Aa
A
A
Close
Cholesterol Community
Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.
101 - 120 (of 352) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My 60 year old uncle has had high triglycerides, cholesterol and LDL cholesterol levels since he was in his 40's and he is also mildly ov...
4 answers |
My LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT has 136 mg%(Normal Range of Lab:85 - 1300). Do you think it can be controlled without medicines? Can you plea...
3 answers |
I need help to decipher the following: I am 5'7 180 pounds. 35 Yeard old , Male. NAME RESULT UNITS TARGET RANGE Cholest...
I AM A 35 YEAR M AND 182 M AND 84 KG. i have another test 7 days ago the results was: hdl: 131 hdl: 56 cholestrol: 198 FBS: 95 URIC...
i am a 35 year old male and 192 cm height. my recent test is is: LDL: 134 - cholostrol 217- HDL 69 AND BLOOD SUGAR 88 my weigh is now 84...
2 answers |
1236893 tn?1408490528
Cereal Killers—The Movie Contrary to popular belief, you do not get fat from eating fat. You get fat from eating too much sugar and g...
3 answers |
Hello forum, I just completed a physical exam and my cholesterol results are scaring me. ----------------------------------------------...
5 answers |
Hi all. I am new here and hoping someone could help me out. I'm a young student who lives an active lifestyle. I am in the hospital wo...
7 answers |
I have chest pain for a week now. The pain is in the middle to left side and it also hurts on the side below the underarms. My back somet...
2 answers |
HI I am a 56 year old male and been diabetic for 2 years my a1c have been 6.0 last three tests with diet ,excercise, and weight lose ( 2...
1 answer |
1236893 tn?1408490528
Navigating Nanocontainers Researchers from the University of Geneva, University Hospital of Geneva (HUG), and the University of Basel...
1 answer |
Hello, I did the lipid panel and the results came as follows: HDL 36mg/dl cLDL 173 Cholestrol 256 Trig 233 I also did the A1c...
1 answer |
Is it possible for my Cholesterol jump from 225 to 283 in less than 4 months?
5 answers |
i have a 10 year old son that weighs 52 pounds with very high cholesterol. Doctors are trying to get him into a lipid lab/cardiologist b...
2 answers |
Hi, My husband is 42 years old and have diagnosed with thyroid cancer and thyroid gland was removed this year Jan. He under the medicat...
2 answers |
.diet or medicine?.hi. i am a 35 year old male. height 182 cm and 90 kg weight. i do sport exercises 3 times a week for about 30 min. bu...
11 answers |
1236893 tn?1408490528
The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease. Are butter, cheese and steak really bad for you? The dubious science behi...
9 answers |
I hope this doesn't post twice. I hit the wrong button before I was finished and the screen went away! So, my apologies if it duplicates ...
8012558 tn?1399312257
Ever since my doctor told me I am at high risk for hard attack, diabetes, etc. I am trying to motivate myself to do something about it. ...
1 answer |
Hello, I am a 25 year old male, and I had some questions if someone would be so kind.. I had bloodwork done recently and I had some...
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cholesterol Community Resources