Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Worried about mammogram

I had my second mammogram (baseline was 1 yr and 5 mos prior was "normal") and it showed "a 6mm new mass with well defined margins in the left breast at7 o'clock.  I had a diognistic mammo about 7 days later and it showed "an 8 X 6 mm, equal-density, oval mass with lobulated margins in the lower inner quadrant of the posterior amedial left breast at 9 o'clock."  I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on 6/6.  I feel like 6/6 is an eternity away and I'm worried.  What could this be?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My ultrasound was moved up to this morning.  Boy was I happy!  You could really see the mass - I was actually a bit shocked.  The tech left the room and came back a little while later and said that the Dr. told her that it was "just some ductal junk and to come back in 6 months."  Okay, so what is "ductal junk"?
Helpful - 0
Dear cynthia:  A new finding on a mammogram can be related to many things including malignancy and follow up to further clarify a finding is appropriate.  An ultrasound is most helpful in determining whether something is fluid-filled (cyst) vs. a solid mass, and this may be all that is necessary to clarify this finding.  

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Forum

Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.