Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

chd child with AD?

My son has Hypoplasic Left Heart and Pulmonary Hypertension, also has a duplication of Chromosome 1.  He can't consintrate on any one subject for very  long and is always more interested what is going on around him instead of what he should be doing.  He is on Lasix, Lanoxin, Vasotec, KCL and was wondering if any of these drugs would have this effect on him or if I should get him tested for AD.  He also hits and disiplining him doen't help.

Thankyou,
Cheri
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242606 tn?1243782648
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Dear Cheri,

This situation warrants evaluation by a pediatric behavioral health professional. You will, in all probability, see improvement with the implementation of a systematic behavior management plan. The clinician can collaborate with you to develop this.
Helpful - 0
Kris is 4 years old.  It has worsened.  I have PCA's come in and help me and he hits them, more when they have to go home or don't do what he wants done.  He doesn't hit at school, but he doesn't
pay attention to the teachers and more interested in watching what is going on elsewhere.  The teachers even touch his chin to try to get him to pay attention and it doesn't help  I have cut down to one PCA instead of two, and she only comes one day a week and every other Saturday and that has helped some what.  But I could really use the help.  I have two children with HLHS, his sister is 22 months and just starting to walk and getting into everything.
Helpful - 0
242606 tn?1243782648
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Dear Cheri,

How old is your son? Have you witnessed a course in the development of his condition? Has it been persistent? Has it worsened? Is it evident across settings - at home, in school, etc.? It does not sound like the medications are the cause of his problems, but there's not enough information to know.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Child Behavior Forum

Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments