Aa
A
A
Close

Chiari Malformation Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

61 - 80 (of 11133) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
i was wondering others experience with people's reaction from loved ones or how said loved ones have said hurtful things as you face this condition (and other conditions that you unfortunately may have) I ask this because my brother ha...
Emme80 | Last answer
Hi SelmaS..(and everyone else) Just thought I would leave a quick update on my surgery, it is 6 weeks tomorrow since it happened. On the day I had my Chiari decompression in Wollongong, 1 hour out of Sydney, Australia. The surgeon was v...
SWW16 | Last answer
16744917_tn?1451270439
Hello, everyone. I was wondering if anyone had the same symptom after surgery. I'm a little under 2 weeks out from my surgery and today I started this odd symptom. It feels like a knife is ny head, not beside my staples but way high in t...
gjjl | Last comment
16744917_tn?1451270439
Hello, everyone! ! I had my first surgery the 29th and I have some numbness of the tongue. I was wondering if any of you have experienced this and if it's normal. I am a newbie to this group and actually really like this support group! M...
gjjl | Last comment
I am a 25 year old male and I had decompression surgery 6 months ago. I am still suffering severe pain in my neck and shoulders and heavily depend on pain relief (Endone) I feel like I am never going to be normal again. Has anyone had th...
Nuggin1983 | Last answer
Hi. My name is Amber. I was diagnosed with CM1, syringomyelia (C1-C10), and syringobulbia in March of 2015 after having MRI to check for MS because I was having muscle weakness in my legs, ankles, and hands. I was also having severe exer...
Shannsam | Last answer
Hello again!!!! I'm sorry for such a delay in responding to my ongoing "brick" situation. My NS did say that the "brick" was perhaps related to the "big squishy" (collected fluids) from where he harvested the tissue for dura patch. He's ...
Emme80 | Last answer
Hi everyone. Does anyone have a basic ball park idea of what the NS's fee is, not including hospital stay, anesthesia etc-- only the NS fees? I have pretty good insurance and everything will be covered in network, except the NS alone...
Blueghost | Last answer
979826_tn?1389039958
But, the difference is already amazing! there is so much pain! but i can tell i made 100% the right decision! i am sooooooooo much straighter, like my neck doesn't stick out anymore! I have no more Dystonia! Praise the Lord! Now I just n...
soccero | Last answer
Hi. I have a 16 month old daughter who has had swallowing problems since birth. SInce 8 months old I have been trying to get doctors to realize something is wrong. We have had scopes and swallow studies done now to confirm she has a swal...
haney10616 | Last answer
I have been seen, or had an MRI review from, about about 2 NL and 3 NS. I have a ton of symptoms and will meet with a Chiari expert next week who stated my MRI was significantly abnormal. Both NL and two NS said my MRI confirms Chiari ...
Blueghost | Last answer
I was diagnosed in August 2015 with CM 1. My main complaint is intense migraines that can last for days. Over the past couple of months new symptoms have started coming on. Bad neck/ shoulder pain, stuttering, choking on food... Anyways ...
Lizinator33 | Last answer
Hi. I am 16 years old, and my symptoms started 2 months ago, with a migraine. It went on for a wee or two, and I finally went to the hospital, and they figured it was rebound headaches from naproxen I had been taking for a shoulder inju...
Endeavour33 | Last answer
One week post op. Anterior cervical disc fusion - 3 levels. Painful lump on side of neck with incision and Doctor is not answering questions until 2 week office appointment. What is this ??
KateMoore | Last answer
I've been trying not to let this get to me but I'm just so tired of feeling like this. My poor husband is the one who usually has to listen to me complain. And as much as he tries he doesn't quite comprehend how it feels. I just wanna...
KerriC1 | Last answer
Is anyone receiving treatment at Duke Medical Center? I am four years post decompression and I need a neurologist. I would prefer Duke because my brother lives in Durham,NC.
shae252 | Last answer
i was diagnosed in 2011, had decompression surgery in 2013, and 14 months later started experiencing head pain, increasingly the headaches are back in full force...MRI in march 2015...csf moving fine but why do i still have this pain?NS ...
trixie10271 | Last answer
For a year I've been having episodes of on going pressure in my head. The pressure comes when I laugh, cough anything I pretty much do. It has gotten so bad I would attempt to relieve the pressure by putting my hands on my head on both s...
Airbrushdnstaind | Last answer
1679858_tn?1346768781
Just curious. I always feel extreme fatigue and head pressure, like I can't possibly do any more, by the evening. I wonder if this is chiari or a degenerative disc neck issue. Do any of you experience this elevated pressure and fatigue f...
lynnbrook177 | Last answer
16744917_tn?1451270439
Hello, I am having surgery in a few days. This all happened so quickly I am still processing everything. I am just looking for advice for the surgery. Everything went so quick I feel like I maybe missing valuable information or insight. ...
gjjl | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
16744917_tn?1451270439
Blank
gjjl have to have an MRI with a ... Comment
1 hr ago
Blank
Georgiag111 commented on photo
5 hrs ago
620923_tn?1452919248