Aa
A
A
Close
Cholesterol Community
Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.
1 - 20 (of 339) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1236893 tn?1408490528
Herbs and Spices Lower Triglycerides A recent study from Penn State spoke to herbs and spices value for lowering triglycerides, which so...
2 answers |
463897 tn?1468017350
Let's thank this CL for 5 years of commitment as a volunteer ambassador in the Cholesterol Community! Wow!
1 answer |
would you please inform and give suggestions for the blood test values of SGPT 51 ,SGOT 35 VLDL 68 mg/dl & alkaline phosphatase 275u/l ..
1 answer |
Hi Everyone: New to the forum here. I'm 54 years old, female, with mild hypertension (controlled by low dose of Losartan) and hypoth...
3 answers | 1 comment |
Tbd
Rlm15External User
My cholesterol level is 216. Can honey nut cheerios really lower your cholesterol.
2 answers |
Where is Cholesterol synthesized? What carries Cholesterol and fat to the Cells? What carries free cholesterol from body tissues ...
2 answers |
I recently (7/01/06) had a mild heart attack (first). On 3/25/16 my LDL (direct) was 165mg/dl. In the hospital, they drew my blood (7/02/...
Hello i would like some help please, ive been feeling bad, ok a month and a half ago i woke up in the morning to go the rr and when i got...
I've tried statins 4 times since my heart attack last May. I was put on Pravastatin in the hospital and immediately started having muscle...
41 answers | 2 comments |
Hello, I was just wondering something. I have been on a diet for 6 months. The diet itself, at first, wasn't bad. But i kind of slipped i...
2 answers |
Tbd
swilson2466External User
My HDL is 35 and always stay low and how to keep average normal?
1 answer |
So sometimes my leg and sometimes arm and sometimes even abdomen it feels like when you dump out a bottle of water vertically and the air...
hi. I'm medical student. In my lecture, my proffesor does mention that cholestrol would need at least 10 or 20 years to give effect.so if...
My Tryglecerides are reading 300 and my cholesterol is over 200, I'm on 145 mg of Tricor and my prescription went up from 20 mg. to 40 m...
1 answer | 1 comment |
I am 40 years old from Nepal. My lipid profile reading is as follows: Cholesterol 238.5 Triglycerides 466 mg/dL HDL 34.7 LDL ...
I'm 20 at the moment. I am not currently over weight but I used to be. By about 25lbs. I have good blood pressure and am healthy over all...
Does anyone have any advice on how to get their prescriptions at a discount or at least cheaper? The current costs are killing my wallet...
1 answer |
714128 tn?1249139986
I started taking fish oil supplements about a year and a half ago because I was told that it would help support a healthy heart and I hat...
19 answers | 2 comments |
I'm a 46 year old male, 155 lbs. Around 2007 I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. My LDL was 160 and total was ...
7 answers |
Does anyone have any healthy food recipes that are low in cholesterol? I want to eat healthy while also taking medication.
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cholesterol Community Resources