Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

lytic lesions

I beat left breast cancer 10 years ago(6/3/92 date of mastectomy). It was also in 2 of my lymph nodes. I had a bone scan & 20 xrays this month that shows, there are multiple lucent areas w/ poorly defined margins in the bilateral calvarium. Frontoparietal skull has 1.5 cm. lytic lesion. More posteriorly in parietal skull a similar ill-marginated 1.5 cm.lytic lesion. In the more posterial left parietal skull, there is a large, irregular 5 cm. lytic lesion. Irregular expansile mixed lytic lesions in the posterola 8th & 10th right ribs.Expansion of left pubic (is that also called pelvic)bone w/ abnormal trabecular markings highly sugesstive of Paget's disease. Also moderate osteopenia,5mm anterolisthesis of L4 over L3 & L5 w/ mild L4-5 degenerative disk disease, severe L5-S1 degenerative disk disease, & L4-5 & L5-S1 facet joint arthrosis. Can you please explain this 2 me in layman's terms, possible treatments, mortality rate (it's up 2 God, me & the doctor's, but mostly God), any medical tests groups that might be interested in my case(I live in Apple Valley, Calif.)? Don't worry about freaking me out w/ your answers, I'm a tough old broad. Hee Hee... I anxiously look forward 2 your help. Thank You So Much!!!!!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Here's an update. Another bone scan & it showed the 3 in the skull, rt. shoulder, ribs, spine, pelvic & femur....but I'm still laughing & that's what counts........
Helpful - 0
Dear velvetstorm;  The lesions this report describes on your skull and ribs sound as though they could indicate bone damage from a breast cancer recurrence or other cancer (to list all possibilities).  The other abnormalities describe degenerative disease and Paget's disease (both are arthritic type changes).  You should discuss the full report with your doctor who can look at the films and correlate these abnormalities to your situation.  You may need a biopsy.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Forum

Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.