Aa
A
A
Close
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum
Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
41 - 60 (of 254) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Several months ago I had a lot of PVCs (like one every other beat) as well as a fast heart rate. I went to the ER and was admitted to the...
1 answer |
Hi, I'm 19 years old and in good health. In July I had my first anxiety attack, I went to the hospital with a pulse of 160 and BP of 160/...
4 answers |
1515600 tn?1290624608
Dear Doctor, In August I became a heart patient. I am a 44 year old female, also I am a diabetic type 2. I am about 50lbs overweight, sm...
2 answers |
49 year old female, lightly active, 5"5" 119 lbs. Lost my mother Oct 7, 2010 to cancer. Lot of the burden of the funeral arrangements w...
I'm 53 yrs old, male, 6' 2", 205 lbs. I go to crossfit (intense exercise) 5x a week for past 8 months. After Sat workout I had a strang...
1 answer |
I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and am getting better with it and am almost euthyroid. I also had several episodes of panic attacks....
2 answers |
I am a 57 year old male and my cholesterol levels in 6 categories are: Total 148, HDL 45, LDL 88, TRIG 74, Total/HDL 3.29, LDL/HDL 1.96. ...
1 answer |
I am a 66 yr old male who has had minor bouts of atrial fib since 1992..usually no more than 4 or 5 year. This past year they occur more ...
1 answer |
Three years ago (Sept 07) I had an aortic valve replacement. One year ago the LAIV was 31ml/m2, and when checked this year, was 51ml/m2 (...
I am a 41 year old male suffering from restless leg syndrome for the past 2 years. I have a burning sensation in my hands and feet althou...
1 answer |
Dear Doctor I am a 45 year old Canadian women that after a physical blood work determined my lipoprotein Lp (a) to be .086 g/L ProBNP...
1 answer |
I am a 45 year old white male about 40 pounds overweight. Family history is significant for hypertension, diabetes, but no significant c...
1 answer |
1318351 tn?1313385021
Hello and thank you for taking my question! I am a 28 year old female 5"3 189 pounds. Since I was 2002 I have been having this flutter in...
3 answers |
My father is 93 year old. He has a chronic complaint of dizziness. His last physical everything is normal except his heart rate is low (5...
2 answers |
My cardiologist wants to do an echocardigram to measure my lvedp. Everything I can research says you cannot get an accurate LVEDP from an...
1 answer |
I am a runner, have run a number of marathons. I am 43 yo 5’6”; female. In 2003 my physician suggested an echo prior to training for b...
8 answers |
Recently I spent several days in the hospital with frequent PVCs and a fast heart rate, around 130 resting. I only had a couple instances...
1 answer |
I have just been diagnosed with a "slightly!" enlarged heart. I am 65 and have had severe asthma since I ws 2. Although it is under cont...
1 answer |
Hello, My 39yr old husband has a gene mutation called NKX2.5, as do 3 of my 4 kids (all under 14yr, the 14yr has a pacemaker). It causes...
3 answers |
1295419 tn?1276826472
Hi... I gave birth 7 weeks ago and due to some complications my doctors suspected that I had perinatal cardiomyopathy. I was given an ...
2 answers |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now