Aa
A
A
Close

Cirrhosis of the Liver Community

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

61 - 80 (of 724) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello, I was diagnosticated with VHB few months ago, (probably from birth) and i did fibroscan with this results: Stiffness: 10.2 kPa, iqr 0.7, cs 9.8 ( F3, i suppose ). How bad is this result ? I am going to chirossis soon ? T...
NLioan | Last answer
Hi all, I'll keep this as short as possible. I have a history of about 25 years of moderate, social drinking until last year. Then, I developed depression, anxiety and insomnia two years ago, was put on various different meds for th...
BelfastGav | Last answer
My brother is an acholic and is 52. He has seizures and gets the shakes to the point he can't hold a cup. He gets confused at times. In the morning I hear him vomiting. He won't go to the doctor. I have a bad feeling he has sroacies of t...
Onlyasister | Last answer
a 71 yrs old male patient DM; long standing insulin, stable ischemic heart disease, with a history of open cholecystitis complicated with fulminant biliary peritonitis on 2006, found to have liver cirrhosis, grade 1 esophageal variese by...
muslehaltowaity15 | Last answer
1084115_tn?1385232189
Hello everyone, since several years I have discreet spider veins on my chest I had them already when I was F3. Now i am 3 years SVR and my US MRI showed no signs of cirrhosis.Even the fibroscan has gone slowly down. Is it possible t...
rexx73 | Last answer
Hey all! Today my husband and I met his new doctor, he doesn't want to treat him for hep c at this time because of all the complications his currhosis has caused. So instead he had scheduled an appointment for next month to have the TIPP...
promise0210 | Last answer
I have been posting on this site for almost three years now. My husband was diagnosed with cirrhosis three years ago. He stopped drinking for a little while, maybe two months , but could not stay sober until this day. He was diagnosed w...
Val68 | Last answer
It’s virtually impossible for me to leave the house without needing to use the bathroom all the time. ive asked for a lower dosage as my edema & Ascites has significantly subsided but my physician wants to keep me on this dosage for the...
BA87 | Last answer
I had a routine Ultrasound about 11 months ago and it was discovered that I had a mass of 2.2 CM on my liver which was said to be hamongioma. The Ultrasound was repeated in June this year and the size of the mass remained the same. Als...
JustusPeace | Last answer
My partner was diagnosed 11 months ago with cirrhosis when complaints about hernia arose. He is being treated for ascites and varices. The cirrhosis symptoms have improved except ascites which is not getting worse. The problem seems to...
kj2015 | Last answer
I know that this forum isn't adequate for my question but I am new to this site please forgive me for this. I am 17 years old, and 80 kg. My issue is I have just taken accidentally 10 grams of paracetamol aka acetaminophen I've just ...
RreziKrasni | Last answer
446474_tn?1446351282
Latest AASLD Guidelines for Treating Cirrhotics with Hepatitis C – August 25, 2015 Pretreatment Optimization of the Cirrhotic Patient Management of Hepatitis C Infection • Authors: Jordan J. Feld, MD, MPH; Hemant Shah, MD, MScCH) ...
HectorSF | Last answer
Is there any way you can lower your meld score
KJAOLGA | Last answer
My dad was recently diagnosed with severe Cirrhosis of the liver. He is 63 and was never a heavy drinker. We think it may have been caused by metformin he took to treat Diabetes. He also has been self employed and has no insurance, so at...
TarraK | Last answer
Hello - First off, sorry for the long post. Here it goes...After a few yrs of elevated LFTs, my PCP finally referred me to a GI/Hep Dr & also ordered more blood work & an US. My only symptoms were the elevated LFTs until very recently,...
Moonunit123 | Last answer
Hello! I am a 58 year old female that was just diagnosed with stage four cirrhosis after a liver biopsy, numerous tests, being sick since having pneumonia in September, 2014, and being in and out of the hospital several times, the last ...
Aubrey40 | Last answer
Looking for the ranges and info on fibroscan results... 1. What does median shear wave speed mean? And what is the normal range? Mine was 1.98 meters/second 2. What are the normal ranges or median liver stiffness? My score 11.8kpa 3. ...
Flamingogirl | Last answer
I have been reading up on qualifications for getting listed for a transplant and it seems that alcoholism induced cirrhosis can be grounds for denial. Is that true universally or can there be mitigating circumstances?
Gsa1234 | Last answer
Anyone ever hear of Colchicine (gout med) lowering platelet count? I have normal bloods except a low platelet count of 142 in Aug and had 'increased extotecture without focal mass" and a slightly enlarged spleen at 13cm in April 2015 ul...
Gsa1234 | Last answer
Hello Forum. This is first post here. I posted on the Community Board and received a suggestion to reach out to this Board and specifically to HectorSF but I welcome and appreciate comments from anyone here. Hector if you're reading thi...
kat3a | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Feb 05
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Feb 02