Aa
A
A
Close

Chiari Malformation Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

81 - 100 (of 11139) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I was diagnosed in August 2015 with CM 1. My main complaint is intense migraines that can last for days. Over the past couple of months new symptoms have started coming on. Bad neck/ shoulder pain, stuttering, choking on food... Anyways ...
Lizinator33 | Last answer
One week post op. Anterior cervical disc fusion - 3 levels. Painful lump on side of neck with incision and Doctor is not answering questions until 2 week office appointment. What is this ??
KateMoore | Last answer
I've been trying not to let this get to me but I'm just so tired of feeling like this. My poor husband is the one who usually has to listen to me complain. And as much as he tries he doesn't quite comprehend how it feels. I just wanna...
KerriC1 | Last answer
Is anyone receiving treatment at Duke Medical Center? I am four years post decompression and I need a neurologist. I would prefer Duke because my brother lives in Durham,NC.
shae252 | Last answer
i was diagnosed in 2011, had decompression surgery in 2013, and 14 months later started experiencing head pain, increasingly the headaches are back in full force...MRI in march 2015...csf moving fine but why do i still have this pain?NS ...
trixie10271 | Last answer
For a year I've been having episodes of on going pressure in my head. The pressure comes when I laugh, cough anything I pretty much do. It has gotten so bad I would attempt to relieve the pressure by putting my hands on my head on both s...
Airbrushdnstaind | Last answer
1679858_tn?1346768781
Just curious. I always feel extreme fatigue and head pressure, like I can't possibly do any more, by the evening. I wonder if this is chiari or a degenerative disc neck issue. Do any of you experience this elevated pressure and fatigue f...
lynnbrook177 | Last answer
16744917_tn?1451270439
Hello, I am having surgery in a few days. This all happened so quickly I am still processing everything. I am just looking for advice for the surgery. Everything went so quick I feel like I maybe missing valuable information or insight. ...
gjjl | Last answer
16816893_tn?1451726991
I am feeling very overwhelmed and in desperate need of some advice. I was diagnosed with chiari malformation when I was 17 years old. I am now 26 and recently was diagnosed with springomyelia. I met with a neurosurgeon in Marquette, Mich...
readytobecome | Last answer
I was about to go to bed, and I looked at the corner of my room. I heard a click in my ear, then a plane- (like its about to take off) sound was in my ear. I look down, I get a sharp pain, a click, then it's gone? ?!?! What is this? ...
VeronicaM1992 | Last answer
7205189_tn?1447798338
I saw a neurologist who specializes in POTS and he believes that it is important to do the tilt table test to rule it out. I've only actually fainted a few times, but I definitely have all of the symptoms of POTS and have come close to ...
NicoleAdia | Last answer
So back in late August I saw a geneticist, one of the best in the world, and she diagnosed me with Elhers Danlos Syndrome type 3, POTS, mast cell activation disorder and after getting imaging back in mid September, a Chiari Malformation ...
Jayneisthebest | Last answer
My son has severe migraines, cam you guys tell me if this like he has Chiari malformation?
mom2preston | Last answer
Are all headaches caused by Chiari located in the same place?
Robinsteury | Last answer
I have Chiari Malformation 1 @ 10mm.The decompression surgery is to remove bone so that my cerebral tonsils will have room. My MRI shows most of my bone already gone. What will they put in place of the bone? Is there a mesh or something...
Mertieanderson | Last answer
I was diagnosed with chiari in 2010 it was 4mm over the past 5 years it's been a struggle with off and on symptoms but now im having severe headaches ringing in my ears tingling and numbness in my hands and feet and had 3 episodes now...
annetteleo | Last answer
I posted here a little over a year ago and y'all were very helpful... 4 years ago I had an MRI that reported 'slightly like lying cerebellar tonsils' but that it was just incidental. Last year another MRI said low lying but still no numb...
Allisonw2001 | Last answer
620923_tn?1452919248
Hi ALL please wear your purple tomorrow Dec 29th to help gain awareness for Chiari and support our new friend as she heads in for surgery. Sending Good Vibes ~~~~~ and prayers to her and all in charge of her care. and sending heali...
selmaS | Last answer
I went to the ER the other day and was told after having a CAT scan I have Chiari. I have been trying to read up on it. I have alot of the symptoms well all of them however when I was 8 years old I had two head injury so I blame most of ...
Jwills133 | Last answer
I recently got sent to get an MRI by my ent to find out the cause of both central and peripheral vertigo as well as some ear and migraine problems. The MRI report says "cerebellar tonsillar ectopia up to 12mm", so does this mean that it ...
charlie_14 | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4760166_tn?1398360913
Blank
gjjl, and The_beat_goes_on commented on gjjl's status
50 mins ago
16744917_tn?1451270439
Blank
gjjl I have a leak and now am ha... Comment
55 mins ago