Aa
A
A
Close

Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

101 - 120 (of 241) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi... i had gastric by pass about a mnth back... Have lost about 6 kg in 15 days. Need to know what is the ideal weight one loses in this kind of surgery.
  Posted
Hi everyone. I am a female 28 years old and have gained a lot of weight since my drs turned me from hyperthyroid to hypo using radioactive iodine. I currently weigh 247 and am approx 5'6. i have been stuggling with my weight ever since....
  Posted
463897 tn?1448485050
Dr. Vera Ingrid Tarman, MD will be answering one question a day in our new Food Addiction Expert Forum. Food Addiction Expert Forum: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Food-Addiction-/show/1375 Vera Ingrid Tarman, MD http://www.medhe...
  Posted
1245064 tn?1268579655
I had my surgery over 2 years ago - it has been an overall prositive thing for me. I am dealing with the whole reflux thing now - reading a lot of past blogs I am finding this to be a more common side effect than they report. I do feel...
  Posted
i HAVE 2 FRIENDS WHO HAVE UNDER GOINE THIS SURGERY LAP BAND A YEAR LATER BOTH HAVE GAINED THE WEIGHT BACK..
  Posted
I've just been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and working on treatment. A little while ago, my doctor asked me to consider lap bad surgery to control how much food I eat in order to help my liver out. My family and...
  Posted
2042876 tn?1329997473
I have heard of this surgery before. Like on television. But how much does it actually cost?
  Posted
My doctor asked us to consider gastric banding surgery as one of my weight loss options to help with my liver problems. I've been on a diet plan given to me by my doctor that's supposed to be pre-surgical. She said it's a diet simila...
  Posted
Is complication quite common in Gastric band surgery for a woman of 30 years old, obese with type 2 diabetes? Is it done by key hole ? Someone, who is addicted to carbohydrate and fails dieting with diabetes type 2, is she a right...
  Posted
I had the surgery back in mid November 2009. Since that date with some complications I have lost 70 pounds. I was in hopes to have lost more by now but am still happy with the results. I have 40 more pounds to go and I have hit a wall. I...
  Posted
I had my lapband surgery in June of 09. I have done great. I lost 105 pounds. But I had a fill two weeks ago and am having awful acid reflux. Does anyone know if this goes away or do I need some fluid removed.
  Posted
I am fed up of my overweight. I was suggested to get operated. Is this hospital good for me. I am giving the link of this hospital. http://www.*************************.com/
  Posted
I had lapband surgery almost 2 yrs ago and I haven't been to have a fill in nearly 1yr. I don't want to travel 40 miles anymore and I would like to find someone else to do the fills for me. I have called a couple of dr. offices that do ...
  Posted
1717792 tn?1308985195
I am set to have this surgery...little nervous. has anyone had one and cal tell me how long I might be our of work for?
  Posted
I am a 69 year old WM 300 lb 5'11" who had LapBand in 2010 paid by MediCare and private insurance. PreOp I had eaten 1-2 meals daily with no snacks but seldom had feeling of being "full". PostOp I had many adjustment injections of the ...
  Posted
i have had my lap band removed and i think its still there how would i know if they did not take the band out ??? and what should i do if they have not removed ????
  Posted
Hello all. I have had my lapband for approximately 5 years. I am down 65 pounds from my pre-band weight. Three years ago it slipped and had to have surgery to repair. Now, can't eat or sleep (due to chronic coughing and acid reflux)....
  Posted
My wife had Lap Band Surgery 4 days ago..For the past 3 days she has been passing gas and of course lquid..Sometimes she sits on the toilet for up to 20 minutes just passing the gas and liquid..I can't believe this is normal after surger...
  Posted
I am not saying that it doesn't help people lose weight, but for me it has been four years of vomiting, embarrassment, and pain. I can't even eat one small bite of banana with out feeling like my airsupply is being choked and then gettin...
  Posted
I have been leaning toward the lap band surgery. How much weight have you lost. I have been reading online about what to expect with the different surgeries and am having trouble making a choice. Thank you
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community Resources