Aa
A
A
Close

Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

81 - 100 (of 241) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1907180_tn?1329454377
11 years ago I had an open gastric bypass Roux-en-y. I had 150cm of intestine bypassed. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. The doctor wants me to do a glucose tolerance test, and I have told them over and over aski I can't do that tes...
cutter1974 | Last answer
A year ago I had the bypass surgery. I have lost 86lbs thus far and I am very happy with my results. However, I need to know what is the best choice of birth control to use after the gastric bypass surgery? I already had a slip up and en...
Chanakosusa | Last answer
Is it safe to have a hydrocolonic if you have gastric bypass surgery?
Chanakosusa | Posted
I had a lap band 5 years ago and i seem to be having trouble getting pregnant i have lost over 220 pounds they said i should have no problems but i do anybody having the same issue?
jlangel | Last answer
I have decided to have Lap band surgery soon. i have read and heard a lot of things about the benefits of Lap band surgery. but one thing i want to know that. Is this for life time? if i removed my Lap band after 1 or 2 years then what...
maria420 | Last answer
I feel like I don't move like I used to, I get worn out easily. My family says I don't look "fat" or unhealthy. I'm 6ft tall and currently weigh 265lbs. Would I even be considered for weight loss surgery?,
worriedmomma71011 | Last answer
I have had the lap band for a year and a half. I have lost over 200 lbs. I am thrilled with the results. Now I have a problem. Frequently, I will bolt awake, choking and gasping for air, mouth full of bile that has gone down the wrong pi...
stef460 | Last answer
I am 19 and 5 ft 4. I weigh 162 but im a lil big boned and carry my weight in all the right places and I honestly dont look fat. I wear a 10 in clothes. Sometimes 12 in a skirt. Am I considered fat?
sheckellmommy | Last answer
My husband had his lapband removed yesterday. Unfortunately, he was one of the 2% who developed complications, it eroded into his stomach and caused an infection that migrated to his port. The doctor is recommending that he follow the...
Becky1G | Posted
March 8th 2012 i had my gastric procedure! I was 333 lbs. I have as of today lost 143 lbs. Now i am aware that i am only at the sixth month point but i have chosen this as a lifetime change! I went into this with the suport of my family ...
jaemomma | Last answer
1958640_tn?1343226099
Can someone share program on weight loss?
nikemata | Last answer
Having my surgery done Monday alittle nervous . Was anybody nervous when they had their surgery done?
joedumic | Last answer
3151332_tn?1343287868
Hello everyone! I am just starting the process towards having bariatric surgery. The timing is turning out to be good and bad for me. The good part is that both of my boys will be in school this year and I will have the time to focus ...
MamaTillson | Last answer
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm wondering if anyone has gained a lot of weight during pregnancy? I had the gastric bypass over 3 years ago & lost about 150lbs. I put on 60 & have only lost 20 in 5 weeks ...
babybonita | Posted
1346046_tn?1297159680
Hi, I am scheduled to have gastric bypass surgery. I cannot afford lap band. But I just researched different surgeries and there is the gbs, the sleeve, and the DS. Now, which one do you pick? Did anyone research which surgery is...
maggs809 | Last answer
3209435_tn?1345646840
For insurance purposes, I have my psychiatric evaluation, nutrition class, WLS seminar, blood labs and first visit to my surgeon. I have chosen the gastric sleeve surgery and very pleased with my decision. I have two more physician vis...
WonderfulLife | Posted
Hello. My husband is being worked up for bariatric surgery. He is also an epileptic. Anyone out there who has had a roux n y bypass and still takes seizure meds? Are seizure meds still effective after surgery? Thanks for the input!
Tammi5252 | Last answer
I am a diabetic and my chest is hurting and my left side is tingling can any body tell me what might be happening
fatpat063 | Posted
3148196_tn?1343648348
I am scheduled to meet surgeon next week for evaluation on bariatric surgery. I have a couple of small venous stasis ulcers. Do you think that will cancel surgery or is there a chance they would go ahead and operate? I really want this s...
Kathy5701 | Posted
I have been speaking with my doctor for a few months. I have stormed several message boards, most of the information is relatively useless for me, because most of the information is of people who had the lap-band surgery nearly 10 years ...
CrissyK | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...