Bipolar Disorder Community

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

61 - 80 (of 7592) questions
Ok. So I was given a dx of Bipolar 2 a year ago. Insite and meds have helped with my moods (although I am cycling every few weeks as ever).Leathergy and unbelievable tiredness(16hrs sleep) along with aching joints and foggy head and othe...
Beeboo | Last answer
I want to stop using Abilify because of the debilitating leg pain. I'm sorry to have to stop, because it has been the most effective antidepressant I've ever used. The first one that actually "did something." Should I stop under super...
WillPete | Last answer
Now, I'm on zyprexa 5mg then increase to 10 mg. Zyprexa instead of Syroquil. Also, monitoring my WBCs to avoid it's down again. The goal is to prevent high mood first then manage and control low mood. My mood include high, low, a...
MR_WHY | Last answer
Hello! I receive a 100 mg injection of haldol decanoate on July 27th and I've been dealing with an uncomfortable side effect for the past two months. I get this staring problem where I fixate on small details around me and I can't look a...
SmilingSun | Last answer
hi everybody. my name is steve. I am bipolar with psychotic features.(delusions, mania, hallucinations). i was put on risperdal and ativan. The doc wasnt gonna give me anymore cause i told him i was smoking pot. I was later hospitalized...
clifford817499 | Last answer
I am suffering from serious Depression. I can hardly move from my chair,I dont care to and dont have the energy anymore. I have a Bed sore from sitting up to 15 hrs + hrs a day. I can tell I am losing muscle strength ect. I am 43 with BP...
RESISTER | Last answer
Hi Everyone I need your help and experience to see if I can help a friend. Firstly, this person has had some counselling in the past and did see a psychiatrist once, about 15 years ago, who thought he was depressed at the time. He w...
Rosemary349 | Last answer
Hello, I am new to this forum but need advise on this topic desperately. I met my boyfriend three months ago and we fell in love immediately. Everything was going great. Too good, actually. He would tell me how he couldn’t live without m...
bluedaisy25 | Last answer
Are there any meds that can cause abnormal hand and finger movements that can be used for bipolar. A woman friend suffers from a hand tremor. She takes Klonopin?
artemesia2 | Last answer
I am new to this bipolar world. I've read that we should avoid caffeine but have not read *why*. And oddly enough, after 50 years of hating even the smell of coffee, thinking its taste disgusting, now it's all I want. I don't feel lik...
pjwg | Last answer
I haven't been able to find much info on this use of the drug, but my dr. Is insistent that it will help. I'm having trouble even getting to my target dose because of the odd feeling like I'm on drugs which I was told was normal at first...
Robe31245 | Last answer
does zyprexa increase dopamine?
Suzulah | Last answer
I guess this is a dumb question right? does your family understand you or what you're going through? I guess unless they're BP or have gone through what you are there's just no way of them "getting" bp. I'm just so frustrated becau...
Mom2four85 | Last answer
I live in Dana Point, California and I am having a hard time refilling prescriptions as I can not find a Medicare Psychiatrist in my area. Please help.
I have suffered from this disorder since age 12 and I am now thirty. I've spent 10s of thousands of dollars on Drs and any new meds that come out, nothing had helped and for years I self medicated with substances. Although I have not use...
Robe31245 | Last answer
I am elderly lady dx with Bipolar as well as my brother after age 60 but explains a lot that happened in my life ending in hospital 5 times over the years til a Dr got it right and I was put on Lamictil and effector and have done fairly...
ANNE880 | Last answer
I was diagnosed with Bipolar II with rapid cycling, and I am currently in a mixed episode after an antidepressant induced hypomanic episode last November after taking just one antidepressant tablet! (which is according to my psychiatrist...
char1234vass | Last answer
If you feel horny all the time and feel like your flirting a lot with out being in control and have blurred vision and feel like your eyes are burning and also having racing thoughts does that mean you might be bipolar, cause ever since ...
KingMC | Last answer
due to insurance, dr is changing me from the Seroquel XR 200 to just Seroquel 200 .. I have that it makes you really tired in the morning. I am a caregiver and need to be wide awake in the morning. If the plain Seroquel makes it makes ...
JackieEge | Last answer
I have now completely weaned myself off of Geodon, I am having terrible withdrawal symptoms such as shaking and shaky hands insomnia nausea light headed confusion, any info on it, will this go away?
Whrennah | Last answer
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources