Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

My son's bad temper

I have lost control of my 15 year old son. He has a real bad temper ,he hollow's at me and saids that he doesn't half to do any thing that i tell him , then he leaves and slam,s the door.I am a single Mother and have raised my childen by myself.I have tryed takeing thing,s from him but this does not seems to help. Please help me.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242606 tn?1243782648
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You should arrange an evaluation with a clinician who specializes in the treatment of adolescents. The clinician can help figure out what is happening - e.g., 'normal' adolescent defiance (that must be managed, even if it is normal) vs an organized emotional disorder (e.g., mood disorder). The clinician can also work with you to develop a planful vs ad hoc manner of managing your son's behavior.
Helpful - 1
358699 tn?1297646442
A related discussion, Unable to manage angry 15 year old was started.
Helpful - 0
my son is on 1mg of respidal  but only 1mg which is a VERY small dose and it seems to help , he actually is happier and smiles alot more , i did see a big difference , now he still has his moments but not like before , he is also on adderall but the difference came with respidal . from what i here 10 mg is normal so with him only being on 1 mg i feel alot better maybe he isnt as angry as others are. If you want you can email me or post back here, ***@****
Helpful - 0
I am interested in knowing which medication your son is on for anger/aggression, for how long, how effective it is, any side effects, etc. If you care to send separate email, you can use ***@****.  Thanks.
Helpful - 0
hi there i need some information how to control my son tyler temper how to tell him to control his temper at school
Helpful - 0
hi there i need some information about bad tempers my son is controling and losing his temper at school he  does not listen to the teacher he hits me and also he controls me when he is mad please help me i don't know what to do
Helpful - 0
I know how you feel , i have a 12 year old son and a 7 year old daughter my son has a anger problem and has hit me to he does get out of control BUT he is on medicine for anger now and it seems to help
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Child Behavior Forum

Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments