Aa
A
A
Close
Cholesterol Community
Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.
1 - 20 (of 413) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I have been exercising almost everyday for 2 hours (Tennis) and eat healthy food (salad mainly with no meat) M-F, and I reserve weeke...
3 answers |
Tbd
HJO_External User
I'm hypersensitive to several cholesterol medications. They usually cause severe muscle pain and weakness.
6 answers |
5536886 tn?1455830946
I'm not sure about you, but I've been so confused on the 'good' and 'bad' cholesterol information- I understand the blood test results wi...
4 answers | 2 comments |
Dear all, should i continue the multivitamins as vit a can be dangerous for my liver and currently I have high liver enzymes Hi all, r...
2 answers |
225237 tn?1333142599
Ok, I just had a re-check of my cholesterol and my total cholesterol is down but my triglycerides are up (259?)!!!! My doctor wants to re...
8 answers | 1 comment |
Tbd
tpbellMDExternal User
NONE. No change in heart attack or stroke. Trig above 400 prevent LDL calculations.
Tbd
SherGordExternal User
I eat vegetables and baked fish and chicken periodically but my good cholesterol is lower than desired and my bad is higher.
1 answer |
Tbd
CarmenGiaExternal User
My habits have me eating out every morning on the way to work, picking up a biscuit and hash browns. :( Delicious, but bad for cholestero...
8 answers |
Hello! Hope someone can help me interpret below data: SGOT - 37 U/L SGPT - 133 U/L triglycerides - 3/06 mmol/L VLDL - 1.39 mmol/L ...
1 answer |
Tbd
TcopeExternal User
I have been on Zocor for 10+ years.
1 answer |
Tbd
randomTExternal User
What are the best foods to help lower LDL levels?
1 answer |
Tbd
NSS77External User
I saw a new documentary on Netflix called, "What the Health". It was very eye opening. Have you seen it? What do you think?
2 answers |
5536886 tn?1455830946
I read some articles this weekend about almonds- recent studies show that they can raise your HDL (good cholesterol) and help your body r...
Tbd
redockeryExternal User
Looking for essential oils?
1 answer | 1 comment |
My husband is 29 years old, very fit, and works out regularly (but all weights, very little cardio). He recently got bloodwork done and ...
7 answers | 3 comments |
Tbd
merringExternal User
I have been on medication for a couple of months now and walking several days a week. I have also been watching what I eat. My Cholestero...
7 answers |
4849766 tn?1391042293
Happy anniversary erijon- thank you for your service as a CL!  Please take a moment to reach out to erijon, and give a shout out for h...
1 answer |
5536886 tn?1455830946
Researches at the University of Alberta recently discovered that there might be a link to high cholesterol and a low calcium level. More...
2 answers |
So, I recently found out my bad cholesterol is at 223. Not good at all. I started on crestor, than realized I am ttc and starting not fee...
1 answer |
Tbd
cbh0089External User
How do I read HDL and LDL and overall cholesterol when you are on modified diets?
8 answers | 4 comments |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight.
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
RESH68 joined this community
Welcome them!
Sep 07
Blank
Blank
Lindyajk commented on period after natural ...
Jun 09
Cholesterol Community Resources