Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Enlarging Density Rt. Breast

Hi,
I am a 52 yr. old women and have had annual mamo's for years now.  I am post menapause by 6-7 years now.  I have breast cancer in my maternal side of the family. ie, mom, sister, great aunt, all right breast, all had breast removed. I have done annual mamo's for years now.  I have frequently showed up with (water cyst) most pop.  I went Friday and did my mamo and Monday I rec'd a call from radiology that I need to come in for an Ultra Sound, that I had enlarging density in my right breast. Should I be concerned about this maybe being breast cancer.  Needing some straight forward answers, my husband is going through Hodgkins for the second time and will go into the hospital and do chemo with stem cell transfusion on Monday.  Don't need anymore on my plate right now and would like some insight on this matter.

Thanks,
Cajun
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242527 tn?1292449140
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Dear Cajunlady:  Without reviewing the mammogram and doing a physical examination, it is not possible to speculate on what this
Helpful - 0
Thank You Very Much, I am scheduled for an Ultra Sound on this Friday morning.  I guess all I can do is wait now.

Cajun
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Forum

Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.