Aa
A
A
Close
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum
Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
81 - 100 (of 254) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am a 58 yr. old male, 6 ft. 168 lbs, non smoker, non drinker, exercise regularly, normal cholestrol, but have a 25 yr. history of PVC's...
1 answer |
My father’s A1C is 6.0 on his last test blood test. This seems to be a pretty good value. However, his serum glucose during the day is ...
1 answer |
I am a 59 yr. old male, 6 ft. 168 lbs, non-drinker, non-smoker, non-caffeine user, with a 30 year history of PVC's. They range at times f...
1 answer |
I ran for 18.5 minutes on a bruce protocol and hit100 % of my max HR as part o a stress echo. My understanding is the a SE is only about...
1 answer |
Hello! I have a question about my lab results. I am a 35 year old female. No medical problems, not overweight, do not drink, smoke ect. T...
4 answers |
I am on 41 year male with strong family history of early CAD. I recent saw a cardiologist. My LDL was 80 and HDL was 50 with a total of...
1 answer |
Although I have low LDL without statin therapy, I started a statin because of significant family history. Recent evidence seems to point...
2 answers |
I'm an age-47 male thyroid patient (Hashimoto's thyroiditis) . A heart murmur was detected in my teens thought to be Wolf-Parkinson-Wh...
7 answers |
(40 year old male) - I had an echo completed about 6 months ago showing an mildly enlarged left ventrical. Left ventrical at 60mm, with n...
2 answers |
Certain laboratories offer a cholesterol panel that breaks down LDL different patterns (ie, pattern A, pattern B, pattern A/B) and HDL in...
1 answer |
How do you view a reduction in both LDL and HDL? I have heard that the risk of CAD goes down proportionately with the decrease in LDL. ...
2 answers |
Hello. I have some concern and I wanted to get your opinion. In the last few days I have been feeling some discomfort in my chest and...
1 answer |
I’m a 63 y/o male with MVP (minimal regurgitation). In 2001 I underwent ablation to alleviate my PVCs that I have had for 25 years (which...
1 answer |
Female, 32,No current regular medication. I hope it is ok to post in this group. There is no longer a posting feature for the Heart R...
1 answer |
Dear Dr. Kirksey, Where is the right place to measure waist circumference to indicate CVD risk? I know the measurement is supposed to be ...
1 answer |
I am 26 years old and consider myself in good health except for a couple of things. After I left the military I started having intense pa...
2 answers |
I just completed a tread mill stress test and a nuclear stress test. Briefly, the results are: 1) attained 100% target heart rate, no c...
2 answers |
Dear Doctor, About 3 weeks ago I went to see my physician about some chest discomfort I'd been having. She listened to my heart and to...
1 answer |
Hello, my doctor did not clearly define exactly what normal sinus rhythm with atrial run is and could you please clarify this for me. My ...
1 answer |
Dr., I'm 41 healthy male, who has had 4 episodes in last 6 months. Each time, I've had waves of nausea lasting a few minutes, with wh...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank