labeled with the same thing.  My cysts came and went.  My BC was not from any of those cysts.  The question that you might want to ask is:  

1.  Can this turn into cancer?
2.  Will you watch these again?
3.  Should a breast surgeon evaluate the finding? (did you see one?)
4.  Should I have a MRI to look at them closer?

If they say they are cysts (clear) not a lump (solid) then you should be able to believe them.  If it was a lump then you might want it removed.  MANY poeple have what you have - just keep checking your breast monthly and when you find another lump go to the doctor.  I had about 4 cysts before I foung my BC.  Each one I went in for mammo and ultrasound - all were cysts.  When I found my 5th one - I thougth it was also a cysts, cause it felt the same.  I waited a few months.  Went in and it was BC.  Just make sure you have each lump you feel checked out.

This is really good news.  However, I am not a doctor and you might ask one in doctor forum.  YEA!
Helpful - 0
Hello.  I am 33 years and dx with BC last summer.  You might also post in doctor forum if you want another medical opp.

I am glad that you did the right thing by going to the doctors and having all the right tests.  I would suggest that if your lump is something they find b9 but they want to watch.  See if you can remove it.  I had one they tested like yours and it was b9.  I called a few days later and asked them to just take it out.  They did it in the office - it was cancer.  I am not tell this to scare you - but just protect yourself.

What you are saying is scary and could be bad.  But if you read and look at research cancer is still more rare.  Each case it different.  I will pray you do not have cancer.  Some of the things you are saying might fall in the BC signs, but this does not mean that they are.  Just relax.  Don't worry about it until you know what it is.  Then you can take each test and research what it is.  You shouldn't worry yourself with what it can be until you know what it is.

Cysts are good.  Lumps can be many things - cancer being only a small portion. All can be removed just to ease your mind!!!!!!!!!  I will check back each day if you want to talk more.  Take care.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.