Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Burns Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

21 - 40 (of 96) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My bro-in-law burnt his face and hands six months ago due to some electrical sparks from switchboard, however his skin is recovered on face but the skin on his right hand is not recovered and a burned nerve is clearly visible due to whic...
  Posted
384763 tn?1200029990
Hello! Last Friday I became ill with the flu. Has I was about to eat some chicken noodle soup, I fainted and the next thing I knew I was on the floor with a burning pain on my face and hand. A few days later some of my scabs were h...
  Posted
Ok so I went for an 8 hour snowmbile ride the last saturday. I was all bundled up . Turtle neck and all. Well, Were the strap was on my helmet, and in the corner of the padding, I have these red marks. I could feel some cold air coming ...
  Posted
I had posted a question earlier in this forum. I went snowmobiling and looks like what I got was windburn, from what everyone has said. The skin is healing, but is steal a darker color then my normal skin color. It's still a little red. ...
  Posted
I used Zap it Acne wash on my face. It had 2% Acid in it. I only wash my face twice with it. The next day my face was red, swollen, tight, and VERY dry. I have been putting oil of olay on it 4 times a day but it is not working. I look ...
  Posted
I had a wart on my scalp which I got frozen off 2 days ago. I had warts frozen off before but never had a reaction or blister like this. Did my dermatologist get too carried away with the bottle of liquid nitrogen? Should I be worried? H...
  Posted
Hi, I burned my face ahot milke from the Mac splite on my face it was heated for one min ane 20 sec it's heald now but my skin did not come the doc toled me to wait for six weeks and see how is going to . I just wanted to know if im ...
  Posted
Hi. Recently, I was deep frying some food. Out of nowhere, the oil in the pan just exploded and went everywhere. It burned my face and my arms. I was just wondering how long it will take for these burns to disappear. They aren't that bad...
  Posted
Hello doctor, I have this pimple on my nose which turned into a scar. I read online that if you applied lemon juice on a scar it would help lighten, and diminish the scar is this true? When i did this i kinda soaked a cotton ball in lemo...
  Posted
Hi, I have recently gotten little burn marks on my face from waxing..Can you tell me any way I can get rid of the burn marks? Thank You..
  Posted
I was in a chemical explosion (chlorine) about 18 mo ago. About a month later, I developed a drainage in my throat that won't stop. The dr has tried allegro and nexium and steriods to no avail. He took a MRI of my sinus and could see ...
  Posted
i got sunburnt on saturday now four days later my legs are still swollen and red and sore, and now the front of my legs are bubbling and *****, sore to touch. what does this mean? is there a bigger problem because the redness has slowly ...
  Posted
my 2 year old daughter accidentally put her hand by where the humidifer was steaming, she burnt the palm of her hand. I applied cold compressor and put it under cold water, swelling has gone down but a larger size puzzy blister has forme...
  Posted
Hello January this year my son visited a GP and requested him to remove a wart growing on the right side of his face. The GP dipped some type of cotton bud instrument in Liquid Nitrogen and proceeded to burn the wart. Upon coming ho...
  Posted
Help! I burned my face using Patricia Wexler's anti-acne home regimen about 4 weeks ago. I went to the dermatologist and he gave me a topical steroid cream. I used that for a week and a half, but it did not seem to do much. Parts of ...
  Posted
i have wrote to u two times before about my grandfather and his condition and i have asked about surviving. Well he has had some ups and downs the past couple weeks. they removed the skin that was dead on his chest, but the skin graphs d...
  Posted
Hello, i have accidentally spill some cooking oil on to my left arm. After 4 months, it has been healed, but it left several small brown spots with pink/red centers. I would like to know if there are anything that can help to remove thes...
  Posted
Hello, On Friday night boiling hot water was accidentally poured over the back (not the palm) of my left hand. It is painful & is extremely itchy. It is also starting to blister up. Should I seek medical attention? Please advise on...
  Posted
Hello, I'd appreciate greatly any input. My dear friend suffered mostly 3rd degree burns to 65% of his body from chlorine dyoxide the beginning of October. He's had 13 surgeries. Experienced some kidney failure, has pneumonia, and m...
  Posted
hi.. am having severe pain at my anus, very irritating, i cant go for stool, its very paing there while going for stool, i showed doc, he gave me an oinment of piles & syrup for smooth going, but no result from oinment, syrup help to ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank