Aa
A
A
Close

Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Forum

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

61 - 80 (of 415) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
my name is Teresa im 18 I am currently blacking out 7 or more times a day but it always happens after sitting lying or standing in a spot for a while then moving I have horrible headaches all the time my eyes are sensitive to light but w...
  Posted
So I have had vague symptoms for a while now....blurred vision in right eye for about 5 years, more recently- memory loss, trigeminal neuralgia- like head pain, dizziness, post nasal drip, recurrent strep throat, tingling in the head, va...
  Posted
For the past week and a half I have had major back problems. I assumed it was my kidneys due to location (im a nursing student). so I began to drink more water. I have felt no relief for the pain. A few nights ago I began to throw up and...
  Posted
Went for pituitary MRI - pituitary was normal but.... MRI showed a few abnormal foci of t2 signal hyperintensity within the deep and sub cortical white matter of the frontal lobe. There may be additional tiny focus of t2 flair signal ...
  Posted
I apologize ahead of time if I post in the wrong forum. I have been expiriencing some syptoms now for a year post partum c section. I have vertigo,dizziness, fluid moving feeling in my ears & eyes. I also feel immense amount of pressure ...
  Posted
My 12 yr old daughter started complaining of headache and dizziness in mid January of this year. Her performance in school dropped significantly and she seemed to be getting worse. We assumed she had a concussion because she is a goalie ...
  Posted
Confused about the results..do I have a tumor or a lesion?....Indication: Pineal Region mass- Findings There is a 20 mm craniocaudal x 18 mm tranverse x17 mm Ap diameter avidly enhancing mass in the pineal region just posterior to the co...
  Posted
prolactin level 76. MRI found a 2x3mm tumor on the pituitary. My biggest problem is a weight gain of 13 lbs in a matter of months. I do athletic training with a trainer 3-4 times a week, eat a low carb/high protein diet and have been the...
  Posted
Hi im new to the forum please excuse me if I post in the wrong place I have a lot of endocrine problems hyperthyroidism hypopituitarism hyperprolactinemia also asthma pernicious anemia suspected coeliac disease also all my aunties uncles...
  Posted
A recent CT scan (due to migraines) showed an enlarged pituitary gland & my doctor has ordered a pituitary MRI with & without contrast. I have a high deductible HSA plan and still have not met my deductible. I called Kaiser and they to...
  Posted
I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor in 2001. This was found when they were checking my thyroid which they radiated. I wish I could have my thyroid back but I cant so I just accept it and move on. I have been on Cabergoline off and o...
  Posted
PLease note, I have SEVERE hypochondriasis. Last month on the 20th I had an open mri for three month headaches I have been having which isnt usual for me, I still have them. Well this thing showed up on the MRI, they thought I had a stro...
  Posted
I don't know guys if this is serious or not but i wanted to ask guys. It was two days ago, i was using my hair dryer,and when i finished with it, i unplugged it and while i was holding my hair dryer with my left hand, the cord of the ha...
  Posted
"Periventricular on the left adjacent to the body of the lateral ventricle there is a nodular structure measuring 6mm. It has a rounded appearance. There is no surrounding edema." From what I understand this could either be a brain tu...
  Posted
Hello Doctor, I had a mengioma removed in April 2012. In July of 2012 I had compliations in regard to the plate or screws that were used to support the mesh. Here it is april of 2013 and I am having the same problem. When you touch my ...
  Posted
My blood cortisol level is high. My doctor ordered a 24 hour urine test. I am currently taking fluconazole tablets & miconozole cream for a yeast infection. Also, I used topical cortisone cream on my face yesterday. I plan to collect...
  Posted
5409244 tn?1400096341
I was diagnosed January of 2012 with two tumors, a pituitary adeanoma and a small meningioma. The pituatary tumor is being dealt with medically and has shrunk to half its origional size in the last year. The meningioma however has double...
  Posted
I had a craniotomy for a 3 cm meningioma in the temporal region on April 8 2013. I have recovered well but I am still having a good deal of swelling in the area of the skull flap. How long will this persist? How long will it take for the...
  Posted
I have been having neck and shoulder pain for months, actually years. I was having whole arm numbness, weakness, and pain. MRI reveal a chiari malformation, which I was told was "No big deal" I have since started having a pulse in my h...
  Posted
Dr. Prevedello, It is my hope I never meet you; however, the MRI results are due April 8-9 and will be the deciding factor. The opthamologist reports my eyes are extremely healthy as is the optic nerve - as much as he can see. He susp...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank