Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Grandson has temper problems

My 10 year old grandson who is above average in intellgence and athletic ability sometimes is uncontrolable. He can't stand not to succeed in any endeaver, he goes off when he can't get his own way.His dad has consulted a therapist but I'm concerned that it may be  a chemical inbalance. His mother had some mental problems,and finally killed her self. His father has so far kept this information from his son. I fear that the boy's action are getting to be more self distructive.Any suggestions. My son knows nothing of this inquiry.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242606 tn?1243782648
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
With the combination of the family history and your grandson's symptoms, it is possible that he dispays a mood disorder and that his temper dyscontrol may be a symptom of such. On the other hand, such behavior can typify children who display disruptive behavior disorders or impulse control problems and who benefit from a systematic program of behavior management. His dad could talk this over with a mental health clinician who can offer guidance about the behavior and figure out if it will be useful to evaluate your grandson. It will be unwise to sit on this, because such temper dyscontrol generally does not improve spontaneously.
Helpful - 0
hi, so sorry about ur daughter-in-law. i could totally be way off base, but could he possibly have some form of autism?
how long has this been going on? did it just start when his mother passed away. i know how it feels, my boyfriend and father of my 2 kids, mother just killed herself last feb. i'm still in the anger faze mysekf but at least the healing faze has started.
Helpful - 0
i added a comment. who has the power to remove them.
but anyways hope u got it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Child Behavior Forum

Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments