Aa
A
A
Close

Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

61 - 80 (of 254) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am a 45 year old Canadian women that after a physical blood work determined my lipoprotein Lp (a) to be .086 g/L ProBNP, Hemoglobin A1C, High Sensitivity CRP, Homocysteine & Fibrinogen all were normal. My HDL was excellent at 1.77 a...
  Posted
Dear Doc I had a triple bypass 7 weeks ago. Last week, I underwent an echocardiogram. I just received the echocardiogram report. All the valves and chambers are normal. However, I am concerned about results from the doppler/color flow...
  Posted
Healthy until 2006 except congenital conditions (59 yo F, 5’4”, 125 lbs): WPW and optic nerve (pit) anomaly. Other: Raynaud’s; migraine, rarely since 2000. Then in 2007: dental deterioration; vitreous detach R eye/retinopexy at opti...
  Posted
Dear Doctor, I have been diagnost with an incomplete right bundle branch block. I am 45 and 108 punds. All physical, stress test and blood work is fine. The doctor tells me not to worry. However after some research I have found tha...
  Posted
My mother, who is 77, has always had normal blood pressure (around 120/70 range). She traveled for a wedding to a city that has high altitude and during the event she felt very dizzy and almost fainted. When she came back she saw her doc...
  Posted
Hi! I am a 38 yr old (5'3", 115 lbs). Within the last few months, I have had some episodes of dizziness/lightheadedness(only for a few seconds at a time). They probably actually started some time within the last year, but were very occa...
  Posted
Hi, I am a thin healthy 25/F and the the only known condition I suffer from is anxiety. I was recently diagnosed with a grade 1 systolic heart murmur at the left sternal edge during a routine physical. I had an echo done and they told...
  Posted
Doctor, Thank u in adv for your time.To give u a brief history of me:36yo,male, 5'10,210lb,fairshape, NEVER SMOKED/drugs,&rarely drink. Family hist- Grandfather had stroke in70's.My parents r in their 60's no issus. I recently had a ca...
  Posted
Background: Although I do not remember the specific numbers, I know that I have always had somewhat low HDL. My mother says that both her and my grandmother do too. However, we have no early heart disease (or really, any heart disease th...
  Posted
My 61 year old Caucasian male patient had 4.3 on C-reactive Protein test for the past 6-8 months. 1. Would aspirin be useful in bringing this inflammation down to safe levels? 2. If aspirin would be effective, what is the lowest (...
  Posted
I am 48 years old. On november 2009 I consulted a Cardiologist for sporadic chest pains during my triathlon training. On examination the ecg was ok but for safety and since I had a race coming up he ordered a SPECT. The result was normal...
  Posted
I'm in the middle of having an event monitor on and after seven days, not much to report except one finding. One episode of sinus bradycardia with ventricular tachycardia 4 beats, Rate 135. HR was 52, I was pretty much at rest. I've w...
  Posted
84 year old woman with prior myocardial infarc is left hanging up side down for 3 hours. She was taken to the hospital and died 17 hours later. Cause of death was myocardial infarc and renal failure. Did the hanging up side down subst...
  Posted
Lately, I've been having problems with balance when standing up (not dizziness) after lieing down. I become faint and often have to steady myself before moving on. On several occassions, I have actually have blacked out,albeit briefly, ...
  Posted
OK, so I haven't been feeling right for a little bit now, have been on doxycycline for a few days now for a UTI, am male, 43 and have had these three pulse readings over the last two days, and in this order. Otherwise healthy except for...
  Posted
I am a 56 year white male who had two stents inserted in Sep 1997. I have had no other major issues. I get regular cardiology check ups and stress tests (annually) and take a statin. My blood chemistry has been under control since the...
  Posted
I am a 33-year-old Caucasian female, 5'7"and typically 130-135 lbs. (I am currently 17 weeks pregnant, so my weight is now 148.) For the past few years, I have noticed high heart rates during exercise (usually 160-180 bpm, although I won...
  Posted
My understanding is that the statins with the greatest LDL reducing effect are Crestor, Lipitor, Zocor, and Pravachol, in that order. I don’t mention Leschol and Mevacor since they appear to be rarely used since recently due to the afor...
  Posted
I went to a cardiologist because I was having frequent skipped heartbeats. I wore a Holter monitor for 24 hours. The cardiologist called me today and said the results were "normal." When I asked about premature beats, he said I had 22 of...
  Posted
Does Metoprolol Succinate ER interact with Imdur? I get extreme flushing when I take the Toporol after having taken the Imdur l2 hours earlier. What can I substitue for the Toporol?
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now