Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Enlarged lymphnode,fibroadenomas,

I recently had an ultrasound to get a "baseline" reading (since I have family history of breast cancer). The results were that it looked like I had 2 fibroadenomas, one in each breast. Since I'm currently pregnant, my ob-gyn referred me to a surgeon (because I guess sometimes fibroadenomas grow during pregnancy). Anyway, the surgeon said that it looked like I had an enlarged lymph node, and scheduled a lymph node and right breast adenoma biopsy for 2 weeks from now. Could I possibly have breast cancer? Or am I worrying about nothing?  I am 32 years old.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I found three lumps in my right breast two years ago.  After having a ultrasound done I was told they were noncancerous breast tumors;fibroadnomas.  I have recently discovered three more and upon a ultrasound two weeks ago was told the same.  Also, the ultrasound revealed more lumps than I myself found by examination.  The surgeon I was recommended to told me today at my appointment that if it were one lump he would biopsy, but because of the several, I don't even know the exact number, he did not want to leave that many scars on my breast and would not be doing a biopsy at this time.  He requested to see me in 6 months for an exam I am positive he will say the same thing during.  I am more than a bit dishearted by an apparent lack of motivation, I believe, to find out for sure whether they definitely are noncancerous.  I feel because I am gaining more a biopsy would be a good idea. I was told more than likely they are noncancerous.  Who wants to hear, more than likely?!  Am I on the wrong page here, or are my concerns for more definite answers warranted?
Helpful - 0
Dear Sopenn, It is less common for a young woman to develop breast cancer, and no one knows if these areas developed recently or had been there as this is a baseline reading.  It is impossible based on the information above to ease your mind and say all is well.  Your ob-gyn and the surgeon want to be sure that these findings are OK, and the next step would be a biopsy.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Forum

Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.