Aa
A
A
Close

Bipolar Disorder Community

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

61 - 80 (of 7647) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
As a kid, i have a really short temper i keep to myself. I realize i'm hurting everyone around me once i let my beast out. By beast i mean a rage burst, it ticks by something related to my mistakes or something people told me that hurts ...
  Posted
1257808 tn?1322765815
My Psychiatrist suggest ECT for me. I'm hesitating. I'm not respond well to meds. My depression is kindly resistant. I tried many different meds and formula. So, choices become more narrow.
  Posted
605458 tn?1265086851
Do you get unwanted, disturbing, intrusive thoughts that don't stop during manic or mixed episodes? Stuff you can't talk to anyone about? And you are just trying to go about your business, but there they are...and sometimes, you think it...
  Posted
202665 tn?1248810333
Please understan that I am not trying to use BP as an excuse, but for anyone that has been affected by this side of BP, I'd really like to hear your thoughts. I've had a history of sexual promiscuity over the past 20 years - either emot...
  Posted
I am unable to go lower then .5mg Klonopins without suffering severe withdrawal: Extreme light headed/dizzines, nervousness, loss of balance and what I read as "Depersonalization" meaning for me, a disturbing sense of "rising" out of my ...
  Posted
Hey, do any of you suffer from extreme sensitivity to sound? I cannot handle it. Phones ringing, any sound while I'm trying to concentrate, dogs, screaming children, traffic, etc etc. I seem to be much more sensitive than most people...
  Posted
329165 tn?1443506417
I have complex PTSD and Bipolar Disorder 1. I was diagnosed in September 2013 during a manic attack and started medication regime: Lithium (225+450) and 300mg Seroqual. Now, 2 years + later, my Thyroid is under active due to Lithium a...
  Posted
14764159 tn?1436371936
Hi, Im 23, diagnosed bipolar II. Current meds Lamotrigine 200mg and Sertraline. Im just after honest Seroquel reviews - I have been prescribed 50mg at night and Im looking for side effects people have had or how theyve dealth with...
  Posted
I have been doing this for about 5 years. I imagine things with other people that I have met and hang out with I have never told anyone and I'm scared to ask a doctor in fear that they will tell my parents. I was molested a twice by two ...
  Posted
Currently I'm on a mood stabilizer Lamictal which is helping some but not completely. My pdoc now wants to add an antipsychotic too. She claims most people are on 2 or more meds, not just 1. I already had an adverse reaction to 1 anti...
  Posted
Just want to know that there are people out there like me. They are more comfortable with animals then people. They are comfortable in their safe zone then going out in the world. And I am not crazy for feeling this way. I take anxiety ...
  Posted
Since I have been medicated for manic-depressive illness 13 years ago I have a terrible problem working, I do not,not,not want to socialize, I do not want a thing to do with people. I'd rather be at home by myself reading & writing. I ...
  Posted
Good Morning and hello!! I am new to this forum and just have a question. I was recently diagnosed Bipolar and of course a myriad of meds were prescribed. I was originally on Paxil then my Pschy took me off of it and put me on Abilify...
  Posted
My 3 year old daughter is due to switch from Risperdol to Abilify this week (has autism and possible schizophrenia or bipolar with hallucinations) and I am wondering what side effects you found to be most bothersome. ***Please don't co...
  Posted
1134609 tn?1269275800
So... I'm in pretty rough shape right now.. I have BP2 Disorder which manifests itself with cycling with the sun. But it's not just seasonal; it's daily. If it is overcast, I'm depressed but as soon as the sun peaks through, I start to b...
  Posted
my 7 year old s moods are up and down all of the time. She hates to hear no, and often goes into rages. she spits, swears, bites, throws things. She has sleep disturbances, (waking up angry ,yelling at me ) but can not remember this ...
  Posted
I just recently lost my cat Christmas eve after 10 years. I know I am still grieving but the loneliness is unbearable. She was my only comfort. I don't like leaving the house. My husband does what he can but I don't really thinks what it...
  Posted
6726276 tn?1421130268
I just came back from an hour in the sea. The water is hot here because of El Niño. My second fave is waterskiing. Next Jazzercise. Then Yoga. Last walking. But it is more fun with the dog. CR Seaside.
  Posted
I have recently been diagnosed as BP II and am "trying" to get off of Cymbalta. I was taking 60Mg for about 9 months, so my doc put me down to 30 mg's for 10 days. I felt fine. Then I was to stop. WOW!!!!!! I thought being pregnan...
  Posted
Hey Everyone! I have been on Seroquel for ten years now and feel that it is time to get off. I have had to go cold turkey before and hated it. I went through sweats, vomiting, diarrhea, twitches, NO SLEEP, cant eat, anxiety, fight with e...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...