Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

mammo results

last yrs mammo was normal -this yrs showed a nodule what is that? and followup imaging is required. i am freaking out.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Oops sorry I made a typo on your name..((hugs)) and God Bless
Helpful - 0
I also had the same thing happen on my regular screening this year..I went back for more views which included spot compression & magnifying..(Diagnostic mammo) and my nodule is in my right breast about the size of a pencil eraser..I am going to see a surgeon tomorrow since the radiologist recommended a biopsy..He said since I had BC in the past which was over 10 years ago I needed it checked out..I'm sure yours will probably be fine and they may even just do follow up mammograms if the nodule appears with more views and doesn't look suspiscious..I am scared also and the past two weeks have been so hard to get through so I can relate to your feelings but please try not to worry since you may have more views done and everything shows up to be fine..God bless!
Helpful - 0
Dear snowshark:  It is not uncommon for a "nodule" or "lump" to show up on a screening mammogram.  In these cases, additional films are often done to look more closely at the area of concern and determine if further evaluation is needed.  Sometimes tissue can fold over on itself and with additional views, the nodule will disappear.  If the nodule remains, additional evaluation may be needed, possibly including biopsy.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Forum

Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.