Aa
A
A
Close

Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

1 - 20 (of 242) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1041243 tn?1375234120
I'm having the sleeve done in 6-8 weeks. I'm very excited! Any tips, wise words the doctor may have missed, success stories, etc?
  Posted
Ok, I have gastric bypass aka roux en y done on 12/22/15, I am doing pretty well. Healed nicely, scars looking good, and down almost 30 lbs since surgery. I am supposed to get in 65-80g of protein in per day, I have issues with this. ...
  Posted
I had the rouy n y (i know that's not how you spell it) I had it done 2011 I was 240 the day of surgery and I'm down to about 130ish! One thing I get constantly is kidney stones @nybody else?
  Posted
Has anyone suffering from weight gain as a result of medications for mental illness had lap band surgery? Our son has gained over one hundred pounds as a side effect of medications for schizoaffective disorder. He is considering a lap ...
  Posted
Hi, My uncle has obesity problem, he weighs 215 kg's approximately, He wants to have a Gastric Bypass Surgery or any other what doctors suggest "he is not on any exercises". So is it possible for him at this level to have this surgery? o...
  Posted
My doctor just sent a referral for me to have weight loss surgery. I know you need to be quit smoking before surgery and they will test me. I have since quit. How long do I have to be quit smoking for the test to show negative?
  Posted
I had the gastric bypass 6 years ago, and I have went from 285 lbs to a low of 155 lbs. Right now I'm at 170. I had to have my gall bladder removed, then I was ok for a few years. Now I have a vit D problem it was only 11. I was really s...
  Posted
In 1989,I was almost 300lbs & had a gastric bypass.For the past 2yrs.,I've had lab results with extremely low Vit. D,Vit. B12 & elevated liver enzymes. I have severe bloating & back pain after eating,severe joint pain as well as Osteopor...
  Posted
I had my Roux en y gastric bypass surgery in 1999. I've been having medical problems ever since some serious some not. Has anyone had or is having absorption and malabsobsion problems with medications. If so please let me know. I've been...
  Posted
I have SEVERE SEVERE SEVERE dumping syndrome AND late dumping syndrome. I'm malnourished which has led to being only 105 pounds, blind in one eye and have constant migraines and fatigue. I can eat only strict protein. No carbs at all. I ...
  Posted
760893 tn?1278185328
Has anyone had their lap band removed? I am thinking about doing that because after having my band for 3 years I have gained my weight back and it is painful at times. I really think that this is not for me. As for those of you thinki...
  Posted
I am thinking really hard on doing weight loss surgery. I would really benifit from it for several reasons. I am 32 years old and I am borderline diabitic and I have high blood pressure. It is all because of my weight. I keep trying to d...
  Posted
I live in the central florida area and have gone to several doctors who recommend the surgery but also want $17000. They say if I don't get it I will die. I just recently was awarded ss disability but the medicare will not start until ...
  Posted
Summary: History: RNY Gastric bypass and gallbladder removed over 5 years ago. Iron deficiency is common as well as D in the past couple years. Ever since one year after gastric bypass I have felt extremely burpy and bloated at times la...
  Posted
I've been through this gastric bypass surgery and was able to reduce my weight upto 40 Kilo and I am very happy for that . But after that I've always been very lethargic and weak unable to do any workouts after the surgery for even hal...
  Posted
Good day wonderful ppl Me and boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant since we lost our baby after 5 weeks of conceiving last year October. Lately funny things are going on with my body like last month i had my period for two d...
  Posted
Me and my fiancé have been trying to get pregnant for 10 months and still nothing. I have a irregular period but I still ovulate and we don't use condoms. We do everything from laying with my legs elevated to him staying inside me for a ...
  Posted
I had gasric bypass jn 2010 I went from 360 or 350 to 200 pounds. I went up to 260 now im at 231 currently. My anxiety about losing weight is high. So high I have panic attacks when I try to work out or eat anything. Im seeing a counsel...
  Posted
I am a 24 year old female who has been big all my life.I diet and exercise and nothing works. I can't afford insurance and really need some help. Does anyone know any doctor who will do lap band probono??
  Posted
I had gastric bypass surgery in 2005.Ever since my surgery I suffer from a lot of stomache pains along with ulcers.I have been put in I.C.U twice for bleeding ulcers I think was due to my bypass.:(Now I have to take medication for the re...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community Resources