Aa
A
A
Close

Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

61 - 80 (of 671) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
A tumor marker has been rising for two months. I have Stage 4 with bone mets. I was taking Zometa until a year ago, when my oncologist stopped it because it was destroying my jawbone. Since then, things have gone downhill. Lots of joint ...
genevas29 | Last answer
What does metabolically active lymph nodes mean? Thank You,KW
kattwebb | Last answer
My wife had a mascetomyleft breast in December 2003 followed by chemotherapy. She had a recurrence in december 2007 in the mastectomy scar that required more surgery which was followed by radiation treatment, In Aug 2009 her pet scan sho...
laz99 | Last answer
My 86 year old mother has been in denial about a lump in her breast for three yeas. It started out the size of a bean and grown to a size of a grapefruit. She has refused to believe it is cancer until recently. I came to visit her and ...
ForAnna | Last answer
Hi !!! my mother has been detected with breast cancer and has undergone surgery 2 weeks before. Dr has adviced her PET scan. As per the PET scan Dr. the PET scan is not adviced before 6 weeks of surgery. Can she start her chemo therapie...
Pooja12345 | Last answer
My mamo results says normal but axillary lymph nodes noted, what does this mean?
sopsy | Last answer
My daughter died of breast cancer a month ago. She went through 6 months of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation. Three weeks later it was discovered that she had breast cancer in her bones and liver. She died one week later. The doctor sai...
marilyn379 | Last answer
My mom is going to be without chemo for two months due to recovery from pneumonia. In early Jan, her cancer tumor markers were stable but white cell count very low (thus acquiring pneumonia). She's so weak and is still recovering but I"m...
maybebaby29 | Last answer
What is the stage of cancer of wife with post operated biopsy report nT2N0Mx and ER,PR report Negative? What is the best treatment possible?How dangerous it is?
vinu08 | Last answer
This is a hypothetical question as I have yet to undergo a biopsy. I have been referred urgently to a surgeon but as yet have no appt. I have a history of intraductal papillomas and DCIS with surgery in 2008 and radiation in 2009. ...
Jaquta | Last answer
I was diagnosed with stage IIIa right invasive and dcis right breast cancer, ER-,PR-, HER2+. I had 6 cycles of TCH, with herceptin to continue for the remainder of a year. Last week I had a right modified radical mastectomy and a left si...
mamalimoges | Last answer
I asked this on the wrong forum so will try again. I had estrogen sensitive cancer (both breasts and 3 lymph nodes) 6 years ago. I did radical mastectomys, Chemo (TAC), radiation and 5 years Arimidex. This Aug, I was diagnosed with me...
Azgolfnut | Last answer
Dear Sir, My wife is a breast cancer patient and has undergone mastectomy recently. Now the doctors planned for post chemotherapy. She hal already been 4cycles of NEO-ADJUVANT chemotherapy. The ER/PR IS POSITIVE AND HER2 is 3+STRON...
VIJAY1955 | Last answer
Can fibrometiosus turn cancerous ????
Susie441 | Last answer
Please excuse me if I don't get the lingo right here, I am first becoming more educated about Stage IV BC. Last summer (2009) my beautiful mother-in-law was diagnosed with Stage IV recurrent BC that had spread to her bones. She had b...
dinkydee718 | Last answer
Hi, I rushed my 73 year old mom to the ER for pneumonia on Sunday and they admitted her. She has had 6 years of every treatment possible and the last 2 years on navelbene and zometa. Her tumor markers have gone down but she does have ...
maybebaby29 | Last answer
I am a 57-year-old breast cancer survivor. I was diagnosed in early 2008 and elected for breast preservation and had a partical mastectomy (needed a second one to get clear margins). I had infiltrating invasive cancer, and the area rem...
Lorr200 | Last answer
Hi, I have DIC and is on my 3rd chemotherapy treatment. I had chicken pox as an adult. Should I risk participating in a blind study for the shingles vaccine or go ahead and ask for the real vaccination (dead virus)?
jassy14 | Last answer
Do you know what it means when a report says "masses in upper outer quadrant are more apparent than previous studies and are iso-attenuating to breast parenchyma". What does iso-attenuating mean? Good or bad? There's more to the repor...
ocean12 | Last answer
Can breast cancer grow on outside of breast
Quitacoop | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community Resources