Aa
A
A
Close
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Group
A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.
1 - 20 (of 223) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1916673 tn?1420236870
I hope you will join this Group and become a valuable and active member. Through this Group, we can help each other with suggestions, adv...
79 answers | 26 comments |
Hello, I had to put down my 10 year old Yorkie last night and it was the worst experience of my life. I have a question about Pallidia...
4 answers | 3 comments |
1916673 tn?1420236870
I have written a huge amount of information articles on canine kidney failure, and most of them will be useful to anyone here that is jus...
1 answer |
When I had Oscars blood work done the first time his bun was 39, and creatinine 1.7. The vet put him on hills k/d and suggested azodyl, s...
1 answer | 10 comments |
My 3 year old boxer was just diagnosed today with kidney failure and I am so heartbroken. I cant stop crying. She's still a baby and I am...
1 answer | 1 comment |
We have a 10 year old, small mixed breed dog who has had CKD for a few years. About 12 weeks ago, he stopped eating for two days and when...
2 answers | 2 comments |
I'm not sure where to start so I'll start by listing his lab results done today. BUN 118, CREA 11.9, BUN/CREA 10, PHOS 12.6, CA 12.7, ...
1 answer |
Hello--thank you for providing some of the most comprehensive information on managing chronic kidney failure in dogs that I’ve been able ...
19 answers | 30 comments |
My dog (stage 3) is a finicky eater and I had to mix the KD diet (wet or dry) with some of the regular dog food diet to entice her to eat...
2 answers | 1 comment |
Our 11 year old Jack Russell Terrier, Jackie, is battling this disease and it came out of nowhere for us. Up until 5 days ago, she was a...
1 answer |
My dog won't eat. He is in the later stages of kidney failure, I should find out tomorrow how far along he is. Any suggestions on safe ...
2 answers | 1 comment |
I'm not sure where to start so I'll start by listing his lab results done today. BUN 118, CREA 11.9, BUN/CREA 10, PHOS 12.6, CA 12.7, ...
1 answer | 1 comment |
My Sheltie, Sadie was DX'd with early stage CKF in Sept. She is a rescue dog, so I am unsure of her age. Likely, she is between 11 and...
15 answers | 32 comments |
My 17 year old Tibetan Spaniel, Miki, was diagnosed with stage 2 kidney failure in Feb 2016. Since then, her numbers have jumped and she'...
5 answers | 2 comments |
I was up all night, reading posts in this forum, which I found very helpful and comforting. Our 16 year old dachshund, Snoopy was diagnos...
1 answer |
1916673 tn?1420236870
(Re-Posted) Hi. We got the new that our 12yr carin,pom mix missy has ckf levels were high. Bun 146 and creatine at 5.5. Been doing sub...
1 answer |
I have a beautiful female Lurcher crossbreed called Baillie she about 14 yrs old. Up until last year we had no health issues with her a...
3 answers | 13 comments |
My boy, Sid, is an 8 year old, blind, bull terrier, was diagnosed with stage 4 chronic kidney failure last Tuesday. His bun was 130 , cr...
13 answers | 6 comments |
Hello. I don't have a lot of information. But my fathers dog is 8 1/2 years old terrier mix Chancho was diagnosed with diabetes today and...
2 answers | 3 comments |
Our dog has kidney failure vets reckon maybe eaten something his bloods showed that everything was very high not given much hope had a fe...
6 answers | 3 comments |
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Laineygirlim joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 17
Blank
Mdm102984 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 15