Aa
A
A
Close
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Group
A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.
1 - 20 (of 252) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi. I'm so happy to have found this sight in the middle of the night after being up with my girl who is in CRF and has a terrible proble...
1 answer | 1 comment |
Hello, I've just come across this wonderful group and am wondering if you can help me. My dog was diagnosed with familial nephropat...
1 answer | 5 comments |
Our Bassett Lucy was diagnosed exactly 4 weeks ago. BUN 114; CREA 8.6. She was eating the first 2 weeks, KD Hills and specially prepared ...
4 answers | 12 comments |
I was told his Bun is 45 and Creatine is 598, they said he should be really ill, he suffers Shar Pei fever when stressed out, so I sat wi...
1 answer |
Hi, Our dog is 4 years old and we are pretty sure it was a toxin that our dog ingested to get him to this stage. We had him stay in the ...
1 answer |
My dog was diagnosed with kidney failure last May, the vet said that about 70% of his kidneys have failed and he has been on sub q everyd...
1 answer |
I have a 6 year old Black lab. He dog was diagnosed with Kidney failure as a result of lymes diease. The initial blood work was BUN 68 a...
2 answers |
Tony, I was reading your previous comment that lactated ringers are safer than .9% saline for kidney disease. My dog also has Addison's n...
1 answer |
Our dog, Bebe (pronounced bay-bay), was a rescue we found on the street 4 years ago. We're guessing he is about 10 years old or so. He we...
2 answers | 2 comments |
My dog was recently put on Benazapril for her kidney issues. Some of the side effects say it can cause kidney issues. Anyone have any ide...
3 answers | 5 comments |
13602926 tn?1458507560
I have not posted for a few months. My little Yorkie was dx with kidney and heart failure April 2014. He took a turn for the worst very q...
3 answers | 1 comment |
We lost our little Jasmine on Monday night. She was a 14.5 year old Jack Russell. She has been in kidney failure for about 6 months, at...
1 answer | 2 comments |
My Domino was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney failure. Like everyone else I saw the weight loss, excessive peeing, and loss of control of ...
2 answers | 15 comments |
I've posted before. My beagle Gracie was diagnosed with CRF after her Addisonian crisis about 4 weeks ago. She was on IV fluids for 3 d...
2 answers | 1 comment |
Our cocker spaniel has both cancer (mast cell tumours) and now stage 3 kidney failure. He no longer has chemo and we are in palliative ca...
1 answer |
My 3 year old German Short-hair Pointer, Gracie, ingested Advil a week ago. I am completely at fault for leaving a bottle on the table b...
3 answers | 5 comments |
My Sheltie, Sadie was DX'd with early stage CKF in Sept. She is a rescue dog, so I am unsure of her age. Likely, she is between 11 and...
19 answers | 34 comments |
1916673 tn?1420236870
It can be alarming to receive a diagnosis from the vet that your best friend has chronic kidney disease. Although there is no cure, there...
Yesterday we received the heartbreaking news that our beautiful girl Brewer has chronic kidney disease. Her CREA was 6 (unfortunately I d...
2 answers | 4 comments |
Hello, I'm new to this forum. And, like most, I've been researching the internet compulsively to help my dog. I have a 13+ year old...
1 answer | 4 comments |
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
pengi_24 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 18
Blank
Paul_Anderson joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 17