Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Burns Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

61 - 80 (of 96) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Well, about 2 weeks ago, October .27. i dropped hot oil onto my foot. Causing a third degree burn. I was in the hospital for about 13 days. I received a skin graft on my thigh and i have a treatment for my foot. I got to go home last We...
  Posted
My son was burned on his face by a hot iron when he was 18 months. He is now 19 years old and has a moderalty discolored scar (darker than his regular skin) on his cheek about the size of a fifty cents peice. The skin is a little rough...
  Posted
my grandfather was just in a serious accident regarding a propane tank exploding and it blew him out of the building. as it did it the blast broke his nose and burnt his face and hands and chest. his face and hands are the worst. the ...
  Posted
I am an Asian with fair colored skin. I had a pretty bad sunburn a month ago, when I was at work on a quarry mine. My arms and face got burnt, reddish on upper arms. I had tried moisturizers regularly to get back my normal tan. Even thou...
  Posted
Alright this one is definitely an odd one, last week i was smoking a ciggerette while i was on the toilet and i dropped my lighter in my lap the lighter fell in between my lap and before i could stand up the lighter burned the head of my...
  Posted
Hello. My brother had a bad motorbike accident oversees and burned an area on his leg above his ankle. He was treated at a hospital with saline solutions, pain killers, and antibiotic shots (including ampicillin). He has been changing th...
  Posted
Yesterday I took my son to the doctor to have a wart frozen off and now he has a huge blister on his had. What caused this and what can i do about it?
  Posted
My daughter age 20 spilled boiling water on her thighs and has second degree burns. She has been going back to the hospital every day for 6 days to have the dressings changed and cleaned. Now they want her to start seeing her doctor. We...
  Posted
I had a IPL photofacial yesterday at my doctor's office. It was very painful. The nurse stopped and applied an ice pack to the skin. I had immediate blistering and the skin has turned very brown in that area. She has told me not to ...
  Posted
I use Retin-A micro and minocylcine 50 MG. About a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night with this burning sensation near the crease that goes from my nose to my mouth. In the morning i saw this small slightly cratered burn mark...
  Posted
About 36 hours ago i burned my face by being stupid (i was too close to some black powder when I touched it off). From what I can gather most of the burn (if not all) is very shallow in nature. I've been applying antibiotic ointment rou...
  Posted
I have had a bad experience with a home remedy of placing crushed garlic on my face overnight for acne. I am an african American female and this garlic has seemed to actually cause charred black burn marks and blisters in the areas where...
  Posted
i was pretty badly burned about 1 year ago the scar is red and raised is there still a chance for infection? or am i in the clear if it has been ok for 12 months now
  Posted
was cooking bacon on a small grill & was just starting to scrape off the grease & residue off it like I've done a hundred times without incident. I got distracted & boom all the grease and stuff was all over my forearm. I couldn't get t...
  Posted
I burned my ring finger at work by accidently spilling boiling hot broccoli soup on it. I couldn't react immediately because I was holding the pot of soup, so I had to set down the soup and then wipe the burning hot liquid away from my f...
  Posted
Had total knee replacement 5/15/06. Worked hard and acheived 122 degrees of flexability (supine) by Aug 1st. It was great for about 12 months. Was able to squat with weight below parallel without any problem. But during the last 3 mo...
  Posted
I had my eyebrowns tatooed. After the tatoo removal the scars showed up pretty bad. Its been a year now and it is still very evident. Is there a way/cream I can use to removed it???
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank