Aa
A
A
Close

Cerebral Palsy Community

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

41 - 60 (of 513) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi everyone, My name is Ally and I am a student at the University of Massachusetts in Boston. As part of a school project, I was tasked to find out a little bit more about post-stroke complications that involve facial muscles. I was w...
Aghaid | Posted
I have a 34 year old son that is a spastic quad and requires 100% care, however, he is smart and understands what is going on and will communicate with an alphabet board. He has always had a wonderful-happy-outgoing personality. Suddenly...
firefighterkim | Posted
I have a 16yr old son who is cerebral palsy. The last two years since hitting puberty he will have uncontrolable rages where he hits, scratches, bites, etc. He not only hurts himself but others. He's getting stronger each day and i'm afr...
jae424 | Last answer
Can childbirth cause bell palsy
whit1018 | Posted
I have severe athetoid cerebral palsy, am 30 years old male, permanently in wheelchair, with arms strapped down to prevent involuntary movement. I have fingers that constantly rub each other and cause bleeding, covered in bandaids becau...
Tigers83 | Last answer
I have an 8 year old daughter with severe CP. It affects her entire body. She has one good hand that she can use to feed herself (finger foods, no utensils) and drive her power wheelchair. She is also Deaf so she uses it to sign. She...
Mommygrove | Last answer
8263698_tn?1397346060
I was born 10 weeks early, in 1961. At a year old I was diagnosed with mild CP. Received no treatment or physical therapy. I have a permanent limp, and I tend to not pick up my right foot, which causes me to stumble and fall. In the past...
hartscar | Last answer
Firstly, sorry if this ends up sounding like an essay but if I'm gonna put it out there I may as well spill it all!I'm a 34 year old woman , I have cerebral palsy down my right side. In 2010 I began to loose confidence in my walking and ...
katiekins1 | Last answer
I was born with left side spastic hemiplegia/hemiparesis. I wore a brace on my left left as a child, and my left hand never worked very well. But it is still very mild. Most people never knew. My speech, writing, thinking, walking were a...
DeeandDean | Last answer
My son is 68 days old, he can't smile for me, I'm a little worried about it. When the age has what symptom with the cerebral palsy?
ysxz521 | Last answer
This is all new to me so bear with me. Not sure what to do next regarding my 4 year old daughter. She is currently under a consultant as she had few problems when she was born, however as time went by and milestones came and went i noti...
shazza77 | Last answer
I'm a 23 year old male living with my father who has mild CP that affects his ability to walk, he can only bend his legs at the knees a few degrees so he shuffles rather than strides, and he also has occasional but painful back spasms. O...
qwerty104 | Last answer
Has anyone heard of ABR- Advanced Biomechanical Rehab? My son just turned one(12 mnths as of aug 13) and was diagnosed with Spastic Cerebral Palsy 2 weeks ago, he cant sit on his own or crawl/stand or walk. The cp is affecting his right...
Nessto | Last answer
I just found out my nephew has cp. His twin sister can now walk but he can't. He can stand up but after a while he will just fall. What does cp really mean? Does this mean he won't walk'?
MaricelaH | Last answer
I'm also a woman with mild spastic cerebral palsy. I've also over the years tried many forms of masturbation. Thing is, I can't achieve vaginal orgasm because frankly, I get too tried or my muscles stiffen up and give out on me. Therefor...
KittyKitty14 | Last answer
I've been experiencing a pain at the base of my skull on the left side. It sometime progresses to a shooting pain like I'm being stabbed with an icepick. I recently had a migrane that had me vomiting and lasted couple of hours. I also su...
Dlpz | Last answer
I'm 16, almost 17, and have quad spastic cp. I use a bac pump. I need an electric chair to get around. This problem may not seem important, but its a big deal for me. I really don't want to ask my mom about it. I've never had sex. ...
Noah97 | Last answer
Im 45 female and have mild cp...usually not a problem in daily life.Recently I Ive had severe pain cramps burning weakness of my right side.It started with an IT band injury.now nero is saying cp flare up . I'm also taking prevastatin f...
AdultCP | Last answer
My 23 yr old nephew has mild to moderate CP, Asburgers, a bone disease, and his IQ level is 45. He is able to walk now, but cannot read or write. In the last 2 months, he has started going to the bathroom and staying in there 2 to 3 ho...
Bennahummer | Last answer
Hi I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I have a mild case of cp. I'm wondering if my child will end of with cp to. Also could I be at high risk pregnancy.
Jiannone | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cerebral Palsy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...