Aa
A
A
Close

Chiari Malformation Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

1 - 20 (of 11139) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
16744917_tn?1451270439
I was wondering if it is possible to have a sf leak without a huge bulge. Background : I am a month out from surgery, also have syringomyelia. Two new hard knots on my scar with a little leaking. Not much about the size of a dime. It was...
gjjl | Last answer
Sorry for airing all my woes. Ibe been through a lot this month and sadly it's easy to talk to you guys here. Last month my son left for deployment and I also had to say goodbye to my sweet dog Ruby. I just kinda feel a bit lost and sad ...
KerriC1 | Last answer
I was curious, after watching a series of lectures online by Dr. Bolognese, something else popped out at me. All my MRI's show retroflexed odontoid...the degree of angle I'm not sure if it said (or I missed it in the written reports). Bu...
Emme80 | Last answer
Has anyone with Chiari experience head pressure?
devdev1 | Last comment
1679858_tn?1346768781
I was diagnosed at 48, five years ago. My herniation is 11-13mm. I have had approx five mri's since my diagnosis and they have not shown any changes in the herniation. All have shown good flow around the herniation which is triangular in...
lynnbrook177 | Last answer
Hi. I am 16 years old, and my symptoms started 2 months ago, with a migraine. It went on for a wee or two, and I finally went to the hospital, and they figured it was rebound headaches from naproxen I had been taking for a shoulder inju...
Endeavour33 | Last answer
Opinions please, from people diagnosed with a reduced CSF flow. And from those who have had surgery because of it. Or anyone who had advice. I am 61 years old. My Chiari is only 1.5 mm. My last MRI said I have a mild reduction in CSF ...
poosygirl | Last answer
I was diagnosed with Chiari about 5 years ago. My tonsils were 25mm long. I had two surgeries in 2 months because the first patch on the dura leaked. I now have all the symptoms back. I got a EMG from the neurologist which shows nerv...
katheryn913 | Last answer
4760166_tn?1398360913
Hi guys ... I'm scheduled to have my shunt revised / replaced on the 17th ... but for the past couple months or more I've had a low grade fever (I usually run about 97. it's been 99 - 100 ... not even worth a doctor visit) and really th...
The_beat_goes_on | Last comment
I had my decompression surgery on feb. 16 and was readmitted to the hospital one week after being discharged for a csf leak from my dura patch. I had a second surgery yesterday to repair it and woke up with the back of my head numb. I ...
aaa222 | Last answer
1667208_tn?1333111449
Just curious if anyone has tried the stockings because I am frustrated with the high heart rate but don't want meds. They are SO expensive that I don't want to waste money and I don't know about how tight they should be and how high?? I...
zygy2 | Last answer
1679858_tn?1346768781
Hi all, Last night I woke up feeling strong pressure around my ears and throat. It felt as though my throat was closing up. I felt pressure and pain on the back of my tongue/throat, my mouth was dry despite lots of hydration during th...
lynnbrook177 | Last answer
Hi everyone I am 36 year old mom of 6. I have POTS and EHlers Danlos Syndrome recently diagnosed with Chiari. 8.5 MM tonsil. I suffer from SO MANY symptoms which could be EDS, POTS or even this. My scans showed all good except c4 and c5 ...
Georgiag111 | Last answer
Hi, I was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation Type 1 in late December of 2015 and boy has it been a whirlwind. I am 18 and have been experiencing symptoms since I was 13. Doctors never really took me seriously, but my mom insisted to have...
jamersonli | Last answer
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good doctor in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. I hear Jefferson hospital is good but who do I see? Thanks in advance
Jmv8008 | Last answer
How can I locate the list of physicians experienced with Chiari treatment that has been referenced by other users? Tried several search options without success. I am new to this community.
BBSweet1952 | Last answer
I was diagnoised with Chiari Malformation 1, 8 years ago I am now starting to have real bad headaches and my arms and hands and legs and feet have started going numb and tingling really bad also I have insomnia real bad, I am trying to ...
Normalee69 | Last answer
906843_tn?1245212494
HI guys, I've had Chiari and been battleing the Dr's here for several several years, hunting and searching suffering insurance and medical ignorance. Today I was told the ONLY hope for me is a spinal cord stimulator. implanted, in my bo...
ThePeachy1 | Last answer
1069888_tn?1421940341
Ok... I know! I have been absent for a while! My tail is between my legs... I have a question for all of you. This has happened in the past, but it becoming increasingly more frequent. When I swallow, something is moving in my t...
laratterman | Last answer
1069888_tn?1421940341
Selma, can you bump the doctors list please? I need to see if there are any NS and NL around Dayton or Columbus that have a clue with regard to everything. Thank you!!!
laratterman | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4760166_tn?1398360913
Blank
The_beat_goes_on, and gjjl commented on gjjl's status
7 hrs ago
16744917_tn?1451270439
Blank
gjjl I have a leak and now am ha... Comment
7 hrs ago