Aa
A
A
Close
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Group
A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.
1 - 20 (of 273) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My Sheltie, Sadie was DX'd with early stage CKF in Sept. She is a rescue dog, so I am unsure of her age. Likely, she is between 11 and...
23 answers | 48 comments |
I took her in for a check up on Monday, July 3rd. Other than a dry nose she showed no signs that she was ill until that Sunday night when...
1 answer | 4 comments |
Hello everyone, My baby got diagnosed with ckd about 4 months ago. He looked very sick and had no interest in his food. He then got put ...
2 answers | 3 comments |
Hi Tony, I found this website after my dog was diagnosed with ckd less than a week ago. My baby is 13 and half, Lhasa Apso, female, fixe...
6 answers | 12 comments |
My 4.5 year old female standard goldendoodle was diagnosed with stage 3 CKF recently. We found out yesterday that it's due to renal dyspl...
1 answer |
My Shiba Inu will be 4 years old in July. He went in for an annual teeth cleaning and the vet called to tell me that his levels in his ki...
1 answer | 2 comments |
My 5 year old dog, Harper was just diagnosed with stage 3 kidney failure this week.This hit us seemingly fast. Sunday night she was throw...
1 answer |
Hi Tony, My Dog Zoey shih tzu 10 yrs old was diagnosed with kindey failure (Chronic on Acute) on Thursday 04/27/2017. I never knew she ha...
2 answers | 1 comment |
Hi there, Jabu is an 11 year old English bull terrier and was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease last month. We're still reeling. Ours...
3 answers | 2 comments |
Hi Tony, thanks for getting back to me. I really do appreciate it. A lot. I read both your articles and will now look for a butcher t...
Hi, my 6-year-old Shar Pei was just diagnosed with advanced kidney failure with a creatinine of 11.2 and BUN registering off the chart on...
3 answers |
First of all I want to say I have found this group to be a wonderful place of love, support, and information for anyone going through thi...
4 answers | 4 comments |
Our 6 year old beagle was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease about 2 months ago. Her vet says we should consider immunosuppressants si...
1 answer |
20022623 tn?1489119997
My 13yr old min poodle poppies was diagnosed with early kidney disease the Dr never told me what to do I'm scared and there is so much I ...
2 answers |
1916673 tn?1420236870
When a dog is newly diagnosed with kidney failure, there are a number of things an owner needs to consider straight away - and some may n...
My 17 year old best friend has been diagnosed with kidney disease. I brought her in on Monday because She had not eaten in 5ish days. She...
1 answer | 7 comments |
1916673 tn?1420236870
Urinary Tract Infections are very common in dogs with kidney disease. I have recently finished writing an article about this, which you m...
19691093 tn?1488197669
Hi Tony. Our Pomeranian, Bebe, weighs 2.08 kg / 4.6 lb. On January 3, I started giving him Aluminium Hydroxide gel powder as a phosphor...
1 answer | 8 comments |
Hello, Mr Grey is about 12 or 13. In November last he had a vestibular attack and went off his food, but recovered pretty well. We resc...
7 answers | 7 comments |
Hi, My dog has been recently diagnosed with stage 1 Kidney disease. Her SDMA results were 17 in August and Nov 5th was at 19. Histo...
3 answers | 4 comments |
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
sarahAZ joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 21
Blank
KalHarper joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 10