Blank
Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Group

A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.

1 - 20 (of 185) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1916673 tn?1420236870
I hope you will join this Group and become a valuable and active member. Through this Group, we can help each other with suggestions, advice, support and information about this dreadful disease and how best we can manage treatments for o...
  Posted
Hello- I'm new to the group. My 14 y/o Maltese Lilah was diagnosed with severe kidney failure. Background- she has had glomerulonephritis for 3 years which has been maintained wonderfully with enalapril (2.5mg BID). She also has autoimmu...
  Posted
1916673 tn?1420236870
The User Group has been fairly quiet of late and I'm never really sure whether that's a good or disconcerting thing. So just to check ... how are we all doing today?
  Posted
Our female German Shepherd is in the final stage of kidney disease. Has been eating very little, mostly only a few favorite snacks, and some hamburger. Will no longer eat chicken or her prescription food. Gets a little energetic but then...
  Posted
Our 15 yr old Brittany is suffering from early stage ckd. Bun is 40, creatinine 1.8, sdma 14, phosphorus normal, appetite good. The problem is, he also suffers from anxiety, probably from canine cognitive disfunction. It looks like Xa...
  Posted
My jack russell terrier was in acute kidney failure last month and is now in chronic. Her blood work, off the charts in some areas, has normalised but her urine showed high protein and she has high blood pressure; she is taking enalapril...
  Posted
My beautiful fur child is Maggie, a 15 year old Pomeranian cross. Maggie is my first fur child and I've raised her since she was a pup. Last summer my vet recommended that Maggie get her teeth cleaned. I was worried about him putting ...
  Posted
My Sheltie, Sadie was DX'd with early stage CKF in Sept. She is a rescue dog, so I am unsure of her age. Likely, she is between 11 and 12. at this time, we had a mass that developed very quickly, removed from her toe, which ended up ...
  Posted
Sorry for any repeat, My 2 yr. old Standard Poodle was just diagnosed with Acute Kidney failure. He was absolutely fine one day & the next day at death's door! He was in the hospital for 3 days on IV fluids, which they had to stop becaus...
  Posted
My almost 15 yr old beagle who ways about 17 pounds was diagnosed with kidney failure 3 years ago. She was put on some sort of antibiotic and given a special diet of KD. She had a very bad bout 2 years ago and almost died but was again ...
  Posted
1916673 tn?1420236870
As part of my ongoing study of Chronic Kidney Failure in dogs and the association of hypertension (high blood pressure), please take part and I will post the results in due course from this and other similar polls taking part on other fo...
  Posted
17588597 tn?1459057246
Hi everyone, I just want to say this group is a god send and I hope to be of support and love like I have received from all of you! I feel much more at peace with his diagnosis and with whatever comes. I will fight for him as long as ...
  Posted
I'm new here and not used to posting in groups but when I started reading through the threads I felt compelled to post as well. My JRT Reilly is going to be 15 in June and is in, what I believe to be stage 3 possibly 4 renal failure. I h...
  Posted
17638038 tn?1459055509
Hello Tony, I am so excited to have joined this group. It makes me feel better to talk to other people that understand what I am going through. I wanted to ask you about the pain medication my little Dior is taking and if you think i...
  Posted
Hi there, Trying to find help for my sheltie with her renal disease. BUN in 50's Cr 2.5 Phos normal (at least two weeks ago). familiar with uremia. Not eating much and now will not eat rice, spaghetti, hi quality hamburger, eggs, chee...
  Posted
Bruno was diagnosed with CKF last May and has been holding his own but has since slipped. His bloodwork in Dec was BUN 125, Creatinine 7.3, Phosphorus 11.2 SDMA-49 and Potassium 5.2 His last BP was 240. He is currently taking 5mg Am...
  Posted
Though I tried to do everything I could, I had to put my 17 1/2 year old dog to sleep two days ago because of chronic kidney and pancreatitis failure. Though I started noticing he had kidney failure by the time it was already too late...
  Posted
13602926 tn?1458507560
I haven't posted in a while. My yorkie Pepsi, was diagnosed with Kidney failure and Heart Disease (Murmur) April 2015. I was told he had a year, at most. He is on Pimobendan and Enalapril for his heart and Alum. Hydrox for his kidneys. ...
  Posted
17588597 tn?1459057246
Hi everyone, I found this group while researching my dog, Joshua, was diagnosed with acute kidney failure yesterday. We found out a few weeks ago that he has congestive heart failure, and apparently his meds has caused the kidney failu...
  Posted
Hi Has anyone experience or knowledge of this, I am contacting my vet to ask if this treatment can be used on my 6 yrs old husky who is in late stage 3 CKD. Any info would be appreciated.
  Posted
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Lilahs_mom joined this group
Welcome them!
May 04
Blank
Infinitysa joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 25