Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

taxotere and side effects

I read where many have bone and muscle aches after Taxotere.  I had 4 chemos of Adriamycin/cytoxin. And 3 weeks ago finished the 4 chemos of taxotere.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry I didn't read all the posts but Taxotere can, in some cases, cause changes in the tear duct drainage system.  This can lead to permanent tearing because tears can flow out of the eye normally.

Using artificial tears frequently right from the start may dilute this effect.

At the first sign of tearing, patients should see, in a perfect world, an oculoplastic surgeon who is comfortable working on the tear drainage system.  Some general ophthalmologists may be able to address this also.
Helpful - 0
Dear seven7, Generalized aches and pains (myalgias and arthralgias) can be a side effect of taxotere.  These generally occur a few days after chemotherapy and get better the further you are from treatment.  Some people get pain associated with a numbness and tingling?  I don't know if you are experiencing this but again this should lessen the further you are from treatment.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Forum

Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.