Aa
A
A
Close

Cholesterol Community

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

61 - 80 (of 324) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
So 3 years ago I started having issues with vocal cords, hemorrhages, nodules ect. They removed a granuloma off the vocal cords 2 years ago. My voice got progressively worse and now my voice is shot. I also have what feels like a Ch...
  Posted
hi everyone just wondering if someone educated about cholesterol can answer my question please. I recently had blood work done and my total cholesterol is at 109, i don't get it, i know i should be happy maybe, because its low but I am 3...
  Posted
I am a 61 year old female with Triglicerides in the 300's and cholesterol 222..I have Cushings disease caused by years od steroids whch I'm still due to scarred lungs. I'm also in a wheelchair and on oxygen. I can't exercise due to bad ...
  Posted
hi all. these r my new test results: ldl: 105 fbs: 104 hdl: 65 chol: 187 i am 36 year old , 182 cm and 84 kg. i exercise 3 or 4 times every week and spend about 4000-5000 colory every week and have a tight diet about sweet fat and other...
  Posted
My husband has High Cholesterol. They put him on Zocor four years ago. Before the Zocor there was NOTHING wrong with him but the cholesterol. He has now tested positive for kidney failure three years in a row and it has been getting w...
  Posted
I just had blood work done and my cholesterol is 247 and my LDL is 182 even with good diet and some exercise it has gotten worse since I quit taking statins. My mom said to try this product Choleslo from 4hfl.com. I am a 58 women 5'4" @ ...
  Posted
I have had higher cholesterol since my 30s. I have done numerous natural things to keep it as low as possible. That being said, it has never gone below 213 while using CholesLo, which is a good product but expensive. In May, my choles...
  Posted
I am on Tricor and am having back pain, knee pain, and now chest pain. I just looked it up and saw this may be due to TriCor. I can't take statins. I smoke but do not drink. Whenever I try to quit smoking my sugar goes up. There is ...
  Posted
My Tryglecerides are reading 300 and my cholesterol is over 200, I'm on 145 mg of Tricor and my prescription went up from 20 mg. to 40 mgs of Crestor; I was wondering what the possible side effects of taking these two everyday are. If...
  Posted
Hello! My 24 year old brother is suffering from NAFLD, his triglycerides(s) - 374mg/dl VLDL - 74.8mg/dl SGPT - 109u/c SGOT - 56u/c Rest of all reports are normal. Nowadays he is taking Lipicard medicine. Is there any possibility of...
  Posted
total cholesterol= 219 hdl= 54 ldl=140 trig = 114 39 years old 6.1 feet 199 pounds exercise everyday = basketball, tennis very active average blood pressure 115/70 resting heart rate avg 53 should I start statins or continue healt...
  Posted
10409378 tn?1409925797
My cholesterol was 276. Used Crestor and got it down to 180. Can I stop the Crestor but continue with the diet and exercise?
  Posted
My 60 year old uncle has had high triglycerides, cholesterol and LDL cholesterol levels since he was in his 40's and he is also mildly overweight. Over the past few years he has been trying to lower his cholesterol levels naturally, but ...
  Posted
My LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT has 136 mg%(Normal Range of Lab:85 - 1300). Do you think it can be controlled without medicines? Can you please suggest on diet and precautions for its reduction? Also My Total RBC has come above normal 5.6...
  Posted
I need help to decipher the following: I am 5'7 180 pounds. 35 Yeard old , Male. NAME RESULT UNITS TARGET RANGE Cholest Serpi-Mcnc 175 mg/dl 100-199 Hdlc Serpi-Mcnc 36 mg/dl >39 Ldlc Serpl Calc-Mcnc 106 mg/dl...
  Posted
I AM A 35 YEAR M AND 182 M AND 84 KG. i have another test 7 days ago the results was: hdl: 131 hdl: 56 cholestrol: 198 FBS: 95 URIC ACID: 5.2 BUN: 24 CREATININE: 1.38 ARE THEY OK OR NOT? ESPECIALLY CEAT & BUN
  Posted
i am a 35 year old male and 192 cm height. my recent test is is: LDL: 134 - cholostrol 217- HDL 69 AND BLOOD SUGAR 88 my weigh is now 84 kg. . my last test results at january was: ldl : 114 - blood sugar 85 and cholostrol 193. that tim...
  Posted
1236893 tn?1408490528
Cereal Killers—The Movie Contrary to popular belief, you do not get fat from eating fat. You get fat from eating too much sugar and grains Refined carbohydrates promote chronic inflammation in your body, elevate low-density LDL chol...
  Posted
Hello forum, I just completed a physical exam and my cholesterol results are scaring me. ---------------------------------------------------- CHOLESTEROL 249 HDL 49 LDL 191 TRIGLYCERIDE, 98 CHOLESTEROL, NON-HDL 200 -----------...
  Posted
Hi all. I am new here and hoping someone could help me out. I'm a young student who lives an active lifestyle. I am in the hospital working up and down various units throughout the week, I eat healthy on a 60/40-70/30 basis, and I am ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cholesterol Community Resources
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
erijon