Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Chiari Malformation Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

1 - 20 (of 11278) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello All ~ I was diagnosed in March with Chiari Malformation Type I. I have yet to see the neurologist, with the appointment being June 6th. I was diagnosed after a long period of debilitating migraines. My doctor sent me for an MRI ...
  Posted
17381045 tn?1456178169
ALONE? I the only one fighting for my life work chiari malformation AND a pineal brain cyst??? Please I'd love to hear from others experiencing both of these rare brain conditions or either. I'm dying because I can't get the help I need ...
  Posted
my sons MRI scan got sent to neurology they have come back with this cerebellar tonsils descend by 5mm, is this chirai ? does anyone know please
  Posted
I was diagnosed 4-21-16 with Severe Type 1 Chiari and will have surgery when all pre-op tests (EKG, X-ray, bloodwork and a complete spine MRI) are done. I also have DDD and Spinal Stenosis and applied for disability before my Chiari dia...
  Posted
Hi I'm new to the whole Chiari 1 malfunction world as I was barely told today that I had it. Something that was a shock to me at first but definitely explained a lot from stuff that happened in the past. My question tho is if the malfunc...
  Posted
Hi I was wondering if anybody can help me with this problem I have. I have Chiari 1 malformation and once I found out I had it, I have been having trouble figuring out how to go through my daily life with not affecting it or my neck. I d...
  Posted
847512 tn?1272570662
Hi everyone, I just wanted to see what everyone's average recovery time was after surgery to at least feel back up to par to manage going back to work. I am seriously considering moving up the date of my surgery. The last few days have ...
  Posted
I just last week had a posterior fossa decompression and duraplasty. Have an expanding syrinx at c7, and cine MIR showed obstructed flow posterior. Chiari itself is bordeline 1. My neurosurgeon, who doesn't explain much, said i had a rea...
  Posted
Got results from brain MRI yesterday and I am devastated! He said no Chiari! Brain atrophy! Will be doing spinal tap in a couple of weeks. My question is.....do I ask someone else to read this MRI? I have all the symptoms of Chi...
  Posted
This is my first post in a forum or support group.This forum pops up recurrently if I am searching for something Chiari related so thank you for being here. I am 21 days post-op. The occipital, frontal, temple area headaches are intracta...
  Posted
Hi everyone! I'm 9 months post-op (decompression, laminectomy, and duraplasty). I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with extreme fatigue AFTER their decompression. I was not really affected by fatigue before my surgery, but over the...
  Posted
Hi everyone! I'm new here. My 6yo daughter is 3 weeks post op and 1 week since a csf leak. Her ns restitched her at the time of the leak and out her in bed rest. We haven't had anymore leaking, just some swelling that comes and goes. Las...
  Posted
Just thought I'd share a little story that made me shake my head and laugh. I needed to have a biopsy of my thyroid done and a radiologist performed it. I made a comment that I was more nervous about lying with my neck extended for 15...
  Posted
I had my 6 month MRI and post op appointment and found out I do have mild to moderate craniocervical instability and most likely occult tethered cord, neither bad enough for surgery at the moment. I can't help but wonder if I was fused ...
  Posted
i just saw my ns for a follow up appt to review my mris and cine, my spinal fluid is not flowing properly! But I have on syrinx at this time ! My ns is leaving the surgery up to me! Iam confused and don't know what to do can someone plea...
  Posted
Hey everyone, new here. I'll start with my issues... 1. type 1.5 chiari with 14 mm descent 2. Basilar invagination 3. platybasia 4. cranio cervical flexion deformity and a craniectomy/c1 laminectomy 2 years ago. When I had the d...
  Posted
Hi all, I was here some time back looking for some support and answers after I had a questionable MRI. I saw a neurosurgeon familiar with chiari; I had the cine flow and c-spine MRIs just recently with return visit today. He told me t...
  Posted
I'm 5 days post op, so far so good. I am off the narcotics. Right now the annoying stiff feeling of the patch/insision is bothering me. About how long before it starts to feel more normal? I can't turn my head more than a few degrees eit...
  Posted
4 days ago I had surgery. Now I have more severe vertigo. I can do stuff I couldn't do before, such as stand in one leg but walking is hard. Is this normal? NS seems not concerned at all and says surgery went perfect. When I brough this ...
  Posted
I have been dealing with Arnold chiarimalformation since I was 13 I'm now 24. I've finally found a NS who will listen and recommends the decompression surgery.I'm nervous and worried. I haven't been able to find really anything on the re...
  Posted
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
cracker420 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 30
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
The_Marine_Corp_Brat, and selmaS commented on The_Marine_Corp_Brat's status
Apr 27
Blank
Ladytruth01 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 24
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
Allentown, PA
1306714 tn?1327260680
Blank
muskegon, MI
Blank
7530528 tn?1428275172
Blank
TX