Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Chemotherapy Community

Welcome to the Chemotherapy Community: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for chemotherapy patients ~ PAST or PRESENT. It is also for family, friends and loved ones of chemotherapy patients. Topics in this community include: Blood Tests, Bone Issues, Brain Issues, Complications, Dental Issues, Eye Disorders, Fatigue, Gastrointestinal Issues, Heart Issues, Infertility, Kidney Issues, Liver Issues, Living with Chemo, Long-term Effects, Lung Issues, Lymphedema, Memory Problems, Menopausal Symptoms, Neuropathy, Nutrition, Pain, Research, Skin Issues, Thyroid Issues.

21 - 40 (of 54) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have been through two sessions oc chemo. The first time my WBC's shot way up to 14.8 so they reduced my neulasta to 3 mg. after the second round. Ten days later I started breaking out in hives, and macular rashes with tightness in my b...
  Posted
My mother has chemo once a week, she sprained her neck, and the pain goes to her chest, what can I do with the pain? This is Saturday, and I don't think she could handle sitting in the ER for 4 to 6 hrs. Thankyou.
  Posted
I had my first infusion about a week ago and want to know when I can go out? I know that 7-10th days are the most problematic for infections but can I go out after that period of time? Will I need to be house bound for the duration of ...
  Posted
Am hoping someone has any experience with this as my friend needs a solution as soon as possible. She has had aggressive chemo and is now cancer free, however, she now has MAI, MDS and a feeding tube. She has not been able to keep food...
  Posted
My grandfather was receiving chemotherapy last week and the nurse messed up and he received a bottle of medicine in 15 minutes, that normally takes 45 minutes to an hour. During which he lost his speech, but it came back in 5 minutes. ...
  Posted
Hello, my mother is 65 years old and received her 1st carbo/taxol chem treatment for ovarian cancer. Today is Monday. She has been felling completely drained since Saturday night, barely getting out of bed and only eating a little bit...
  Posted
Has anyone had any success treating neuropathy in their fingers after chemo? How permanent was the damage? Not severe pain but tingling and, as chemo goes on, it's getting worse.
  Posted
Is it possible to have lingering side effects from femara once treatment has stopped? I am premenopausal (sp?) and was on Femara to treat endometriosis.
  Posted
684030 tn?1415615923
Does anyone have any insights or experience with ICE chemotherapy that you'd care to share. It's the recommended treatment for my 83 year old mother, who's battling both Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She's already had 12 cycles o...
  Posted
Can a GYN administer small doses of chemotherapy for a cancerous ovarian tumor, or do I have to go to an oncologist?
  Posted
1571338 tn?1296296463
my sister had breast lump which was operated on , the diagnosis... shows that features are consistent with an invasive moderately differentiated duct cercinoma in a fibrocystic background. so the doctor adviced the it is an early s...
  Posted
264233 tn?1216345915
i have been dx wiyh a poorly defined carcinoma on the liver at 4x's the largest being 4.1cm the other 2.0 or less. i have the gambit of blood tests mri ct scans pet scan an upper and lower gi and have few hot spots showing up.. the o...
  Posted
Iam onclogy nurse if i pregnant it will affect my baby? What this effect if there is?
  Posted
My father has prostate cancer and is doing chemo. This morning, my mother was trying to get him up to take him to see his dr. He could get moving to go. My mother called for an ambulance to come and get him and take him to the hospital. ...
  Posted
I know that chemotherapy uses chemicals to treat cancer, but don't certain chemicals also start cancer? Is chemotherapy a situation where we fight fire with fire?
  Posted
My mom had a MediPort installed about 4 weeks ago and ever since her back has been hurting really bad. I don't know if that's a reaction or that's something else. She has Angioimmunoblastic Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Cancer. I'm really worr...
  Posted
Greetings - I'm a male and have had hair transplants. I made need to undergo chemo (not above the neck). I've searched all over and can't find an answer to the question "Does transplanted hair grow back after chemo?" Anyone been down tha...
  Posted
I am very lucky, stage 1B lung cancer removed, having four treatments of chemo, however, the thrush I am having is unbearable. I hope not to sound unresonable, but I can take the pain and sickness over the uncomfortableness of this situa...
  Posted
I'm doing peg-interferon alpha 2a for hep c. Even though the dose is smaller than cancer patients, it's horrible. More people need to b straight with facts. Docs give a rundown, but only those who have done it can relate. Anyone else can...
  Posted
463897 tn?1448485050
Hi, FREE Moody Me - Mood Diary and Tracker iPhone App Have more happy days! Track your mood with the Moody Me mood tracker app to find out what makes you feel good. Log your mood, note what affects it and record any treatments yo...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chemotherapy Community Resources