Aa
A
A
Close
Congestive Heart Failure Forum
CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!
1 - 20 (of 122) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My mother (46 yo), was diagnosed with CHF in December 2010 with an EF of 10-15%. The doctors said they did not know what caused it so the...
4 answers |
My mother recently had vtac and had to be shocked to bring her around. they found that she had almost total blockage of the left main art...
2 answers |
I was told I have unspecified congestive heart failure and diastolic heart failure. I have abnormal lab tests: WBC - 15, CRP - 38, SED Ra...
1 answer |
I posted this in the Angina community but thought it would be best to post it here. I am a 62 yr old woman with diabetes, chf and ckd. I ...
6 answers |
hello, i had a cto mid lad that was stented july 2013 and an echo nov 2013 that was basically normal with ef of 55-60% and no other sign...
2 answers |
Hello Dr, 7 days ago I started having on/off fatigue, heart palpitations, minimal chest pain (more of a burn), shortness of breath just ...
3 answers |
zma
I have chf and an aneurysm by my heart I have very low blood pressure I'm on alot of meds for my condition I want to fly to see my son an...
1 answer |
Dear doctor, I had a sore throat followed by a cold infection with much phlegm. Around two weeks after the termination of the infection,...
2 answers |
My husband was diagnose with CHF six month ago. He was put on 5 different meds and a second echo was done after the six month and their h...
1 answer |
I've been having chest pains, neck and shoulder pain. Nausea, increased sleeplessness and waking every hour. Shortness of breath, dizzyne...
4 answers |
7738976 tn?1393796132
I was misdiagnosed as having Pneumonia for six weeks with two hospital admissions. I was never any better so I went to Mayo Clinic for a ...
1 answer |
I am a 54 year old female with a chronic wet cough and high blood pressure. My grandma had heart open heart surgery, and my mom had a tu...
1 answer |
My second echocardiogram (1 year after first) shows a worsening of my heart function. Systolic and diastolic disfunction. Left ventri...
1 answer |
Three weeks ago I started to hurt in my left arm, I have a torn rotator cuff so I didn't really pay it any attention. A few hours later I...
1 answer |
My father had silent heart attack. Due to sugar he didn't get any pain. ECHO shows that his ER is 30%. He got SOB grade 3 associated with...
1 answer |
I'm a 32 year old, mom of 2 ages 4 and 7. I was just Dignosed with CHF , with EF of 10%.. Can your EF rate improve? I have no valve damag...
1 answer |
I went to the ER a few weeks ago with a racing heart. SOme of my other symptoms are fatigue, swelling in fingers in the morning, gurgling...
2 answers |
My husband has been disgnosed with severe diffuse multi vessell cad he is unable to have any surgical intervention , he is 54 diabetic ...
1 answer |
Hi, I am a 48 year old female with a major chronic health situation that is debilitating, however, I have been unable to find a cause or ...
2 answers |
In March 2013 was diagnosed with CHF, no known cause. 51 yo male, non smoker or drinker. No other health problems. Heart cath completel...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now