Aa
A
A
Close
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum
Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
61 - 80 (of 254) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am a 45 year old Canadian women that after a physical blood work determined my lipoprotein Lp (a) to be .086 g/L ProBNP, Hemoglobin A...
1 answer |
Dear Doc I had a triple bypass 7 weeks ago. Last week, I underwent an echocardiogram. I just received the echocardiogram report. All t...
1 answer |
Healthy until 2006 except congenital conditions (59 yo F, 5’4”, 125 lbs): WPW and optic nerve (pit) anomaly. Other: Raynaud’s; migrain...
1 answer |
Dear Doctor, I have been diagnost with an incomplete right bundle branch block. I am 45 and 108 punds. All physical, stress test and...
1 answer |
My mother, who is 77, has always had normal blood pressure (around 120/70 range). She traveled for a wedding to a city that has high alti...
1 answer |
Hi! I am a 38 yr old (5'3", 115 lbs). Within the last few months, I have had some episodes of dizziness/lightheadedness(only for a few s...
2 answers |
Hi, I am a thin healthy 25/F and the the only known condition I suffer from is anxiety. I was recently diagnosed with a grade 1 systol...
2 answers |
Doctor, Thank u in adv for your time.To give u a brief history of me:36yo,male, 5'10,210lb,fairshape, NEVER SMOKED/drugs,&rarely drink. F...
6 answers |
Background: Although I do not remember the specific numbers, I know that I have always had somewhat low HDL. My mother says that both her...
3 answers |
My 61 year old Caucasian male patient had 4.3 on C-reactive Protein test for the past 6-8 months. 1. Would aspirin be useful in brin...
1 answer |
I am 48 years old. On november 2009 I consulted a Cardiologist for sporadic chest pains during my triathlon training. On examination the ...
1 answer |
I'm in the middle of having an event monitor on and after seven days, not much to report except one finding. One episode of sinus bradyc...
1 answer |
84 year old woman with prior myocardial infarc is left hanging up side down for 3 hours. She was taken to the hospital and died 17 hours...
1 answer |
Lately, I've been having problems with balance when standing up (not dizziness) after lieing down. I become faint and often have to stea...
1 answer |
OK, so I haven't been feeling right for a little bit now, have been on doxycycline for a few days now for a UTI, am male, 43 and have had...
1 answer |
I am a 56 year white male who had two stents inserted in Sep 1997. I have had no other major issues. I get regular cardiology check ups...
1 answer |
I am a 33-year-old Caucasian female, 5'7"and typically 130-135 lbs. (I am currently 17 weeks pregnant, so my weight is now 148.) For the ...
1 answer |
My understanding is that the statins with the greatest LDL reducing effect are Crestor, Lipitor, Zocor, and Pravachol, in that order. I ...
3 answers |
I went to a cardiologist because I was having frequent skipped heartbeats. I wore a Holter monitor for 24 hours. The cardiologist called ...
1 answer |
Does Metoprolol Succinate ER interact with Imdur? I get extreme flushing when I take the Toporol after having taken the Imdur l2 hours ea...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank