Aa
A
A
Close

Cerebral Palsy Community

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

81 - 100 (of 516) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have mild CP and I have noticed that when I get cold my shivers are very harsh and spaz-tic like its crazy. but I was wondering does the cold effect Cerebral palsy?
  Posted
I got a 10 year old daughter who has got cerebral palsy but she don't act her age and she coming out with a lot attuide and biting and slapping herself when she cant get her own way so if anyone has been through this or got any ideas ple...
  Posted
Im 33 and have hemiplegic CP. Had epilepsy when i was a kid. I have suffered with depression for 15 years. In -07 i was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. No one in my family has mental disorders. I asked my physiatrist about the connectio...
  Posted
My name is Alex and I have mild cerebral palsy. I am very introverted, though on the flip side I don't like to be alone. My conclusion for that is that I have a case of high functioning autism. I have never been diagnosed with autism but...
  Posted
I have noticed that I am walking on my toes more and have to sometimes force myself to step on my heel first. This never used to happen and I've been noticing alot more spasming in my legs lately also. This happening to anyone else?
  Posted
I'm Elizabeth, life was tough day one growing up unable to walk until age 5 but just barely. I thought along with scientists that I could never walk. I can now but all the bruises on my legs prove barely. I have a point to prove though, ...
  Posted
1555081 tn?1305615511
My mother is a diabetic type 2 patient .December 5 she had Paralysis attack on brain and right side of body .she does not recognize any thing and cannot speak also ...please help me doctor is giving hydergine for brain and insulin for di...
  Posted
Hi, the MRI report stats the following: Findings: There are a few scattered patchy partially confluent T2/FLAIR hyperintense foci within the deep and periventricular white matter bilaterally which are symmetric involving the frontal a...
  Posted
Hi, My son ,now 6 years old, born with 1.4kg weight ,severe respiratory distress,cyanosis,SaO2 56% & was in ventilation for 28days. After 1months cranial ultrasound scans showed mild ventricular dilatation but no haemorrage. MRI of bra...
  Posted
Hi, the MRI report stats the following: Findings: There are a few scattered patchy partially confluent T2/FLAIR hyperintense foci within the deep and periventricular white matter bilaterally which are symmetric involving the frontal ...
  Posted
My son is 13 years old with cerebral palsy and seizure disorder. He began having seizures at six months of age. When he was much younger (maybe 3 or 4 years old), his eyes would roll back and he would shake his head bac k and forth (a...
  Posted
As I walk I sometimes fall foreward like runnig and cant stop and end up on the ground and takes me a while to get up.
  Posted
I’m Zachary Smouse, I’m 19 years old living with Cerebral Palsy. I feel like I’m stuck in a body limiting my abilities to succeed with my dreams. I want to get out on my own, but some things I can’t do. The simplest things that normal pe...
  Posted
I am a 39 year old who has had mild cp since birth. I have always been very active and want to be able to continue that. However, I am starting to have more and more issues that I believe are related to the cp. Since I was 14 I have work...
  Posted
This might have a lot to do with anxiety/panic attacks etc... but, any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Why is it that when in the presence of 2 or more people the following happens: - hands/fingers tense. Can't lift a full...
  Posted
Hi, I was born with Hemiplegia Cerebral Palsy which affects my right side of the body. Very mild. I find very little issues when it comes to doing day to day things, just maybe be a little clumsy at times! My biggest issue is when I am i...
  Posted
I have a special needs son (age 23) that has been acting out with screaming tantrums. It seems to have progressively gotten worse lately. The doctor starated him on Deplin 7.5mg My concern is the potential interaction with his daily m...
  Posted
4531013 tn?1355982619
Hello all! I was born with very mild Cerebral Palsy that only effects my right side. CP has also caused me to become epileptic. I was just wondering if Cerebral Palsy can cause muscle atrophy or if it is the seizures that cause that happ...
  Posted
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had dificult deliveries and if they feel this contributed to the cp. I had a tough pregnancy, I bleed every week from week 9 to week 22. They said I was fine. There was lowlying placenta but they said it res...
  Posted
hi i have bifrontal lobe brain injury i was windering if hyperbaric oxygen and reiki are treatments worth investing in and if there other treatments that could be of some us or help, i am new to this site so any help woul be greatly appr...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cerebral Palsy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...