Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Blood Disorders Community

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

21 - 40 (of 2006) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I was recently in the hospital for a kidney stone. The nurse ran a conplete blood count. Once i was home i looked at the paper and it seys my neutrophils are high at 75.1 and my lymphocytes are low at 18.0. Everything else was normal . t...
  Posted
5687478 tn?1372383670
is there a certain diet for women with lupus anticoagulant? Foods to avoid or to take? One moments I'm reading to take fish oil and eat more fish than meat (eat lean if you have to) and then I am reading to stay away from fish oil and...
  Posted
Hello! I too, have Thalassemia Minor and found out in my early teen years. I've been reading posts and can relate to SO many traits/symptoms. Obviously the fatigue, "foggy" feeling, palpitations, shortness of breath, generally tiring bef...
  Posted
2189980 tn?1452583984
Yes, beta thal minor is likely not as harmless as doctors want us to believe. 2 of my children have beta thal minor too, One of them is a high school student and is working on an anonymous questionnaire to collect these symptoms. such as...
  Posted
16859853 tn?1452581323
I am a doctor, and also a Beta-Thalassemia Minor career, my children have it too, As a patient myself I have come to believe that urgent research is needed by health care professionals and that this condition is not as harmless as the ...
  Posted
I am 22 years old and have been diagnosed with Beta Thallassemia minor by a doctor. All my life I have felt tired, had palpitations (When I was younger), flatulence and difficulty concentrating and fuzziness. I cannot really look peop...
  Posted
What causes someone's hemoglobin levels to continue to go down even after they have just recieved a blood transfusion? What could it mean? My 35yr old husband recently had surgery to have a broken rod in his left leg replaced (this wasn'...
  Posted
I had blood work done before a biopsy. The only things that came back abnormal were related to my red blood cells. The red blood cell count was 5.12 (range 3.8-5.1), MCV 79.9 (range 80-100), MCH 25.5 (range 27-33), MCHC 31.9 (range 32-36...
  Posted
I've had a bruise on my knee for almost 6 months now. I first got it from an airbag and it only hurts if I put pressure on the bruise. Should I be concerned that it is not going away?
  Posted
Hi, can anyone tell me what it might mean if your blood work shows Hemoglobin High 16.4, Hematogrit High 49.6 and also RDW-CV High 46.4. the rest shows normal and I do live at 4,144 altitude. Can not get anyone to return my call for we...
  Posted
Hi, can anyone tell me what it might mean if your blood work shows Hemoglobin High 16.4, Hematogrit High 49.6 and also RDW-CV High 46.4. the rest shows normal and I do live at 4,144 altitude. Can not get anyone to return my call for we...
  Posted
A couple of years ago, I had a fight with a stranger man. I broke a glass and rushed toward him. He fell off and I sat on him and with the broken glass I hit him in neck(his left side). Then I scared and let him go. I did not see him any...
  Posted
I have beta thalassemia minor (the "carrier trait"). As a result, my Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCV, MCH, and MCHC have always been a bit low, and my RDW has been a bit high. I also have had consistently low iron and saturation. Howeve...
  Posted
4962748 tn?1361634543
was diagnosed with M.E. 5 yrs ago but since then have had numerous health issues, i have high cholestrol take simvistatins, recently had endoscopy & colonoscopy as trouble with cramps and stomach and toilet was diagnosed with IB syndrome...
  Posted
Iron deficiency anemia. Been taking iron supplements for 12 weeks. Missed the past 7 doses/days and have a blood test in 2 days. Is it normal to feel worse again after only a week? I feel like I felt before I started the iron supplem...
  Posted
Pus Cells: 8-10/hpf Leucocytes (WBC Count) : 12,800 cell/cu.mm H Neutrophilis : 71% Abnormilities of RBC : Microcytic Hypochromic Haemoglobin: 10.20 Erythocytes (rbc count) : 5.75 MCV: 56.70 MCH: 17.74
  Posted
Hi, I am gonna be 24 in less than a month. I weigh 120 kg. My cholesterol reading is 194mg/dl with LDL 115 mg/dL and HDL 38mg/dL. I felt pretty weird last week with my body feeling heavy and some heartburn and breathing trouble during ni...
  Posted
16446878 tn?1448569802
my mom (55 old) took a blood test and her lymphocyte value is 36.2%. in the result paper writen that normal value is 25-35%. is it dangerous?my means cancer? other thing in hematology test are normal. she had Thyroid and used drug a...
  Posted
hi I have hypertension and diabetis controlled by medication why is my B/P high and my pulse low when I wake up in the mornings my GPas increased my ramapril to one at night as well as one in mornings but no change in lowering what shoul...
  Posted
Hi. I hope you can help me, Lately i have periods of fatigue, joint pains, bruising, etc.. I am persistant anticardiolipin positive, with a diagnosis of Antiphospolipid Syndrome. I also am a sufferer of Graves disease, having two t...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blood Disorders Community Resources