Aa
A
A
Close

Bone Marrow Transplant Forum

This forum is a place to get answers to your questions about bone marrow transplantation. It is also a place to find others who share your interest in bone marrow transplant.

1 - 20 (of 23) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello....My mom has been suffering from anaemia from a very long time.For about the last seven years(2005-12) she took B-Long,alpha-d3 and Livogen tablets everyday along with decadurabolin injection once every two months.Last year sudden...
Tom2013 | Posted
1. My sister has had a kidney/liver transplant due to polycythemia vera / budda chari syndrome. She is now in the spent stage of her polycythemia vera and needs a bone marrow transplant as she is slowly going into leukemia. She meet w...
devonmere | Posted
I was diagnosed with Behcet's syndrome in Dec. 2009 after visiting doctors of many different specialties. I was diagnosed with MDS on May11,2012 and treated with Dakogen from May - Nov. at the local hospital where I had worked in Respira...
bonnie996 | Posted
Can anyone please describe how long the process for irradiation is and what the side effects and complications of the procedure are? Thank you in advance.
omarmaniya | Posted
My brother has been informed his bone marrow showed up as being the wrong colour on an x ray? he has to have several more tests, what does this indicate? he is convinced he has a terminal disease and |I am trying to calm him
Stecat | Posted
Hi I'm a female 18 years old who had an Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplant at 17 as I was diagnosed with myelodysplascia (MDS) with monosomy 7. My sister who is 4 years older was my donor and was a 98% match and I have nearly been in remis...
Isa4eva | Posted
Okay I have a problem I lay down on my side and it hurts to breath it feels like a bubble oh something wanting to pop its a sharp pain and I feel it everytime I take little breath or a Mindoro deep breath and I get scared to breath becau...
sanantokat | Last answer
My grandson needs to have a bone laterite transplant and how to find out whether or not we have matches within the family
Kimmie_Girl13 | Last answer
I have Agammaglobulinemia and go every 6 weeks for an infusion. I have systemic lupus and in 2004 had a stem-cell transplant using my own cells after reoccuring large -b-cell lyumphomia. So, is the agammaglobulinemia caused by the ste...
koneofthree | Last answer
293157_tn?1285877039
Hi there, I found out I have granulomas in my bone marrow and was tested for ?? No answers came back, everything seems find they mentioned MGUS? any information on this would be great... it's abit worrisome for me. thanks wobbly
Wobbly | Last answer
My friend is suffering from this disease. He is taking a very expensive treatment. An injection of 2000 every week. Still he gets back ache at the endof the day. Can u please suggest anytjing permanent for him. If u want we can mail u th...
06121971 | Last answer
I want to donate bone marrow, does anyone know how i sign up?
little_miss_Lois | Last answer
622845_tn?1280178034
Hi I need a bone marrow transplant but I feel really lousy about asking my family to get tested. I've heard it is a painful procedure for donors and feel really guilty. Any suggestions will be appreciated. JG
JBG5162 | Last answer
193137_tn?1367883663
A friend of a friend was just diagnosed with leukemia, so my friend is reaching out to her network to see if people would be willing to get their bone marrow tested to see if it's a match. What would be involved in the testing process? I...
sk123 | Last answer
I'm interested in donating my bone marrow. I would like to know what I need to do? I don't know how to innitiate this type of donation. Can some one please help me. Thanks!
Snowwhite_0704 | Last answer
My father (70 yrs old) underwent a stem cell transplant the last week of December 2011, for Multiple Myeloma. About a month after coming home (mid-Feb), he started having severe back pain. He also has this feeling as if his torso/ribs ...
mlrlucy | Posted
Who would i have to contact for myself to donate for this...I would love to help people. Thanks
Byfield | Last answer
Im new in the forum<My husband 36 y/o was diagnosed with MM (fisher negative), last year, he was started on Revlimid, Velcade, and Decadron, his m spike uppon diagnosis was 7-8, after months of treatment he went to 0.8. He underwent an ...
KarolinaL | Last answer
Is it true that donors may not be older than 60 years of age?
beatrice44 | Last answer
Is the marrow infused JUST LIKE a blood transfusion or are there some differences? Needle gauge, I assume is lower, and the rate...but otherwise, is it the same?
beatrice44 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank