Aa
A
A
Close

Cholesterol Community

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

101 - 120 (of 314) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Has anyone tried the supplement ChoestOff?
ireland1 | Last answer
Hi , I just got my test result as Cholestrol total 6.4 LDL 4.4 HDL 1.1 Triglyceride 2.0 i live in sydney australlia 27 years old 180cm high and 110 kilo. I Have started diet and exercise from yesterday how much can i lower this chole...
sinemaltintas75 | Last answer
I have been taking two different statin drugs that have resulted in horrible muscle pain. Can anyone suggest a Non Statin drug that has helped lower their cholesterol without any side effects? Doctor wants to try yet another statin, I ...
ireland1 | Last answer
My husband had stroke in June 2013 and that time his cholesterol was high. All the results were OK so they blamed high Cholesterol for stroke. Since June he is taking Lipitor regularly. Last week he had heart palpitations, shoulder pain ...
himgirl | Last answer
Hello,I stay in nigeria the result of my cholestrol test was 207 which was high but now I jogg everyday
kolar | Last answer
I have been on provastatin for a couple of years and have noticed very sore stiff muscles (expecially at night). My doctor has changed my medication to Crestor which I was told to first take one a week for a couple of weeks, then (2) pi...
Mace111 | Last answer
Does anyone have any experience with low cholesterol? Both of my numbers were below 60. What causes this?
Kimby34 | Posted
was on lipitor for 5 months and switched two weeks ago to simvastatin in hopes of less side effects. just got some blood work done and the liver enzymes are elevated about one and a half times normal. does anyone know if its normal to se...
Jay4471 | Last answer
Can you please share some easily available foods / fruits which help to reduce bad cholesterol in our body?
kouskund | Last answer
hi all, i'm asian, 27 years old. i have a regular check for cholesterol for this last 3 years, every 6 months, and i found that my total cholesterol and ldl level is tend to be high, while my hdl and triglycerides (trig) is normal. my...
iwanttobeheal2 | Last answer
1236893_tn?1408490528
http://www.functionalmedicineuniversity.com/public/892.cfm
gymdandee | Last answer
Just got my results back Chlorestrol 185 - Triglycerides 134 - HDL Chlorestrol 42 - LDL Cholestrol 116 Total non-HDL 143 Are these bad it had it listed as high
downperiscope | Last answer
Got bloodwork up in August LDL fine HDL at 31. Did another work up last week, LDL fine HDL at 30, too low! My doc says to lose weight & exercise but mind you, my reason for visit was a confusing/scary weight loss without effort (loss 40...
Verymotivated1 | Last answer
I am taking sazo 1.5grams everyday and tonactplus10mg everyday which has resulted in increased sgpt-95 & sgot-84.i have stopped tonact for last3 days.What should i do now to control high cholestoral.
dipan59 | Posted
I don't question whether or not they reduce cholesterol. I'm wonding if they really have the effect or the benefit that "they" have been telling us about. That is that it will reduce your chances of heart attacks etc. That is I recen...
flyingfool | Last answer
i had a cushing surgery 1 year ago and my cortisol level is 2.2 . one time goes up to 5 one time 9 and again 2. im not taking cortisol replacement, only as needed. sometimes i feel dizzy and my blood pressure is always low and if i take ...
bubullima | Posted
Hi all, I'm very worried about my fiance as he is only 23 years old but has been diagnosed with high cholesterol level. Following are his statistics: 246 Serum Cholesterol 164 LDL, 43 hdl direct 242 Serum Triglycerides ...
hinawaqar | Last answer
I'm 38 years old male, 76 kg (167lb) weight and 5ft 4inches height. I did lipid profile test and following are the numbers Total Cholesterol 242 Triglyceride 254 HDL Cholesterol 38 LDL Cholesterol 153.2 VLDL Choles...
ramesh99 | Last answer
I'm hoping someone can answer this question as I can't seem to find information on it anywhere. When you have a lipid panel done, what time period are the results reflective of? In other words, will they be reflective of my cholester...
janieann | Last answer
519736_tn?1253990426
My husband was prescribed generic lipitor about a year ago. Prior to this he was advised to use Slo Niacin. When he began the lipitor, his dr. did not tell him to stop taking the Slo Niacin. He has been taking them together daily. Last w...
thelma201 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cholesterol Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...