Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

flod in implants hiding cancer

I have had 2 mammo's and a spot check. All show something!
I had an ultrasound last week and that showed something also.
My doctor said that I had to have it removed and looked at.
I went back two days later for another ultrasound so they could guide the wire in there to find the spot and remove it, but it was gone!I have many questions but the one that stands out is that I have implants and the breast that is in question has a flod in it could that fold be hiding the spot that they found on the first ultrasound? I have asked my doctor for an MRI to try and see if there is something that we might be missing but he has said that he would like to do another ultrasound! I'm not a dortor so I'm not really up to speed on this whole problem I under stand all that I have read and have been told but never the less I still feel like i'm in the dark can you please shead some light on this for me.... thank you so much for all of your time and any thought's that you may have.
                           Jacqueline.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Dear Jacqueline:  Without reviewing the mammograms and ultrasounds, we cannot speculate on what this could be and how concerning it is.  Certainly, implants can and do complicated imaging but it is curious that this "spot" was there on 3 mammograms and 1 ultrasound and then disappeared.  Since it was present on all of these images before, it may be reasonable to repeat the ultrasound.  If it still fails to show up, you can discuss with your doctor what additional testing may be appropriate.

Helpful - 0
I'm sorry I forgot to say that they have said that what they see is calcifications.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Forum

Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.