Aa
A
A
Close
Cholesterol Community
Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.
101 - 120 (of 342) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1236893 tn?1408490528
Navigating Nanocontainers Researchers from the University of Geneva, University Hospital of Geneva (HUG), and the University of Basel...
1 answer |
Hello, I did the lipid panel and the results came as follows: HDL 36mg/dl cLDL 173 Cholestrol 256 Trig 233 I also did the A1c...
1 answer |
Is it possible for my Cholesterol jump from 225 to 283 in less than 4 months?
5 answers |
i have a 10 year old son that weighs 52 pounds with very high cholesterol. Doctors are trying to get him into a lipid lab/cardiologist b...
2 answers |
Hi, My husband is 42 years old and have diagnosed with thyroid cancer and thyroid gland was removed this year Jan. He under the medicat...
2 answers |
.diet or medicine?.hi. i am a 35 year old male. height 182 cm and 90 kg weight. i do sport exercises 3 times a week for about 30 min. bu...
11 answers |
1236893 tn?1408490528
The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease. Are butter, cheese and steak really bad for you? The dubious science behi...
9 answers |
I hope this doesn't post twice. I hit the wrong button before I was finished and the screen went away! So, my apologies if it duplicates ...
8012558 tn?1399312257
Ever since my doctor told me I am at high risk for hard attack, diabetes, etc. I am trying to motivate myself to do something about it. ...
1 answer |
Hello, I am a 25 year old male, and I had some questions if someone would be so kind.. I had bloodwork done recently and I had some...
I was just told my HDL level was 7100. Any thoughts?
1143283 tn?1408906905
I went to have check up and blood work due to feeling tired,and my vision is getting worst,my blood work said my triglycerides had went f...
4 answers |
Hi , 2.5 months ago i had my Cholestrol test as total 6.4 LDL 4.4 HDL 1.1 Triglyceride 2.0 i live in sydney australlia 27 years old 180...
3 answers |
Is it possible that a person have high LDL and Low HDL despite of normal cholesterol level?
2 answers |
My medical values are shown below. Are these in a dangerous level? Should I start medication or is it okay to start with exercise? I h...
18 answers |
1236893 tn?1408490528
New Studies Show Optimizing Vitamin D Levels May Double Chances of Surviving Breast Cancer, Lower LDL Cholesterol, and Helps Prevent Auti...
My triglyceride level used to be at the 78-85 level in the past 3 years. Yesterday my blood test shows a triglyceride level of 125. My ...
3 answers |
My Total Cholesterol is 138, Tryiglyceriedes 83, HDL 90, LDL 34. I have been told by several doctors that these numbers are great. Howeve...
Hi I'm freaking out. I have been having chest pains all month around my heart area so I told the doctor so they requested some blood t...
225237 tn?1333142599
I am a 34 yr old female, I weigh 217 an am 4 ft 11 in. Yes, I know I am overweight an I am working to loose some of the excess weight! ...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cholesterol Community Resources