Aa
A
A
Close

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

41 - 60 (of 875) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Here is a timeline of events, although first my history: I am 28- I was in the hospital for 4 months when I was born with PPHT and bronchopulmonary dysplasia, I was on oxygen for a year after I got out of the hospital. I was sick a...
  Posted
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a reason why I get sharp pains in my forearms and wrists when I cough. I was diagnosed with COPD 2 years ago and I'm wondering if it's related. I don't get the pain all the time but it's very pa...
  Posted
Hi everyone. Just had a breathing test with Fev1 of 68 %. Nothing changed with the bronchiolator. Ct scan shows emphysema. Follow up with doc in two weeks and anxious and terrified! The resp therapist said I must have been experiencing ...
  Posted
I have the following medications but can’t seem to find the most effective order in which to take them. I’d like to know what to take first off in the morning to get optimum usage of each and which to avoid or use the least of. Ne...
  Posted
I have Lupus and just had PFTs what does all this mean , my doctor is out of town Spirometry showed a forced vital capacity of 3.5 L which is 95% of predicted and FEV1 2.8 L which is 96% of predicted. FEV1/FVC is 81% the mid flow rat...
  Posted
I just want to be okay :( I had PFT's done and all my numbers are great. Results are below , but WHY WH YWHY WHY do I wsignificantly decreased functional lung capacity?!?!!? when all my other numbers are normal :( im so sick of worryin...
  Posted
5962895 tn?1377465572
Why aren't more patients tested for this?
  Posted
Does the fact that I quit smoking 17 years ago improve my prognosis fo stage 2 emphysema
  Posted
Hi there, The below information are for my 68 years old father regarding his COPD condition during May this year. The condition is severe but would like to listen for 2nd opinion from doctor in this forum. FEV1 = Base : 0.88, %Pred...
  Posted
There seems to be some indication I have developed a contact allergy to inhaled steroids. When I use them they seem to lessen or stop the inflammation for awhile but when they begin to wear off it is worse than when I started. .The highe...
  Posted
I have recently started having congestion/coughing, with my COPD symptoms, along with pain in my upper back between my shoulder blades, is this a sign of Pnuemonia? I've been coughing up alot of sputum, I am taking my musinex, and albut...
  Posted
hi can you tell me what a fev1 31% predicted means and why do I see some other peoples results listed like this 1.55 whats the difference? and is 31%bad?
  Posted
5635044 tn?1371386014
I am in stage 4 COPD and have anit-trypsin defiency, my question is where is the best place to live for the people who suffers from this, I live here in Ohio and it seems like every season change is when I feel the worse and also what is...
  Posted
I was told that one of these breathers cannot be used with Proventil. Please tell me if it is Advair or Spiriva. I can't remember which one the doctor told me.
  Posted
After brisk walking for 15 minures in a approximately 4 kilometers, I perspired too much. The next day, I felt slight numbness on my right head.
  Posted
1549643 tn?1293987479
Xray says I have some scarring in left lung base with blunting of diaphragm but no definitive infiltrate or consolidation. CT I had 8 yrs ago showed mild scarring at left lung base so the scarring is permanent. The hospital didn't have a...
  Posted
what does minimal obstructive airway disease mean and what are some causes of this. I have never smoked
  Posted
5635044 tn?1371386014
I was diagnosed with stage 4 COPD have Alpha 1 Anti-trypsin defiency, my questions are 1) Where is the best climate to live in for this type of disease, and 2) what type of excercises can I do to lose the weight, I have a treatmill, an...
  Posted
Hi I was just diagnosed with polycythemia vera , I have had lack of oxegen for over 4 years and MY hemoglobin level is over 40 for yrs at least . Any way back to questions MY skin looks like its 70 I have very loose skin under arms embar...
  Posted
Hi all, My father is is 64 and has smoked for 50 years. He collapsed at work with pain in his knee and shortness of breath. He has suffered with a bad shoulder for months where he can not lift his arm. He has suffered from cough for l...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank