Aa
A
A
Close
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Group
A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.
21 - 40 (of 205) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi Tony, I want to join this group. How do I do that? My dog has been diagnosed last May2015 with early stage kidney disease. She is ...
1 answer |
My 10 year old dalmation has a creatinine level of 18. He started puking last week and had no health issues prior to this. Is there anyth...
1 answer |
Hi all! I have come to this group looking for some support around my dogs recent kidney issues. He is 12, and will be 13 in July. He i...
1 answer |
Hello- I'm new to the group. My 14 y/o Maltese Lilah was diagnosed with severe kidney failure. Background- she has had glomerulonephritis...
1 answer | 1 comment |
1916673 tn?1420236870
The User Group has been fairly quiet of late and I'm never really sure whether that's a good or disconcerting thing. So just to check ......
1 answer | 3 comments |
Our female German Shepherd is in the final stage of kidney disease. Has been eating very little, mostly only a few favorite snacks, and s...
1 answer |
Our 15 yr old Brittany is suffering from early stage ckd. Bun is 40, creatinine 1.8, sdma 14, phosphorus normal, appetite good. The pro...
2 answers |
My jack russell terrier was in acute kidney failure last month and is now in chronic. Her blood work, off the charts in some areas, has n...
1 answer |
My beautiful fur child is Maggie, a 15 year old Pomeranian cross. Maggie is my first fur child and I've raised her since she was a pup. ...
1 answer |
Sorry for any repeat, My 2 yr. old Standard Poodle was just diagnosed with Acute Kidney failure. He was absolutely fine one day & the nex...
1 answer |
1916673 tn?1420236870
As part of my ongoing study of Chronic Kidney Failure in dogs and the association of hypertension (high blood pressure), please take part...
12 answers | 1 comment |
17588597 tn?1459057246
Hi everyone, I just want to say this group is a god send and I hope to be of support and love like I have received from all of you! I ...
7 answers | 4 comments |
I'm new here and not used to posting in groups but when I started reading through the threads I felt compelled to post as well. My JRT Re...
2 answers | 1 comment |
17638038 tn?1459055509
Hello Tony, I am so excited to have joined this group. It makes me feel better to talk to other people that understand what I am goin...
3 answers | 1 comment |
Hi there, Trying to find help for my sheltie with her renal disease. BUN in 50's Cr 2.5 Phos normal (at least two weeks ago). familiar ...
9 answers | 1 comment |
Bruno was diagnosed with CKF last May and has been holding his own but has since slipped. His bloodwork in Dec was BUN 125, Creatinine 7...
6 answers | 5 comments |
Though I tried to do everything I could, I had to put my 17 1/2 year old dog to sleep two days ago because of chronic kidney and pancreat...
2 answers |
13602926 tn?1458507560
I haven't posted in a while. My yorkie Pepsi, was diagnosed with Kidney failure and Heart Disease (Murmur) April 2015. I was told he had ...
4 answers | 5 comments |
17588597 tn?1459057246
Hi everyone, I found this group while researching my dog, Joshua, was diagnosed with acute kidney failure yesterday. We found out a few...
15 answers | 4 comments |
Hi Has anyone experience or knowledge of this, I am contacting my vet to ask if this treatment can be used on my 6 yrs old husky who is ...
11 answers | 8 comments |
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
TanyaKR joined this group
Welcome them!
20 hrs ago
Blank
LELIANA13 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 27