Aa
A
A
Close

Blood Disorders Community

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

1 - 20 (of 1998) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I'm a 32 year old female. I've had petechiae on my lower legs for a week. Last night I noticed they have greatly increased in number and are spreading to my stomach and arms. I'm also just about over what I'm assuming was a head cold tha...
LJF84 | Posted
18 months ago I had a bad accident at work multiple injuries. Two of the many injuries were #1 A broken femur in two places requiring internal fixation and taking knee apart and #2 A crushed pelvis repaired one week later with plate...
Rustyman1 | Posted
My husband is on blood thinners and must stay on them but they recently found internal bleeding If he can not come off the medication how will they continue to treat the bleeding
paulette1948 | Posted
About a year ago my grandma went to the doctors and her blood count was really low and thought she was losing blood. After many test and procedures they did not find any bleeding. They did however find the beginning stages of ovarian ca...
pinball397 | Posted
What does a low IRF mean?
Ma_bear3 | Posted
My ferritin level has dropped from 20.5 to 11.6 in the last month. My rbc are also decreasing in size. Hemoglobin trending low. Aa month ago I was put on 325 MG of iron with vitamin c. Now I'm told to take it twice a day. And check blo...
Duelinacreas | Posted
where is my blood going - nothing wrong with my bowel as have had tests
jenny776 | Last answer
What do my blood test results mean? RBC is high. Result: 5.52 Normal range: 3.50-5.50 HGB is low. Result: 11.3 Normal range: 11.5-15.5 MCV is low. Result: 66.4 Normal range: 80.0-99.0 MCH is low. Result: 20.4 Normal range: 26.0-3...
KlutzyChy | Posted
RBC is high. Result: 5.52 Normal range: 3.50-5.50 HGB is low. Result: 11.3 Normal range: 11.5-15.5 MCV is low. Result: 66.4 Normal range: 80.0-99.0 MCH is low. Result: 20.4 Normal range: 26.0-35.0 MCHC is low. Result: 30.7 Normal ran...
KlutzyChy | Posted
I donated blood recently and after that figured out I was getting petechiae after blood pressure tests. So I was wondering if blood donation places test for any of the diseases/disorders that could cause petechiae (since it deals with bl...
suzymarie2015 | Posted
I was recently in the hospital for a kidney stone. The nurse ran a conplete blood count. Once i was home i looked at the paper and it seys my neutrophils are high at 75.1 and my lymphocytes are low at 18.0. Everything else was normal . t...
gaylelynn_7 | Posted
5687478_tn?1372383670
is there a certain diet for women with lupus anticoagulant? Foods to avoid or to take? One moments I'm reading to take fish oil and eat more fish than meat (eat lean if you have to) and then I am reading to stay away from fish oil and...
cmavi | Last answer
Hello! I too, have Thalassemia Minor and found out in my early teen years. I've been reading posts and can relate to SO many traits/symptoms. Obviously the fatigue, "foggy" feeling, palpitations, shortness of breath, generally tiring bef...
Energetic72 | Last comment
2189980_tn?1452583984
Yes, beta thal minor is likely not as harmless as doctors want us to believe. 2 of my children have beta thal minor too, One of them is a high school student and is working on an anonymous questionnaire to collect these symptoms. such as...
kalank | Posted
16859853_tn?1452581323
I am a doctor, and also a Beta-Thalassemia Minor career, my children have it too, As a patient myself I have come to believe that urgent research is needed by health care professionals and that this condition is not as harmless as the ...
Ken_Kal | Posted
I am 22 years old and have been diagnosed with Beta Thallassemia minor by a doctor. All my life I have felt tired, had palpitations (When I was younger), flatulence and difficulty concentrating and fuzziness. I cannot really look peop...
Bee Cham | Last answer
What causes someone's hemoglobin levels to continue to go down even after they have just recieved a blood transfusion? What could it mean? My 35yr old husband recently had surgery to have a broken rod in his left leg replaced (this wasn'...
jesshibbs | Last answer
I had blood work done before a biopsy. The only things that came back abnormal were related to my red blood cells. The red blood cell count was 5.12 (range 3.8-5.1), MCV 79.9 (range 80-100), MCH 25.5 (range 27-33), MCHC 31.9 (range 32-36...
njtopa77 | Last answer
I've had a bruise on my knee for almost 6 months now. I first got it from an airbag and it only hurts if I put pressure on the bruise. Should I be concerned that it is not going away?
emily_06 | Last answer
Hi, can anyone tell me what it might mean if your blood work shows Hemoglobin High 16.4, Hematogrit High 49.6 and also RDW-CV High 46.4. the rest shows normal and I do live at 4,144 altitude. Can not get anyone to return my call for we...
orbison | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blood Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...