Aa
A
A
Close
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Group
A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.
21 - 40 (of 220) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
tony i have a * yr old shitzu that was diagnosed with crf in oct 2015 . she is taking benazapril and amlodipine bid and plavix once at ni...
2 answers | 3 comments |
1475974 tn?1306884921
My dog Lulu 14 yrs old diagnosed with Hepatozoonosis in 2011. her levels and blood pressure are very high. she is severally allergic or ...
1 answer |
82861 tn?1333457511
Our old Dalmatian, Doc, is in end stage kidney failure. Typical Dal, he had bladder stone surgery in February 2015, recovered well but co...
3 answers | 1 comment |
Just started looking online this past week about canine kidney failure after I was told my dog, a 4 year old american eskimo had the dise...
1 answer |
Hi all. My beautiful 16 y/o male yorkie Boey has been diagnosed with kidney failure and we admitted into the hospital for that, and he...
1 answer |
Hi all. My beautiful 16 y/o male yorkie Boey has been diagnosed with kidney failure and we admitted into the hospital for that, and he...
My 14.5 year old Chihuahua, Sam, was diagnosed with kidney failure 7 days ago. His bloodwork was off the charts: Bun was 246 (7 days a...
3 answers |
18375851 tn?1464378266
Bentley is only 3 1/2 and about a month ago started drinking obsessively then about a week later stopped eating. He went for about 3 wee...
4 answers | 1 comment |
My 8 year old mix breed was diagnosed with kidney failure on Sunday with a BUN of 162 and creatinine of 12. She had been refusing to eat ...
2 answers |
We have been dealing with CRF with my 13 year old pug for the last year. I really haven't done much in regards to his diet except giving...
1 answer |
Just a (very) short background. My dog Tinkerbell has had some bladder issues (reoccurring bladder infections, crystals in the bladder) a...
2 answers |
My 6-year-old shih tzu, Minnie, was diagnosed with CRF in March of 2015. She was prescribed aluminum hydroxide, pet tinic, and famotidine...
1 answer |
My almost 15 yr old beagle who ways about 17 pounds was diagnosed with kidney failure 3 years ago. She was put on some sort of antibioti...
2 answers |
Hi I have small carolina dog and she has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma and stage 4 kidney failure. I understand that there isn't m...
1 answer |
18076640 tn?1462978772
I never posted before. I have a 8 yr. old beagle named Cocoa. He was diagnosed with CKF in January when I took a urine sample to vet beca...
1 answer |
Hi Tony, I want to join this group. How do I do that? My dog has been diagnosed last May2015 with early stage kidney disease. She is ...
1 answer |
My 10 year old dalmation has a creatinine level of 18. He started puking last week and had no health issues prior to this. Is there anyth...
1 answer |
Hi all! I have come to this group looking for some support around my dogs recent kidney issues. He is 12, and will be 13 in July. He i...
1 answer |
Hello- I'm new to the group. My 14 y/o Maltese Lilah was diagnosed with severe kidney failure. Background- she has had glomerulonephritis...
1 answer | 1 comment |
1916673 tn?1420236870
The User Group has been fairly quiet of late and I'm never really sure whether that's a good or disconcerting thing. So just to check ......
1 answer | 3 comments |
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
ThreeJRTs joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 27
Blank
Raellen joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 22