Aa
A
A
Close

Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Forum

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

161 - 180 (of 188) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
How can I tell if I have a pinched nerve or not? I’ve seen my doctor who says that it is rare to have a pinched nerve in the spot that I have although there are nerves there. On my right side back, right behind my armpit, up by my sh...
  Posted
537381 tn?1213637304
1. No acute intracranial abnormalities. Specifically, there is no intracranial mass lesion or hemorrhage. 2. Small focus of low signal in the right temporoparletal white matter is most consistent with a small vessel. I cannot complete...
  Posted
531667 tn?1215615930
I am a 22 yr old female and I have been experiencing chronic neck and back pain for the past 4 years after a car accident. My muscles are in a constant spasm and I am in pain daily. I have tried every method of pain management, chiroprac...
  Posted
After a cervical myelogram, the report says "at C3-4 Left axillary sleeve amputation in the left neural foramen and left lateral recess, C4-5 interspace Left axillary sleeve amputation, C6-7 Central and Rt disc herniation" I will not se...
  Posted
I had an rta 18 months ago. Multiple injuries, none treated! 2 fractures to the spine(now have scoliosis due to that) rotator cuff tear, cervical disc ruptures, lumbar discs ruptured. Serious pain and now muscle wastage in the left arm d...
  Posted
529142 tn?1214355859
Dear Dr. Charles, in 2001 I was dignosed with a soft tissue mass at the brain stem/spinal cord, loose bones at c1c2 after surgery on at the back of neck and one through right side under ear, I was left in severe pain to the right side of...
  Posted
Hi, In Feb 2005 when I was 16 I was in a car accident x-rays showed a pars defect. I was in a back brace until August 05 when I had a repair with instrumentation done at the L5 level. That failed with no bone growth, and I had a lot of...
  Posted
I have had 2 discetomies on my L3-L4 L4-L5 L5 S1 and then a fusion I was told that I have degeneratiave joint or disc deisease and that my spine was collapsing on itself and this should help I recently started hurting again in this area....
  Posted
Dr., I had a anterior C5-6 disectomy with fusion 2 years ago and all went well until about 2 months ago and i began to have neck and shoulder pain again when i sleep i wake up and my hands are asleep. Had MRI and this is the results. ...
  Posted
My husband's orthopedic doctor says his back looks like a train wreck and he is definitely not a candidate for surgery. We are trying exercise and regular OTC low doses of Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen. He does have to watch his blood pr...
  Posted
My husband has had 3 spinal fusions from L-4 to S-1. He currently has a crack in L-3. He's also had cervical laminectomy, shoulder reconstruction, 8 knee surgeries, and a kidney removed. About 3 years he began suffering from muscle cra...
  Posted
493068 tn?1224768915
My MRI shows disc/spur complexes result in central canal stenosis at C4-5 and C5-6. Left sided foraminal stenosis is also seen Osteophytes appear to encroach on the left sided neural formina and degenerative disc desiccation and disc spa...
  Posted
23 year old male with fibrous dysplasia. Have not had any new growths or enlargements in 5+ years and have had positive bony changes evident on plain x-rays and ct scans. My question is, can anything be done to correct the bony and soft ...
  Posted
10947 tn?1281407852
Hi, We're pleased to announce the opening of a new Ask-a-Doctor Orthopedic Surgery forum where you can receive a personal answer from Dr. Charles Rosen, MD from the Univ. of CA, Irvine, School of Medicine The new Orthopedic Surgery...
  Posted
I just got the result of my right (dominant) wrist arthro-MRI, stating that I've got partial tears in 3 ligaments : luno-triquetral, scapho-lunar and TFCC. Since I have EDS type III (well, still trying to get the official diagnosis, ...
  Posted
506621 tn?1214353825
Quick review of my symptoms (started about 8 weeks ago) - left sided chest pain - left arm and leg weakness, numbness and tingling - dizziness, fatigue and episodes of blacking out on neck extension - tongue and lip numbness. I...
  Posted
This is a copy of 2 posts of mine from another forum... I am a 32 yr. old male in good shape. Injured my knee a week ago playing racquetball during a squatting motion. I just got my mri results, but I don't know what they mean, and...
  Posted
8/31/05 I reinjuried my back and had rotator cuff surgery last year. I have been getting on-going medication management for my back. The pain is chronic now causing pain in my right hip and pain radiates to my right leg. The lower lu...
  Posted
I first started having low back pain after the birth of my first daughter in 93. At that time I was placed in the hospital and on a pain pump and consulted with 2 diff neuros I think because of my lack of insurance at that time they sen...
  Posted
About three months ago, I managed to injure my very lower left back, almost as low as where my waist begins, kind of right on top of this circular feeling bone. Not even sure how I did it, but may have resulted from bad sleeping p...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now