Aa
A
A
Close

Cirrhosis of the Liver Community

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

81 - 100 (of 724) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My husband has been diagnosed with cirrhosis and he has been prescribed lactulose. He goes to the bathroom with diarrhea all day long. Is this normal? He quit taking it for a week and still had really bad diarrhea so I made him start tak...
Share16 | Last answer
My wife was diagnosed with Primary Biliary Cirrhosis over 20 years ago. She is 74 years old and fortunate to have lived this long. Up to a three months ago she had no major symptoms.in the last three months she has gone into hepatic ence...
mlair | Last answer
My dad is in the final stages of cirrhosis. His body has diminished significantly over the past couple of years. Can't stay awake, can't walk alone, can't carry on a conversation 75% of the time without falling asleep. Unfortunately he h...
BrittBurton | Last answer
My husband was taken to the ER lastnight, when I got home from work he was so confused, he wasn't making sense when he was talking. He had no idea his step dad had passed away (10 years ago). Took his blood pressure and it was good but h...
promise0210 | Last answer
We receieved the biopsy results and they are a little confusing. One doc indicated it was not yet cirrhosis and another said it was early cirrhosis. Both think we may be able to reverse some of this and live a full life. Has anyone had a...
Flamingogirl | Last answer
My doctor told me my enzymes was up and i should stop drinking but also told me that the liver heals itself so after some time i had a couple drinks then started getting sharp pains in my liver does anybody have a solution besides tellin...
edward_41 | Last answer
Initially, they put me on a low sodium diet. It turned out that I usually don't consume a lot of sodium in general. The diet wasn't and issue for me. When this started, I began losing weight. Unbeknownst to me, ascites was creeping i...
Sophia_Kitten | Last answer
I've had 3 drainage procedures while in-patient. They were done by inserting a pigtail catheter and letting the pressure of the ascites and gravity do the rest. I am finally ok enough that I can have the outpatient procedure regularly sc...
Sophia_Kitten | Last answer
Anyone with with liver disease have pain? My upper quadrant below the breastbone down to lower ribs feel bruised. My lower side and back feel tender it's constant never goes away. When I sleep on my right it's very uncomfortable. Just wo...
lindscourt | Last answer
My mom has been in the hospital for 4 weeks now. We were told 2 weeks ago she has Hep C and she has end stage liver failure. She had to have a chest tube put in 2 weeks ago and she si doing dialysis, she had to do it Monday-Friday this p...
rhearomanmahmood | Last answer
13771170_tn?1439544005
Hi ! Today is 4th week after end of therapy. And HCV still undetected. But bilirubin is highj enough ( 2 mg/dL ) and PLT count is low. And mild ascite is in place ( mild ascite without diuretics and no ascite on diuretics ) As i know...
FoxTheRed | Last answer
So there other night I went to the ER with RUQ pain and nausea. Doctor took blood and ran tests, came back and said I was extremely dehydrated, filled me up on fluids and sent me on my merry way. Today I checked my labs online and eve...
xxstacersxx | Last answer
Hello all, I'm not sure if this is really the right place to post this question, but you all seem so knowledgable about cirrhosis & liver issues that I thought I'd give it a try. I'm a 30 yr old female, recently having bloating/abdom...
Kg1012 | Last answer
I have cirrhosis, recently diagnosed from a liver biopsy. I am a 58 year old female. I have made many lifestyle changes, feel great and my labs are all within the normal range currently. My meld score is 11, down from 16 six weeks ago....
Aubrey40 | Last answer
13771170_tn?1439544005
I has decompensated cirrhosis ( ascites and low PLT ). Is here somebody who got ascite resolved or PLT increased after SVR ?
FoxTheRed | Last answer
what foods are helpful with controlling cirrhosis of liver
jjollygrl | Last answer
Has anyone had any experience with the TIPS procedure. Our dr mentioned it as a possibility since we are having trouble maintaining his enlarged varicies. I've read and resesrched about it but it sounds pretty scary. Also, has anyone ...
promise0210 | Last answer
Hi all, does anyone have experience with dealing with a relative that has end stage liver disease from alcohol? My dad has been in hospital for 3 weeks, initially with pancreatits but I've now been told by the Drs that it is end stage li...
Carole1975 | Last answer
I had a liver biopsy to stage my PBC (primary biliary cirrhosis )2 weeks ago.I got the final report diagnosis online It says. Biliary cirrhosis (HCC)CIRRHOSIS. I think it means stage 4 pbc.Any Ideas?
Sjunell8675309 | Last answer
Hi, my husband is 50 and diagnosed with stage 4 cirrhosis. He recently had varicies banded. He is on Nadolol for his PHT and is scheduled for his biopsy soon. His CT scan and Ultra Sound show some liver shrinkage. They say he will eve...
Vward143 | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on Jade59's status
13 hrs ago
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on Help
Feb 11