Aa
A
A
Close

Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

41 - 60 (of 241) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My husband had Bariatric surgery in mid March. Then the last day of April was involved in a minor car collision, where he was hit in the drivers door by another vehicle backing up. He had back pain that night, saw his primary doctor the ...
jleecho | Last answer
I had the surgery done in Aug 1994 - I went from 285 to 180(went as low as 165, but that was underweight so I gained some). I have serious GERD now. I am unable to eat many foods, it's extremely difficult for me to eat out with peopl...
LeftCoastChick | Last answer
7429086_tn?1390773369
Hi, I think you're all brave, dedicated and motivated people. I am not overweight or obese, so for me, lap band would be elective and entirely based on choice (maybe it is for all). I simply don't want to gain during, before, or after ...
anapurna | Last answer
Any suggestions to get back on track. Had surgery 8 years ago and did well for couple years but have gained 75 pounds back. Any advise. Thank you
als13 | Last answer
I had bariatric surgery three years ago called gastric sleeve. The only problem I have is butt cheek aches. I can't sit too long or lay on my back too long or I will ache. I was 176 and now 114. I'm told by others to use a donut but can...
Kandis45 | Last answer
Hi Guys, here is an interesting and informational article... Weight Loss Surgery may keep diabetes and heart woes at bay for long periods of time -- and might even reverse some disease complications, new research suggests. Researchers ...
JCUrrea | Last answer
Decided to get this done. But they insist on a blood test the day of the surgery for smoking. I am trying to quit but my New wife is a smoker and it's to darn cold here to ask her to go outside. They asked for 3 months of not smoking....
Kailish | Last answer
I am obese at BMI 42, obs sleep apnea, non compliance of CPAP. Center obesity is main factor. Critical low on growth hormones-age 55. Suggest best and successful bariatric surgery without more side effects. Should I go for LAP MINI GAST...
KKCAL | Last answer
I have had my lapband since 2005.i lost 40lbs and then started throwing up everything. They to everything out of the port but didn't remove the band.i am now having bad reflux my chest constantly hurts and my stomach always feels sour. I...
bigtae35 | Last answer
I sometimes get a pain in my chest, it goes away, but I am concerned about heart attacks. I am a female 70 yrs old
zebra6 | Last answer
This past week i got really sick and was in the hospital i was havein bad pains n my chest and couldn't eat or drink anyways the dr told me it was acid reflux and sent me on my way :-/ but i knew somthing wasn't right i went back n a few...
katelinwilliams | Last answer
I keep reading about complications regardiong the fills , post op, getting back to eating foods. Is it really that terrible? Would you do it again? I go to my first meeting tomorrow.
floridareader | Last answer
Three months after having gastric bypass surgery, our daughter developed chronic lower left abdominal pain. In the past 3 years, she has had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, gallbladder tests, a diagnostic laparoscopy, x-rays, CT scan...you n...
seacrest | Last answer
please answer my poll. it takes a few seconds.
aeargila2013 | Posted
Would you have gone through your bariatric surgery risking the complications and all the pain if you knew about how easy it is to lose a massive amount of weight safely with drug therapy with metabolic medicine? I had bariatric surgery t...
aeargila2013 | Posted
Capsiplex Plus is a safe fat burner or any side effect with this.
salman81 | Last answer
I had my lap band removed on June 30, 2010 and am so relieved that I had this done. Has anyone else done this and how long is the recovery? I am not going to have the band reinserted at a later date. Thanks for any answers.
mered | Last answer
524020_tn?1223164605
Hello, I have started the procedures for weight loss surgery. I have not yet decided on the procedure I would like (roux en-y gastric bypass, or lap band) I was wondering if there was any advice that any of you could give me about the la...
WhatIsNormal | Last answer
Walking pass a mirror not knowing That she is the image gazing back at thee... Stares from strangers burn like torches to her skin Smiling eyes feast upon her prescence seeking to Know her secrets and dance within her esscence. Yo...
SamanthaMD04 | Posted
2015036_tn?1333001388
I'm disabled with advancing MS; and I'm also scheduled for gastric bypass next week. Are there any precautions I should take, in order to be able to take care of myself after surgery? I currently wear a full leg brace, and use a walker...
maxthecat43 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community Resources