Aa
A
A
Close

Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

81 - 100 (of 2595) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
At the beginning of May my partner was operated on to remove a pituitary tumour that was causing severe headaches, distorting his optic nerve and threatening his vision. The op was performed via his nose. We were warned of the risks of...
daffydowndilly | Last answer
I'm wondering if someone can help me out. Two months ago I started getting these weird sensations in my head usually on both sides at the front. They were tingling sensations and would last seconds and reoccur often during the day but I...
Buckle16 | Last answer
I had a left temporal lobectomy for refractory epilepsy and a brain tumor, and have had chronic pain from the craniotomy for the past three and a half years. Since more people on this part of the website have experience with craniotomy...
spitfire2 | Last answer
Hi, I was diagnosed with pituitary micro adenoma last week (7mm), it was not shown on a CT scan, but they found it on MRI. My prolactin level was 33, and 40 for 2 time testing. I am planning to see an endocrinologist soon. I don't have s...
Chinguyen1408 | Last answer
Has anyone have pituitary tumor return? I was diagnosed 6 years ago and it disappeared. It was a microadenoma and non hormone secreting. Now we think it return due to vision problem. I went for a yearly eye exam with new doctor, vision f...
gp35 | Last answer
Hi. I am a 24-year old women and my test results are as follows: T3 total: 69 ng/dL (85-185) *T3 level was checked twice a month apart, and both times, it was very low T4 total: 7.4 (4.9-11.4) TSH 1.16 mcIU/mL (0.3-4.7) DHEAS: 465...
miks123 | Last answer
Hi, im a 42 year old male and was diagnosed with a CPA brain tumor (9mm by 14mm). The doctors believe it to be a meninginoma. I've seen doctors at Cedars Sinai and UCLA and both had differing opinions on my options. SRS was one the other...
Aces33 | Last answer
I am a 34 year old female. Three years ago I was referred to an endocrinologist after an episode of blurred vision while driving. I was also experiencing increased thirst and frequent urination. I have suffered with on and off joint p...
buggabean | Last answer
Hi, I have been having a range of issues of late. A few weeks ago they did a pituitary MRI and discovered a 5 MM microadenoma and also elevated prolactin levels of 70. The doctor could not confirm if it was a prolactinoma or a nonfuncti...
Bumya1978 | Last answer
This is going to sound strange, believe me I know. I've been struggling for about 4 years now with myself. Back in 2011, I started feeling rather fatigued after I had my daughter. I felt tired and was constantly having headaches and ...
ceetherwood | Last answer
In 2005, April, i had a large tumor debunked. They got most of it (it was very tedious, breaking apart, piece by piece 4.2 times 2 cm large). Gamma knife was used afterwards. I have to be on thyroid, yes Armor is the best. And now for 11...
Bettinka | Last answer
We live in Edmonton, Canada and three years ago my daughter was diagnosed with a meningioma brain tumor. It was sitting on her brain, but had broken through the eye cavity and damaged her optic nerve that she lost sight in her right ey....
shells137 | Last answer
I was diagnosed 2 years ago with a prolactinoma. My prolactin levels were about 150, Testosterone was zero (yes 0!), and MRI revealed tumor to be a macro tumor about just over 1 cm in size. I have been on Cabergoline with no success (si...
HighGeek | Last answer
Hey guys, Would love your opinion on this for some relief before my endocrinologist appointment! It's gonna be at least another couple weeks before I get in and would seriously appreciate any insight anyone has! I was/am suffering f...
MunchEase | Last answer
Hi, there. I had a pituitary macroadenoma (non-functioning, non-secretory with stalk effect) removed almost five years ago and recently learned that it's come back. Seeing neurosurgeons now and trying to determine next steps. Has anyone ...
vegachka | Last answer
Do any of you know (or can recommend) how I can find out who the best neurosurgeons in NY are who specialize in pituitary tumors? I've been to Dr. Jeffrey Bruce (Columbia), Dr. Golfinos (NYU) and Dr. Tabar (MSK), and heard not so great t...
vegachka | Posted
The surgeon nicked my spinal chord during back surgery because I had so much scar tissue from a previous surgery 20 years ago. I had the original lower lumbar fusion surgery, then the drain put in and laid in bed for a straight week for ...
MissB66 | Last answer
Is it possible for a pituitary adenoma to grow AND not give off prolactin? I had a prolactinoma tumor when I Was 16 was put on DOSTINEX after surgery when I was 18, took DOSTINEX for 10 years no problem, then at 30 stopped dostinex then ...
Discovery007 | Last answer
Hi...any advice from anyone would be great...I have a 16mm non functioning tumour... I first went in for mri as was feeling dizzy and forgetful and seeing flashing lights and numb leg. They found a tumour and had blood test done saying t...
Natasha111 | Last answer
Does low prolactin always mean there is a tumor present in the pituitary gland?
kmhga | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Pain Tracker
Pain
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
DMRobbins0226 commented on My GYN made me mad.
5 hrs ago
296076_tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on renae176's status
18 hrs ago
296076_tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on mhv's status
Feb 06
Top Cancer Answerers
657231_tn?1453836403
Blank