Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Forum

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

21 - 40 (of 188) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I had my back fused from C1 to T4, a few years ago. I do regular exercises, but can feel my back is getting worse. I heard about this new method, Egoscue, and was wondering if it might help or do more damage. I've had Ra since early 20'...
  Posted
had 2 recent thoracic CT's (10/29 & 12/2/10) and hope you can put in layman's terms. The CT was repeated because the 1st was not helpful at all to the doc. 2nd was much more complete, but still can't follow doctor on phone as to results ...
  Posted
Hi. I'd like to benchmark...Seeing my neurologist next week but happened to get my MRI report today....As with all people that post here, my neck hurts - stiff, radiating pain and generally uncomfortable. Here is the "impression" porti...
  Posted
Hello. I am 25 yrs old, female. I have a very active sporting history, and played squash for several years at competitive level. 18 months ago I started to experience some pain in my right hip. Having an Xray of the hip & pelvis revea...
  Posted
Hello. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 2 months ago I had a L5/S1 Laminectomy/Discectomy and 1 month ago I developed a sudden, severe and debilitating headache. I never really had a headache of any significance until this point ...
  Posted
I recently was placed on Levaquin and the back of my right upper leg due to a bad tear above the lower foot that is slow healing. I have total knee replcements on both legs. The left knee is now starting to feel an aching feeling. I had ...
  Posted
I have a spinal cord injury on the right side of my neck, and as a result, my left arm and leg have become somewhat paralyzed. Walking now is a little bit complicated because I sometimes lose my balance when stepping forward. My C1 and C...
  Posted
I was in an auto accident and was left with two lower back herniated discs. Specifically, L4-5 left paracentral and left neural foranimal 3-4mm broad based disc protrusion with moderate lateral recess and proximal left neural foranimal n...
  Posted
1187318 tn?1266388082
Hello. My name is Kate. I am 26 years old with a recent history of Ovarian Cancer, Stage IIC. I just finished up chemo in April. About 2 weeks ago, I woke up with severe lower back pain shooting down my leg/foot. After about 4 days,...
  Posted
My hubby, (56 y/o), with low back pain 5+ yrs accompanied the last 8 mo by leg numbness, weakness, stumbling. Conservative treatment-2 years. 5/8 MRI findings: Diminished hydration signal of disc material at all levels indicates disc des...
  Posted
TCN
I wrote prior about my L1 burst fracture, and the replacement of T12 thru L1 with a titanium cage. I still after 3 yrs have no feeling in my lower left abdominal side. My right leg still shakes, and I am in chronic pain. I do teach li...
  Posted
Please explane what this means. I am still in a lot of pain. I seemed to recover nicely until mid april and the pain came back as it was prior to surgery. I had a laminectomy c5-6 in 2001 in 2010 the did c3-c6. prior to 2010 surg...
  Posted
L4/5-there is desiccation of the disk and some minimal loss of disk height. There is mild broad-based disk bulging and mild bilateral recess narrowing. Early degenerative disk changes w/out impingement or significant stenosis. There is d...
  Posted
TCN
Thank you for answering my question. I am a 42yr. female. I burst my a L1 vertabrae, which required rods, and a cage for the bone graft. I have become accustomed to the chronic pain that has resulted, but this morning I noticed a lump...
  Posted
Do most or many back problems result in a difference of leg length? Is this common, very rare or not at all? For example, would a herniated disc make one leg a little longer than another as a side effect of the disc issue? I
  Posted
Hi, am having third surgery (discectomy) on my Lumber L4 L5. I have numbness in my right foot and leg up to calf. The neurosurgeon has said that I will have to live with this now, and am getting nowhere with answers. He said that he...
  Posted
I had partial sacrum removal for tumor removal. had fluid buildup. now have hard feeling in whole buttocks area when I move. Feels like hard things there only when I move or sit (which I can't sit much as it hurts still). Worried the ...
  Posted
My husband has had sciatica problems for quite a few years now. He has had the epidurals, physical therapy, decompression, a laminectomy and finally the implant. He still suffers with tingling down his leg and on some occasions searing...
  Posted
1269714 tn?1274224588
Just received mri results...have not had consultation with doctor yet.... The impression is this... 1. scoliosis of the lumbar spine with a convexity to the right. 2. Loss of lumbar lordisis. 3. Mild retrolisthesis of L5 ove...
  Posted
1199858 tn?1265663983
My son was born 6 weeks premature and had bruising on his chest after delivery. The NICU Drs did a chest xray and since he was so tiny the xray showed his spine as well. The xray indicated a 45 degree curve at the bottom of his spine L...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now