Aa
A
A
Close

Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

61 - 80 (of 241) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I've been looking into surgery for a long time. my current Dr (new to me btw) says I medically don't need it based on my lab results. I have narcolepsy,fibromyalgia, recurring lyme disease, and asthma. I'm very active. I walk almost dail...
jholla | Last answer
So today I saw a bariatric surgeon and discussed having the VSG, I had already done all my research and was all set to sign the paperwork and get things started until he told me he had a patient that went blind. I have a history of Psue...
roxmary | Last answer
I have had my lap band since 2009 and have lost 75 lbs. This has been a very slow process for me as I thought the band would be a miracle and I would not have to do much to help in my weight loss journey. Boy was I wrong. I suffer wit...
mamamayo | Last answer
463897_tn?1448485050
Mind-body medicine explores the influence of your mind and emotions on your body and immune system, and vice versa. Click Here: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Mind-Body-Health-/show/1626 We look forward to seeing you soon! Best...
MH Community Mgr | Posted
751397_tn?1367441148
I have been having a problem with eating too much for my band and having to regurgitate in order to breathe comfortably again. While I am still eating less than I did pre-Lap-Band, it is still too much for my pouch. I have just been cur...
mdh111688 | Last answer
I'm 5'3 and weighed in last week at 160 lbs. I'm seriously thinking of getting the B-12 & Lipo injections and wondering about the B-6. I welcome any feedback I can get on this concerning this. Thank you.
MissC59 | Last answer
Currently I am 370lbs and have a list of medical problems most skeletal bone fusion and bone spurs in the neck, and now high blood pressure. I use to be in the army physical fit and then an injury now ten years later I can't run or walk ...
mdstabler | Last answer
I'm a little over 4 years post-gastric bypass, and we just found out I'm pregnant! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good, easy to absorb, prenatal vitamin?
missrobinjo | Posted
i am in the final stages before getting the lapband done and was wondering , i know when i lose thw weight there will be excess skin, what is the best way not to have excess skin. its hard for mr to really excercise since i have fibromya...
twright872 | Last answer
This is to help chronic stomach pain sufferers I had Gastric bypass rRNY IN SEPT 1997, I have experienced on an off stabbing stomach pains ever since. The one thing that does work is 1 TBSP RAW APPLECIDER vinegar( must be raw and not p...
Mlpick29 | Last answer
Here we are talking about subcutaneous (as opposed to visceral) fat, mainly I would like a professional opinion about these questions: -does the number of subcutaneous fat cells increases over time and in which circumstances? -do the c...
gorilla86 | Posted
Hey ladies tell me if I am considered overweight my height is 5'9" and my prepregnancy weight is 165lbs. What's my BMI?
ItsAmberDawn | Last answer
Is gastric bypass or lap band surgery recommended for someone with Crohn's disease?
pathnc | Last answer
Hello all, *i apologize in advance for the post being so long, but I wanted to give all the details so that anyone responding to it will have the info they need in order to give me the best possible answers. I had the gastric bypass...
Chanakosusa | Posted
Almost one year sense my sleeve surgery and feeling good, lifting weights again but wondering about the shin thats is hanging around. What would be a realistic idea for its removal
jobe581 | Last answer
My husband had severe pain around his kidney area 7 months ago, and blood in his urine. He had blood tests, an xray and a scan and was told there was no infection or any abnormalities found. He was diagnosed antibiotics and eventually th...
millie17 | Posted
2015036_tn?1333001388
I have a neurological disease that limits my mobility. I have tried to diet, but my success is always temporary. My doctors want me to have weight loss surgery. Gastric bypass is there preferred method for me. I don't think I have an...
maxthecat43 | Last answer
Hello all, I posted a ? About a week ago asking what was the best choice of birth control to use after having the gastric bypass surgery, but got no response. Well I'm due for my period now and haven't gotten it as yet. I've been having...
Chanakosusa | Last answer
Hi I have had the lap band in for 2 years now. I have been offered a job in the hospital, however I am concerned about the nora virus that so many staff and patients are coming down with. Is the band likely to slip if i pick up this bug?...
kerry1993 | Posted
4554633_tn?1356409929
I had a lap band done in October of 2007. 18 months later, it slipped and had to be removed. True to what doctors say, ALL my weight (plus some) has come back. I have tried and tried to diet and exercise the weight back off and NOTHI...
2ndtimebander911 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...