Aa
A
A
Close

Cholesterol Community

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

1 - 20 (of 324) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I'm a 46 year old male, 155 lbs. Around 2007 I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. My LDL was 160 and total was 224, so at the advice of my doctor, I started taking simvastatin, 40mg. The first few weeks I paid a...
  Posted
Does anyone have any healthy food recipes that are low in cholesterol? I want to eat healthy while also taking medication.
  Posted
I am 35 year old unmarried female, i am 5feet 2 inch and my current weight is 63 kg/ 140 ib after one year dieting started when i was 77 kg.I have high cholestrol and high LDL issue in genes (my father had high cholestrol with high bp is...
  Posted
I am very confused. I had some blood work done back in November and my overall cholesterol was around 160 or so. I just had some recent blood work done and my results are crazy: Overall: 236 LDL: 134 HDL: 176 Tri: 208 I have a...
  Posted
Does anyone have any advice on how to get their prescriptions at a discount or at least cheaper? The current costs are killing my wallet...
  Posted
Hi , Please find below for the details HDL 26 LDL 70 VHDL 50 triglycerides 290 Should i take medication or will i able to control it with food and exercise? Thanks in advance
  Posted
1236893 tn?1408490528
'Good fat,' low cholesterol, may actually be bad for you http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/12/health/vegetable-oil-heart-health-cholesterol-saturated-fats/index.html
  Posted
I have been on synthroid for over 12 years for hypothryroidism. My levels have been kept within normal limits with a few changes in dosage while I get older. Recently, my cholesterol level was 291. I am lean, run 3 miles per day and e...
  Posted
This is the first time report shows me i have much cholestrol more. Its reported that,i have Serum cholestrol:230 Mg. i know its not serious. Its only a starting stage. But i never take care of my health. But i have an allery of using f...
  Posted
463897 tn?1448485050
If you would like to become a Community Leader, please send a message to me at MH Community Mgr. Here's a link for more info regarding what our Community Leaders do on the site: https://medhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202534285...
  Posted
I need some help to understand the medication prescribed to my mother due to her high cholesterol (for last 2 years). Patient information: 60 years old, Female, 5 ft height, 81 lb weight. I am giving the complete history below but...
  Posted
I am 40 year old male and my hdl is 36 and ldl is 211. I have had some shortness of breath and chest pains is this a bad sign?
  Posted
Hi everybody. Cholesterol is a new health issue for me, among many other new health issues. Could anyone tell me just how bad these numbers are, and if it's possible for me to turn them around as I continue my new diet and exercise pl...
  Posted
Saw this article and thought it was relevant. It looks at the link between heart disease and cholesterol (and even eggs!). http://www.abqjournal.com/736334/health/a-fresh-look-at-heart-disease-cholesterol.html
  Posted
714128 tn?1249139986
I started taking fish oil supplements about a year and a half ago because I was told that it would help support a healthy heart and I hate fish. My cholesterol and triglycerides were both normal when I added the supplement to my daily re...
  Posted
I take fenofibrate 160mgm along with lovastatin 40mgm daily. Could they be causing muscle pains all over my body? This discussion is related to What are the withdrawal symptoms from stopping Fenofibrate 160 mgm..
  Posted
I had blood test in mid 2014 and early 2015 and recently I had another one. My results about the cholestrerol: Total: 5.7 in 2014, 5.0 in 2015, and now 6.0 HDL: 0.9 in 2014, 1.0 in 2015, and now 1.5 LDL: 2.7 in 2014, 2.9 in 2015, an...
  Posted
I got my blood results. Cholestrol is 147 HDL is 39 LDL is 76 Triglycerides is 156 I am 59 years old - excercise went down from long distance running regularly to walking 3 or 4 times a week for 45 minuutes due to back ache. W...
  Posted
I haven't tested my cholesterol yet but seeing my tummy and weight I can be pretty sure that I have high cholesterol. I daily eat large amount of cheese and products made of myoneese and zero exercise not even walking for half meter I ...
  Posted
I recently received biometric results indicating that a couple of markers were well below the normal. Should I be concerned and if so, what are the recommended next steps? My Results are as follows: Creatinine 12.6. Normal range is 27....
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cholesterol Community Resources
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
erijon