Aa
A
A
Close

Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Forum

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

1 - 20 (of 188) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Dear Doctor, I’m a 40 year old male, very active and in good health except for following issues. I had some neck accidents doing sports (snowboarding, kitesurfing) and for a few weeks am having moderate pain on my right arm and shoulde...
  Posted
My boyfriend injured himself in June 2007 causing him to have a herniated disc with a crack on it. In order to do away with the pain, he had surgery on Sept. 30, 2009, an infusion at L4 and L5. According to the doctor, the surgery went ...
  Posted
Since my surgery I have been experiencing numbness from the hips down on both sides with it more extensive on the left side. Prior to my surgery I had sciatic pain on the right side which went down the leg and numbness in my right foot...
  Posted
I am trying to determine if my MRI findings indicate possible paralysis if I do not have surgery. Currently I am managing pain with Oxycodone 10 325, am daily doing physical therapy, and try to fit in exercise in the pool at least twice...
  Posted
CASE HISTORY P V SOMAYJULU Age 69 Had IHD in the year 1977 (T wave inversion in V1 to V6) No complications since then Had mild Hypertension in the year 1980 (under control) Had prediabetes in the year 2010...
  Posted
1713690 tn?1308581265
Dear Dr. I have been told by my orthopedic surgeon that I need a spinal fusion. The surgery will not re align the discs, only fuse them in place where they are, he will also do a decompression of the nerves. I do have pain from day to ...
  Posted
Hi Dr, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this qns. But in the free section i can't get any luck on a response so i decided to try my luck here instead. First on my background, I started this job early jan this ye...
  Posted
Greetings 2 weeks ago I underwent a lumbar discectomy operation (L4/L5) to fix a rather large disc bulge (spinal canal diameter was 2-3 mm) causing central spinal stenosis. Before the operation I had difficulty walking, pain running dow...
  Posted
I have had back pain for years. Recent MRI 1. Severe spinal stenosis at L3-4 secondary to a broad based posterior disk bulge and advanced degenerative facet arthropathy and hypertrophic changes at the right L3-4 facet joint. 2. Advanced...
  Posted
I have had a cascade of problems starting almost 4 years ago. I have numbness in both feet ( peripheral neuropathy, idiopathic I am told ) horrible feet and legs spasms, and chronic leg pain. I have also been diagnosed with erythromel...
  Posted
My boyfriend is a 34 year old healthy and active general contractor. About 2 months ago he had a concrete laying job that required lots of bending and stretching as well as long durations on his knees. One morning he awoke with severe ...
  Posted
Had 2nd discectomy Dec. 2010 and am having new numbness in r buttocks, r shin along with pain. Am unable to sit and am only having relief when lying on stomach. Have had 2 MRI w and w/o contrast since surgery. Both showed a CSF collec...
  Posted
MRI results:Cervical: c4 c5 There is central posterior directed disc-osteophyte complex which extends 5 mm posteriorly. This effaces the thecal sac and contacts the cord. There is no significant mass effect on the cord. There is mild lef...
  Posted
It was discovered that my wife has a spinal compression at L4 and L5 that was causing bladder issues so emgerency surgery was don by a Neurosurgeon not a Orthopedic Surgeon. At the time of the surgery Feb 2010) it was also noted that sh...
  Posted
May 2000: stopped work .. severe left-side sciatica. medications/treatments -Tylenol #3 Robaxisal Celebrex Vioxx -acupuncture -MRI #1:. degenerative annular bulging at L4-L5/L5-S1, some herniation at L4-L5, narrowing of cent...
  Posted
44 yoa healthy male less my chronic, lumbar pain, 24/7, constant throbbing/aching w/a steady 6/7 & up pain level. Years of back pain, gradual. 1st Discography is negative. A 2007&09 MRI reveal L4-5 & L5-S1 DDD/herniations. All Ortho'...
  Posted
Pain started 23 years ago.One day just started hurting. Had the pain on and off for 13 years. Tried doctors, physio's - nothing worked. The pain would go away for a year, then come back. The last time I'd seen a GP, he just gave me some ...
  Posted
Hello, I'm trying to find some help for my 66 year old father whose health is degrading rapidly. Here are his issues that I was able to collect. He is very tired and seems to be ready to give up. Any guidance would be appreciated. ...
  Posted
my son was injured playing football two years ago, he is now 17. Been unable to continue with most high school sports, we have been to orthopedics and chiropractors. Orthopedics had us do therapy, tried back injections, none of which h...
  Posted
1548125 tn?1293969661
I am 39 years old and in August 2010 had a synovial cyst removed L5/S1, laminectomy. I was pain free for only one month. Since Oct. I have had pain in my left thigh but recently it has gone into my left hip and groin as well. The pain is...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank