Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Second Opinion Regarding Treatment of my Breast Cancer

During second week of March, 2002, a small lump was detected in the upper inner quadrant of my Right Breast. FNAC reported "Duct Cell Carcinoma". Lumpectomy was done on 22nd Mar, 2002. Pathological report of the specimen reported, all cut margins free, T=2 X 1.7 X 1 cms, invasive DCIS Grade- II, Modified R. B. Score-3+2+2=7. Lymhovascular Embolization. ER:negetive, PR:Positive.My treating Oncologist specified Chemotherapy of CEF Rgimen, 6 Cycles(21 days interval) + Radiotherapy (6-7 Weeks)+ Hormonetherapy(Tamoxifen for 5 years). The sequence is :      3CT-->RT-->3CT. I have taken the 1st Cycle of Chemo on 5th April, 2002. The second cycle is scheduled to be taken on 26th April, 2002.

Last few days I have mild stiffness and pain developed in an oval shaped area of about 5cm around the elbow of my inner side of the right arm, and also, shifting pain in the sculp. My blood pathology(23rd April, 2002) are within normal limits.

Do I need any further check up at this moment?
Please comment about the treatment I am receiving ?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Dear Afroza:  This is one of several standard regimens for invasive ductal carcinoma.  I am assuming it is not ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) but invasive ductal carcinoma.  I'm not sure if the pain in your arm is at all related to this problem.  If it does not resolve in a day or two, or if it is red and hot to touch, you should let your doctor know.
Helpful - 0
I am 47, pre-menopausal, mother of three children, sons(23 & 20)only daughter (11), breast fed all my cheldren 9-11 months. Used Contraceptive during the gap period of having the issues.
Helpful - 0
Further to my question posted to-day 23rd April, 2002, I would like to add that my lumpectomy (Right Breast) done on 22nd March, 2002 was included removal of axilla (Right). Pathological report findings are all 19 nodes were negetive to metastisis. Also, there was negetive cut margin achieved in the lumpectomy. In case of having Invasive DCIS Grade-II, ER:negetive, Lymhovascular Embolization, do you think considering the treatment I am now taking and the complains of pain in the particular area of my right arm and scull I reported in my earlier query, should I need to take now a bone scan or other tests to check recently developed distant metastitis ?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Forum

Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.