Aa
A
A
Close

Chiari Malformation Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

1 - 20 (of 11143) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
How can I locate the list of physicians experienced with Chiari treatment that has been referenced by other users? Tried several search options without success. I am new to this community.
BBSweet1952 | Last comment
Hello I had a cervical MRI due to a fall 6 months ago in which I have stiffness and pain in the back of my neck. The MRI says " punctate hydromyelia within the cervical cord centered at c7. likely incidental". also " central c5-6 disc...
DUSTY163 | Posted
Hi, my name is David. I went through surgery on the 21st of Jan and I had to go through surgery to decompress the fluid caused by Chiari Malformation, which the doctors claimed I had growing up, but had no symptoms till after I fell at w...
1982David34 | Last answer
Has anyone with Chiari experience head pressure?
devdev1 | Last answer
Sorry for airing all my woes. Ibe been through a lot this month and sadly it's easy to talk to you guys here. Last month my son left for deployment and I also had to say goodbye to my sweet dog Ruby. I just kinda feel a bit lost and sad ...
KerriC1 | Last answer
Opinions please, from people diagnosed with a reduced CSF flow. And from those who have had surgery because of it. Or anyone who had advice. I am 61 years old. My Chiari is only 1.5 mm. My last MRI said I have a mild reduction in CSF ...
poosygirl | Last answer
Hi, well it's been a while since I was here last and my how things have changed. Just to give a short history I was (Diagnosed) if you can call it that With Chiari 1 back in Nov. of 2011 By a neurologist that really only told me tha...
captal | Last answer
16744917_tn?1451270439
I was wondering if it is possible to have a sf leak without a huge bulge. Background : I am a month out from surgery, also have syringomyelia. Two new hard knots on my scar with a little leaking. Not much about the size of a dime. It was...
gjjl | Last answer
1674412_tn?1318872468
I have been having numbness and tingleing in my arms, hands, legs, and feet, sometimes they even turn blue I also have a burning pain in my upper back and accross my shoulders that also goes down to my arms and hands and then it goes...
Angelasuejesse | Last answer
1069888_tn?1421940341
Recently, my disability insurance company has informed me that I have to have an IME for reconsideration of benefits. First they wanted to send me to an occupational therapist. I told them I didn't think this person would have a clue w...
laratterman | Last answer
1679858_tn?1346768781
I was diagnosed at 48, five years ago. My herniation is 11-13mm. I have had approx five mri's since my diagnosis and they have not shown any changes in the herniation. All have shown good flow around the herniation which is triangular in...
lynnbrook177 | Last answer
620923_tn?1452919248
Hi All, in order to post a Prayer Thread for you, please post your date here on this thread so we know u would like one. Know/No it does not need to be surgery for Chiari, it can be for anything.....and know we will keep u in our th...
selmaS | Last comment
2144912_tn?1336273613
There is a high possibility that I will be having decompression surgery for CM- Type1 within the next month. I have read all sorts of recovery stories, mostly with very lengthy recoveries... please share with me your story! I am new to t...
HoTtMaMa_SuNnI | Last answer
510038_tn?1455226819
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has had any pain in their ribs or sides. This has been a new area of pain for me in the last 2 weeks or so. A little background, I do have a syrinx. As of an MRI 6 months ago, it was beginning to get l...
oops1990 | Last answer
I was curious, after watching a series of lectures online by Dr. Bolognese, something else popped out at me. All my MRI's show retroflexed odontoid...the degree of angle I'm not sure if it said (or I missed it in the written reports). Bu...
Emme80 | Last answer
Hi. I am 16 years old, and my symptoms started 2 months ago, with a migraine. It went on for a wee or two, and I finally went to the hospital, and they figured it was rebound headaches from naproxen I had been taking for a shoulder inju...
Endeavour33 | Last answer
I was diagnosed with Chiari about 5 years ago. My tonsils were 25mm long. I had two surgeries in 2 months because the first patch on the dura leaked. I now have all the symptoms back. I got a EMG from the neurologist which shows nerv...
katheryn913 | Last answer
4760166_tn?1398360913
Hi guys ... I'm scheduled to have my shunt revised / replaced on the 17th ... but for the past couple months or more I've had a low grade fever (I usually run about 97. it's been 99 - 100 ... not even worth a doctor visit) and really th...
The_beat_goes_on | Last comment
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good doctor in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. I hear Jefferson hospital is good but who do I see? Thanks in advance
Jmv8008 | Last answer
I had my decompression surgery on feb. 16 and was readmitted to the hospital one week after being discharged for a csf leak from my dura patch. I had a second surgery yesterday to repair it and woke up with the back of my head numb. I ...
aaa222 | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
620923_tn?1452919248
Blank
Emme80, and selmaS commented on gjjl's status
52 mins ago
Blank
Emme80 commented on gjjl's status
54 mins ago
620923_tn?1452919248