Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Brain Tumors Forum

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to brain tumors, such as: Causes, Chemotherapy, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments-Other.

21 - 40 (of 68) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My grandfather had a meningioma diagnosed in 1995 - it was considered tiny. Within 5 years it had grown to a size that absolutely required surgery. Is this considered a fast growing meningioma? I've read that usually they are slow growin...
  Posted
1 cm (centimeter) Complex Pineal Cyst confirmed by one year repeat MRI, no change in size over one year; does not take up Gadolinium. Is a Complex Pineal Cyst a brain tumor? What symptoms could this kind and size of cyst cause? What...
  Posted
* yrs ago I was involved in a MVA. GSC was 8, C-2 fracture ( miami J collar). Inpatient trauma unit then rehab floor. 4th optic nerve pasly resoved seeral years later with surgery. My brain was going a mile a minute requiring little ...
  Posted
I have been in to see my neurologist as I have been having non stop headaches for about 6 months. The headaches have recently eased up but I am having other symptoms such as twitching, diarhea in the morning, numbness in my left hand an...
  Posted
My 29 year old son had colloid cyst/shunt placement 2 yrs ago. Can depression/mood swings be part of the problem if the shunt is failing to work properly? What s&s to expect if infection/inflammation v.s cyst growth causing any persona...
  Posted
What's dark on diffusion in the Pons enchances after contrast,dark on flair and bright on T2
  Posted
I am 31 yrs old.I had severe headache,so I went to a Neurologist .He advised me to take a CT scan.He has diagnonsed it as "colloid cyst in third-ventricule of the brain,with obstructive hydrocephalus" and advised me to go for a surge...
  Posted
437667 tn?1204502255
I have a lump a little smaller than a quarter on the back of my head. It's hurts a little to touch but not much. It's a little soft but mostly hard. I'm only 14 years old and I'm really afarid this could be cancer or a brain tumor. Whe...
  Posted
Back in 7th grade I had a severe concussion and I found I have either a subarachnid cyst or arachnid cyst. Whatever one is actually inside the brain. They said that it was not exerting any pressure and did not hinder me in any way and th...
  Posted
Hi, my name is Taylor and I am 17 years old. For about the last two years I have had sinus problems. I have not been able to taste for a majority of these last two years because my nose is so stuffed and lately different symptoms along w...
  Posted
I am the primary care giver for my 75 year old aunt who has had surgery four times in the past ten years for meningiomas. She underwent proton radiation for six weeks about a year ago. She found a small growth above her clavicle starti...
  Posted
dear sir/madam i'm a thai medical student, first year in clinic. i have a 31 male patient who presented with headache on the left side, usually in the morning, and usually had a vomiting for 3 months. on the interview and physica...
  Posted
hi my mri reads that my cerebellar tonsil is 5mm below the foramen magnum. I have dizzines and headaches. what does it mean?
  Posted
Over the past week I have had short term memory loss, the mixing up of words (such as saying "is this where near they live" instead of "is this near where they live"), and tunnel vision. I also seem to have a little bit of pressure in my...
  Posted
My brother has undergone surgery for the removal of brain tumor in Left Temporal Lobe on 10th of June. Doctors said the operation is a success and they have removed 80% of the tumor and left 20% to be treated by radiation. Their statemen...
  Posted
I recently had an MRI that showed a small 1-2 mm pituitary microadenoma. The MRI was finally ordered after I've suffered from amenorrhea for about 5 yrs. Most M.D.'s just speculated that the amenorrhea was just due to low weight and exe...
  Posted
I got bells palsy for the 2nd time in may. Doctor sent for mri came back with incidental finging pineal mass partially enhancing nodular component measuring 1cm and cystic component measuring 1.6cm. can someone tell me what this means an...
  Posted
hi! can someone please help me understand what my MRI means. it says in my MRI > There is enlargement of the third and lateral ventricles without transeoendymal seepage of CSF nor effacement of the cerebral sulci. There is a cyst note...
  Posted
I have a Pituitary Tumor. It has been told to me that it is only 6mm. In the past year I have been admitted to the hospital 5 times. 3 of those times it was found that I had low a Cortisol level, as low as .08, 1 and 2. I had a syncopal ...
  Posted
440193 tn?1293814117
I have been on a medical roller coaster this past year,I have lost over 45 pounds in a short amount of time,my eyes become red and the left eye is bulging out almost one centimeter more than the other eye,I had a T.I.A in march last year...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now